Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Are you talking about Ontario? I never heard anything like that.

According to OPSEU, their union, there are about 180 COs for the entire province. I haven't heard of anything like ticketing from the air. I have heard that they do aerial surveys for animal migration and tagging though. Given our funding situation, I don't think it would pay for them to do enforcement unless they go out with the OPP.

COs - OPSEU

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
As I said, don’t question the narrative

Shutting down is EXACTLY the right thing to do. Look how well it’s worked for the past 12 months 🤫.( sarcasm 😀)

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I guess an alternative would be to carry on as if nothing is happening, though I am not sure many would go that far.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They occasionally do enforcement from the air hereabouts—it depends on how much flight time they have left in the budget after fire suppression. They certainty aren’t doing it this time of year. CO’s do enforcement of Game and Fish Act and Tresspassing Act. OPP travel with them frequently to enforce Liquor Laws.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One thing almost everyone can agree on is that if you don’t go around people carrying the virus, you won’t get it. That’s my working plan. So far, so good. Masks and even the shot can help, but nothing beats good old self-isolation, for those of us who are able.

No doubt, that will be declared racist; White Privilege at least.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kkahmann
They occasionally do enforcement from the air hereabouts—it depends on how much flight time they have left in the budget after fire suppression. They certainty aren’t doing it this time of year. CO’s do enforcement of Game and Fish Act and Tresspassing Act. OPP travel with them frequently to enforce Liquor Laws.

It makes sense that they would get as much time with the OPP as they can manage. They do it on the ground a lot during hunting season. Pairing up to keep an eye on both wildlife and highway infractions.

Originally Posted by Pappy348
One thing almost everyone can agree on is that if you don’t go around people carrying the virus, you won’t get it. That’s my working plan. So far, so good. Masks and even the shot can help, but nothing beats good old self-isolation, for those of us who are able.

I agree. You cannot catch it unless you expose yourself. I said to my wife yesterday that I was glad we never lived in a populated area. I cannot imagine living in a city. When you are crowded in with others, something's bound to happen.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I grew up near D.C. Later, I worked in town for a few years, spending time in Gummint buildings like the new NASA and Ag buildings and even a bit in the Pentagon. Great experience, but live there? No way, Jose!

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Pappy348

No doubt, that will be declared racist; White Privilege at least.

Agreed , most of it is common sense....which is not common 😉

Having said that not everyone can, for many reasons. Or want to for long

Agreed , living in a city , especially the past year, would be unbearable

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I think anyone with an IQ two points above plant life realizes by now that masks and lockdowns havent worked. There are a few places on the planet that did neither, and are doing as well or better than places that have.

The funny thing is when you come into the country you are required to take 3-covid tests. A good friend just went through it. They tell you when they give you the tests that a high number of them come back as a false positive. You are then informed that if that happens, you wont be allowed to self isolate at home. You are then required to go to a Government facility.....you know those great places Tucker Carlson talked about a week or so back.....

Anyway its just amazing to me how stupid some people are. They just dont have the critical thinking skills required to see that it doesnt make sense. In my experience most of these people have a long history of government employment so maybe they lost the ability to think for themselves??

The government is telling people that enter the country that the tests give a high number of false positives....yet when they get in front of a camera they talk about "cases" and tests like they are gospel. They are making decisions that are bankrupting businesses based on information they are getting from tests they know are faulty. Anyone should be smart enough to realize that if the tests are that inaccurate we, or the government, or the doctors have no idea how many people have covid. Its an impossibility.

As for the OP question.....yes Ontario is absolutely shooting itself in the foot.( as are many other parts of Canada) Dont believe me, talk to some of the bigger booking agents. I have.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Blaming certain groups of people for keeping this pandemic going doesn’t make sense to me. The reason it doesn’t make sense to me is because I’ve been lucky enough to keep working through all of this. Added protocols at work like mask wearing if closer than 6’ to others and answering an online symptom questionnaire daily. These things don’t stop people from sharing air at work everyday. The same people that wear masks when working side by side, still all sit together in lunchrooms eating food and drinking coffee without masks. Myself, wife, two sons, brother, etc, etc, etc,,, all still go to work 40+ hours a week with the same types of situations.
The reality is there are a lot of people in this country that still go to work and work with lots of other people. What would be the economic consequences if we didn’t?
According to some, I could be considered irresponsible if I socialize with anyone outside my household, but I can go to work where there are 100’s of employees and share air everyday.
The people I know that support all the control measures and like to blame groups of people for the pandemic, are either working from home and not losing any of their income or they are already on a fixed income and sitting at home staring at the TV.
How can you logically blame a group of people if you are also aware of all the essential work that is still going on.

Last edited by mod7rem; 04/03/21.
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve been lucky enough to be paid full wage to sit at home for the last year. I’m still getting work done, but normally I’m on the road 3 days a week. I’m going a bit stir-crazy here and, despite the full wage, it still affects my income because of other perks I get.

