Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by johnw
I wanna say a few hours is enough with the guys I'd hang out with...

The reason i hung out with the old guys Big John, i knew the pecker heads my age didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, just like i didn't, i'm damn near 60 and now all my old Buds are dying, it sucks man!

I understand that. I'm 70, and a lot of my old Buds are already dead. I miss them a lot.

Yes Sir CaribouJack, another damn bonus of us being North of the grass huh? plus, the talent, professionalism and patriotism, those old Guys take with them when they leave this spinning rock, only to be replaced by spoiled, entitled obese little land walruses on the lower end, it aint going to gin out in the country's favor Sir, only a matter of time before this big bitch implodes. smile

Trump Won!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I've never really understood a "man's night out" or "man trip". That's a tuesday evening, or sunday afternoon lol. Some guys NEVER do anything without their old lady. Good for them lol. Nothing says insecurity like "if my wife isn't welcome then I won't come."

I love and respect my wife and kids, and part of having a happy home is a happy mom and dad. Men are benefited by being around other men. Should be a part of life no? Why make it a special thing?

Brokeback toboggan

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Fireballz gonna start a thread about finding his long lost only friend ever.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several wives hated me but it wasn't my fault their guy didn't come home for days, but it was easier to blame me and forgive him,
Good times, great memories,,, laffin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by efw
Going backpacking with a college buddy of mine in May. Haven’t seen him in about a decade and he lives on the Wis/Min line so we’re meeting in the western UP which is roughly equidistant. 5 nights and 4 days on the trail in some of the most remote country in Michigan.

Can’t wait.

I used to do the backpacking thing on portions of the A-T and side trails, coordinated loops, 3-5 days.

Was 3, sometimes 4 of us.

One guy was habitual ill-planner. He would take a loaf of bread and some peanut butter, some ramen.
No water filter, hump a gallon of water. He was great at car stereo installation and window tinting but that was it. He was miserable to be around. lol

Constant, pitiful mooch. Have to filter him some water so he could make himself some ‘crystal light’.

Bumming whiskey, bumming cigars. Bumming food, couldn’t hardly get gas money out of him. laugh

Originally Posted by efw
Going backpacking with a college buddy of mine in May. Haven’t seen him in about a decade and he lives on the Wis/Min line so we’re meeting in the western UP which is roughly equidistant. 5 nights and 4 days on the trail in some of the most remote country in Michigan.

Can’t wait.

I used to do the backpacking thing on portions of the A-T and side trails, coordinated loops, 3-5 days.

One guy was habitual ill-planner. He would take a loaf of bread and some peanut butter, some ramen.
No water filter, hump a gallon of water. He was great at car stereo installation and window tinting but that was it. He was miserable to be around. lol

Constant, pitiful mooch. Have to filter him some water so he could make himself some ‘crystal light’.

Bumming whiskey, bumming cigars. Bumming food, couldn’t hardly get gas money out of him. laugh

Originally Posted by efw

Can’t wait.

Originally Posted by efw

Can’t wait.

Originally Posted by efw

Can’t wait.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holy smokes dude, you needed to quote slummy 5x ?

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Wp75169
We go once a year to the coast. Rent the same house that’s built out into the gulf so you can fish off the deck. Some little fishing happens, mostly drinking, eating, drinking, laughing, drinking and occasional we will have a drink. We’re coworkers the rest of the year. We actually usually do pretty well during the Bull red run. Nothin like catching a 30-40 pound fish from the second story deck of the house. I guess that’s a fishing trip but that’s not even close to the good meals and laughs we have.

Where on the coast?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Absolutely and I did so with particular emphasis. Or, banging away on a TV remote using an antiquated Silk browser in a dimly lit basement lounge half in the bag might be a contributing few factors. Now kindly piss off, if you would, there's a good lad...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do an annual fishing trip with the boys. But also when BIL was alive he had "opening Fishing" at the cabin. Playng cards, eating, smokin cigars, make a bar run one day. Leave the boat at home no fishin involved

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Me and my son get together with some other guys and go 4-wheeling on utv's. Head up to WV or down SC way and hit the trails. Mud, dust and rock crawling for weekend. Always a good time. Usually camp but sometimes rent cabins. Good food and drink in the evenings. My wife and I have been converting a cargo trailer into a toy hauler/camper so we can do the same.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That's a great scene from the Deer Hunter.

