Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,604 of 1,842 1 2 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
She'll get all the entertainment she can handle at "the fair" when you guys are here.

Hint...go to the milk stand and drink until you can't anymore. It's worth the $1.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The North Shore? That's where all the liberals go on vacation. laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
She'll get all the entertainment she can handle at "the fair" when you guys are here.

Hint...go to the milk stand and drink until you can't anymore. It's worth the $1.

Good advice but I would find a shade tree to drag your 120 quart cooler under.

We are talking about Travis here...

grin

Last edited by Rooster7; 08/08/16.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I dunno. I smell trouble.

Anytime a bunch of 'sotans get together there's mayhem. As soon as somebody pops the top of a Grainbelt, the smart talkin' starts. Then somebody gets the munchies and the next thing ya know, there's a hotdish (not sure what's in it but it has to have tater tots and cheese) sitting in the middle of the table along wit some lefse and lutefisk. Flatulence abounds.

Then somebody gets the grand idea to go down to Bemidji and steal Paul Bunyan's ax. Of course, there's always the guy who's had a bit too much GB and tries to have relations with Babe the Blue Ox.

More smart talk about da tirty pointer that got away and da nordern dat was over 50" who musta slipped da hook. Also much smart talk about the Vikings, Twins, and missing the NorthStars; of which, the common theme is the championships that got away.

Finally someone drops a line in the hole and everyone seems to go home with walleye limits and a headache. There'll be pics of these fish and the men who were there, but no one will really know the whole story.

grin
Dammit CFT, you owe me a keyboard-and a screen!

Oh yah-sure-you-betcha! Us crazy Minnysotans! Incidently I heard Babe's been walkin' kind of fuuny ever since Deflave came through.....

You boys been hittin' the Grain Belt too hard again?

[Linked Image]

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

[Linked Image]

blush

You've heard of cow tipping haven't ya...

Last edited by Rooster7; 08/08/16.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's Cow tipping.

lol

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's how it's done!! Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7

[Linked Image]

blush

You've heard of cow tipping haven't ya...

Rumor has it Travis was seen coming in from behind to do the deed........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tzone
The North Shore? That's where all the liberals go on vacation. laugh

I learned that the hard way. I felt like a fish out of water. I dont think I saw more than 1 or 2 people wearing camo the whole week. I can see that here in a walk to my mailbox.

Lotsa Priuses and Subarus. Tzone would have fit right in with his! eek whistle grin

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Why do you wear camo to your mailbox? What are you hiding from? Trying to sneak around and find out where the wife put the man card?

I'm not sure what priuses or a subarus is. Is that some sort of commie speak?

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't think I own any camo.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I think all mine is in a turkey hunting bin.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, I suppose if I turkey hunted, or duck-goose... or archery...

No time though.

I figure a person only has so much time through the seasons. Being part gear head, part fisherman, part hunter, I have things chunked up into categories that fill my year.

All kidding aside, north shore is beautiful. I love going up there.

I don't know much about camo, but I also don't know much about prius or yandabishi's or what ever. I'd be the guy in flip flops with an ugly "dad shirt", a primo sandal tan and I'd probably be driving something like this:

[Linked Image]

North shore has it's "hippies" grin, what ever, I don't care. I've never had one try to hold me down and force me to do hippie stuff or follow me around preaching to me about how I should be. I'm pretty tolerant anyways, not a whole bunch bothers me unless it's messing up my plans or screwing with my family. I go up there for the same thing everybody else does, cool scenery. Amazing feats of nature.

Dang, now I want to go. lol

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I seriously need to get up there. Born and raised in MN and I've never been to Duluth. blush

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I seriously need to get up there. Born and raised in MN and I've never been to Duluth. blush

What? How is that possible?

The both shore has some of the best bird hunting in the country if you ask me.(grouse) that and the areas to the west of it, up though Ely.

Teasing BM aside, it's tough to find a more beautiful place in the USA in the spring and fall season. There is a pretty good pile of people road hunting from minivans and whatever it was BM was talking about.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sure Tom, you would recognize a Prius and a Suburu if you seen one. Just go look in your garage! whistle

The Devils Kettle is really cool. How that happened just blows my mind. For those of you who havent seen it, a river goes over a waterfall and as it does it splits in 2. The one side continues down the river and the other half disappears down a big hole never to be seen again.

We did see a few cars like that up there, but not many. Also saw some asshat on a really loud motorcycle come into our campground about 11 pm and start yelling and swearing and revving it up to wake up the whole campground because there were no spots left.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The only stuff in my garage is dust, tools, furniture, and a boat. But if that helps you sleep at night...you put on your camo pj's and have at it.

This kettles are cool and completely perplexing. Kinda like the mud pits in Yellowstone. I'll never understand them, but I'll appreciate them.

A campground? Whats that?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I think they have dumped die and also things like ping pong balls down the hole at devils kettle to try and locate a possible outlet on the lake side or elsewhere but I don't think they have figured it out yet.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's cool that nobody knows where it comes out. There are a few in Kettle River that I know of as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We made a trip to the Kettle Falls Inn up on the Kabetogama\Namakin chain one time. Neat old hotel, only accessable by water. The floor has settled so much over the years, that they have everything in there propped up on one side to keep it level, including the pool table. The old flooring still has the dents in it from the studs on logger's boots.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,604 of 1,842 1 2 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 37 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,048
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.