I’d happily go out on the road and simply avoid the hot spots, basically the whole Greater Toronto Area (GTA). There’s still a whole lot of Ontario that isn’t those two places. I’ve had the same thoughts since last April.

Plus, I live in a small city that has minuscule Covid numbers compared to the GTA, so my risk of taking it along with me is also minuscule.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mod7rem
Blaming certain groups of people for keeping this pandemic going doesn’t make sense to me. The reason it doesn’t make sense to me is because I’ve been lucky enough to keep working through all of this. Added protocols at work like mask wearing if closer than 6’ to others and answering an online symptom questionnaire daily. These things don’t stop people from sharing air at work everyday. The same people that wear masks when working side by side, still all sit together in lunchrooms eating food and drinking coffee without masks. Myself, wife, two sons, brother, etc, etc, etc,,, all still go to work 40+ hours a week with the same types of situations.
The reality is there are a lot of people in this country that still go to work and work with lots of other people. What would be the economic consequences if we didn’t?
According to some, I could be considered irresponsible if I socialize with anyone outside my household, but I can go to work where there are 100’s of employees and share air everyday.
The people I know that support all the control measures and like to blame groups of people for the pandemic, are either working from home and not losing any of their income or they are already on a fixed income and sitting at home staring at the TV.
How can you logically blame a group of people if you are also aware of all the essential work that is still going on.

The so called outbreak that has everyone panicking is in Surrey, figure it out.

That really isn't the point, its the lumping a massive area like the entire Province into lockdown because of an outbreak on the Coast, mainly Surrey. Lock the Coast down.
You don't see the logic there?

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by mod7rem

The so called outbreak that has everyone panicking is in Surrey, figure it out.

That really isn't the point, its the lumping a massive area like the entire Province into lockdown because of an outbreak on the Coast, mainly Surrey. Lock the Coast down.
You don't see the logic there?

I do see the logic there. Try to isolate specific outbreaks makes sense to me.
I guess my point wasn’t clear. What I meant by my post is Canada wide with people assuming that the pandemic is ongoing because of people being selfish or irresponsible and not following protocols. There are still cases happening through work sites where protocols are in place. It’s impossible for the country to still function and not have people share air in the process.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What do you think, Paul, and anyone else?

Ontario shooting itself in the foot?

I don't think so. If Ontario was the only place that was facing a third wave, then I would consider it, but it is happening almost everywhere.

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..Approximatelt 35% of Canada's entire population is located in a small area there.

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on.

Sadly, some factions are blaming Premier Ford. Some say he's not doing enough. That's COVID fatigue talking IMO. He has repeatedly said he is following what the medical people are telling him.

So it goes with the rest of the world. COVID continues in the US, Europe and Asia.

If you want a conspiracy theory, here's one: COVID was the Illuminati's plan to reduce the numbers of people, weaken smaller competitors and make more money for the big guys. The anti-vaccers are making the Illuminati crowd rich! laugh

Steve. Honest question here. Have you taken haz mat responder classes?

And are you aware that SARs has been around a lot longer than 2019/2020 and that covid 19 is a form of SARs?

Last edited by rost495; 04/03/21.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The problem with isolated lockdowns is that the people from GTA leave and go to the rest of the province - cottage country, Niagara, Stratford, and spread it to those places.