This, is this. You ain't getting my extra boots....lol.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Other than going hunting or fishing, I've never just took off and did anything with the guys. (Not that I want to do much else.) The Movie "Bachelor Party" comes to mind.

Some of my customers are on a "boy's night out" kinda deal and it makes me think.

I go fishing to.....waaaait for it.......fish and catch fish. I don't go to eat, drink, and necessarily socialize. My best fishing partners are those that share the same goals. I can also have a fine time fishing by myself.

My best pal in the whole world whom I love and occasionally take fishing yammers constantly about the wife, kids, job, etc while we are fishing. Drives me a little crazy!

I have been on a couple of those "boys days out" trips with a guide. I guess I was the quiet, anti-social guy, but actually I was trying to catch some fish!

I guess what I am trying to say is that fishing is important. We can do that other BS anytime! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Ever been in a Turkish prison??

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I used to hang with a group of fellows that enjoyed these 'man trips'. I rarely go anymore, because it's turned into, or perhaps always was, just an excuse to get stinking drunk. I got tired of being the only sober fellow there. The one that always drove the boat back home, fixed the meals or tended the fire. I like a drink as much as the next fellow, but just not as much of it at a sitting.

Sam......

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Wp75169
We go once a year to the coast. Rent the same house that’s built out into the gulf so you can fish off the deck. Some little fishing happens, mostly drinking, eating, drinking, laughing, drinking and occasional we will have a drink. We’re coworkers the rest of the year. We actually usually do pretty well during the Bull red run. Nothin like catching a 30-40 pound fish from the second story deck of the house. I guess that’s a fishing trip but that’s not even close to the good meals and laughs we have.

Where on the coast?

San Luis Pass

Trying to figure out how to add pictures but so far my files are too big.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

Can’t wait.

Oh yeah man these longer trips can make or break a friendship for sure! I don’t ever backpack either anyone I don’t know well and trust to pull their own weight. Last thing I want is to have to bury a body in the backcountry.

I will say that the enjoyment I get from these trips is different from that of a hunting or fishing trip because the point is just being there together and little more rather than filling tags or coolers. For me it turns the entire trip into the relaxing and leisurely time hunting and fishing allow at sunrise and over campfires.

Keeps me in shape for hunting & fishing too...

The comment made earlier by someone about how important regular guy time is resonates with me. I go out for day hikes, breakfasts, dinners, fishing evenings, local hunts, group chore times, etc with guys at least 5-10x/month. I keep a core group go a few guys real close by and make clear to them that if I’m doing something stupid they have the responsibility to tell em so even if it pisses me off.

I need friends who want better for me than I am willing to settle for. This is something I’ve pounded into my kids too. I can’t imagine the errors I’d have maintained if I hadn’t had guys around who’d set me straight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every year for 30 plus years A friend hold a men only trout party on opener of trout season. Never been a fishing pole there ever.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dozens and dozens. When we were young we killed it, now we just talk about how we used to kill it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Plenty of "Man Trips" on the planet during the 2nd chapter of my life.
3rd and final chapter now.

Slumlord, my kid brother from another mother.
We do alot of stuff together.
Sometimes 3 or 4 weeks can go by and we dont do things.
Sometimes we have had some bad incidents in our friendship breaking down for months to a little over a year.
Schit that would 100% destroy a friendship for others.
But we always gravitate back to each other, let the schit be water under the bridge and our friendship gains from it actually.
Cause I think neither of us can really find a freind that either of us trust or up to the standards we both have.
It's Hard to explain....

We do alot of favors for each other.
Not out of obligation, but outta the sense of helping each other.
Only a phone call away.

I'm a hard person to make friends with.
Even harder person to get to bleed out schitt in my noggin.
Slumlord has heard things I have done.
Things I wont tell anyone else.
The man has seen me cry....
That says something to me.

Cold hard to the point discussion about anything between me and him.

It's what real friends do.

Not this outer orbit of acquaintance stuff some call friends.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Absolutely and I did so with particular emphasis. Or, banging away on a TV remote using an antiquated Silk browser in a dimly lit basement lounge half in the bag might be a contributing few factors. Now kindly piss off, if you would, there's a good lad...

Thanks bro

😀

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,702
Posts18,494,272
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.