I know when they relaxed the first lockdown they were doing that. I know one restaurant owner in Stratford who made people do online reservations to prove they were local. Then he’d check DL and if they were from Toronto he threw them out - nicely, but he threw them out.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Much is the fault of the governernts themselves. Many ,many times, the politicans get caught breaking their own rules. It tells me, that they are so arrogant that they condemn others what they do themselves, or they know its fake. Several on the states side have been caught with these comments while not knowing the cameras were running. If they would tell the truth there would not be so much distrust. They make us lockdown , and some have lost a life time trying to build a business, while I have yet to hear of a government worker loose a single paycheck. Not one . Teachers in Milwaukee still have not gone back but still get the same check. Anti depression meds were up 800% las summer. Suicides have been way up, domestic violence , alcohol, drug overdoses, and kids doing very poor in school . Milwaukee last year had a 92% increase in murder, and all the while , I cant figure out how it is any different than the SARS, Swine, Bird, and many other " pandemic". We didnt shut down anything at all in those cases. SWINE flu 12 yrs ago hit the kids more than anyone. The didnt even shut schools down, just made then stay home for 2 weeks. No mask, no business closing, no schools, and our church even had Sunday School every Sunday. We NEVER acted like this in ANY other pandemic. Why this one???? We had 60.8 million cases of the Swine Flu is the United States, that is twice as high as C19. .. ... .. ..... .. ...... .................... . . ......................... . . . . . And why is is called something much different than a flu this time????? In the end , there is not a single person that will not be exposed to C19. Not one. If you dont get it, it is cause your body is healthy enough to fight it off. There is no way to stop a virus. They are as small as 4 nanoometers. There are 25,400,000 nannometers in an inch. Most viruses are 1 millionth of an inch. It will go right through a mask. A respirator that stops asbestos will likely work but I never saw anyone wear one . A virus is so small , it can get in your eye lid when you blink, but noone is wearing goggles . If a mask really does stop C19, then why is there not a bio hazard box for them?, and why do I so so many masks laying all over the parking lot if there is a virus in it ? They should be arrested if they do that , shouldnt they?? /.. .... .. ..... .. . . And if it is so deadly, why do we go to the grocery store, and let shoppers , that no doubt are carrying the " deadly virus"?? They take food off the shelves, look at it and put it back on the shelves!!!! !!!!! Then they take their 20 cans and cereal boxes that they contaminated with the " deadly " virus, just to have the checkout girls put their hand on it while they swipe all the contaminated boxes and cans. !!!!! !!!!! . Then , with the checkout girls hiding behind a piece of plexi glass is told she is safe !! Just to have the checkout girls contaminate the next shopper with the virus on her hands and contaminatinf every product she touches all day long , going into hundreds of houses all over town.... ... But everyone is wearing a mask and cant figure out how this virus keeps getting around. If this really was a deadly virus, we can all agree , that the CDC , World Health Organization , every health department , failed so miserable that that are not to EVER BE TRUSTED AGAIN!!! A dear friend works in a health clinic. My friend saw some of the most discusting things they ever saw. Took calls of people that really were sick. Chest pains, dizziness, and many other problems that no doubt could turn into heart attacks, strokes, perhaps signs of cancer ETC. just to tell them they cant come in , and the doctors office was half empty cause they were waiting for this influx of Covid pandemic patience that never showed up. How many died because of that??? To make matters worse , that friend always got a 2% raise every year. Last year that friend got a 13% raise. Where did that money come from???? You know it was from the gov. giving money to them for every covid person... What else could it have been from???? I dont believe a thing the governemnt says about it. They are lying about whatever they need to lie about to cover themselves. In the end ,, the cure will be far worse than the disease...

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
And I know the last post was long. However , the vaccine is likely not going to do much cause after 2 yrs ,it is ,mixing on with other strains of viruses that have been floating around for years. That is why the flu shot is only 50% effective. .... .. . ... . And if the mask does stop a c19 virus cell, then stop touching your mask every 2 minutes. Your putting a virus on your hands and rubbing your eye lid too. I never saw anyone spray a door knob in a public rest room , and when they do , they spray it with a disinfectant . A disinfectant many times does not kill a virus. It kills germs, not viruses!! A farmer buddy I knew had calves dying so they sprayed disinfectant in the barn. The calves kept dying. They call a vet and the vet said it is a virus. They sprayed for viruses and the problem stopped after that. This CDC , WHO, Health departments , and governemnt agencies dont know what they are doing . They are clueless , or the whole thing is a scam.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Also
, masks can give you lung infections to make maters worse. I am done now. Have a great Easter !!! He has risen, death has lost it's victory and the grave has been denied!!!!

Last edited by ihookem; 04/03/21.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rost495

I don't think so. If Ontario was the only place that was facing a third wave, then I would consider it, but it is happening almost everywhere.

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..Approximatelt 35% of Canada's entire population is located in a small area there.

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on.

Sadly, some factions are blaming Premier Ford. Some say he's not doing enough. That's COVID fatigue talking IMO. He has repeatedly said he is following what the medical people are telling him.

So it goes with the rest of the world. COVID continues in the US, Europe and Asia.

If you want a conspiracy theory, here's one: COVID was the Illuminati's plan to reduce the numbers of people, weaken smaller competitors and make more money for the big guys. The anti-vaccers are making the Illuminati crowd rich! laugh

And are you aware that SARs has been around a lot longer than 2019/2020 and that covid 19 is a form of SARs?

Yes to both, when I was still in uniform and as a civilian weapons instructor.

I do not consider much of what I read on this site to be of value. The reason is that no one is qualified to speak definitively about the matter.

In short, most love to proselytize, but no one is credentialled.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rost495

Yes to both, when I was still in uniform and as a civilian weapons instructor.

I do not consider much of what I read on this site to be of value. The reason is that no one is qualified to speak definitively about the matter.

In short, most love to proselytize, but no one is credentialled.

Does this mean you come on this site to just share your own opinion?

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on

I shared my opinion that part of the reason this virus is going to keep spreading is that there’s millions of people in this country that still go to work everyday.

Premier Horgan made a comment this week telling 20-39 year old people in BC to “not blow this for the rest of us”. Does he think 20-39 year olds don’t go to work and can only catch or spread a virus by being irresponsible?
He got hammered pretty hard, deservedly, and walked it back.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 21, 60 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.