Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
TW200 , especially if you won't be riding much highway during that 50% street riding .

The bigger the engine the bigger and louder it will be .

The 250 honda or Suzuki that JeffA pictured would be great also .

I'm 6-3'' 205 and a TW200 is fine for me , many people replace the pegs with bigger units .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I bought a used 2017 Honda CRF 250L Rally. I am enjoying it a lot, but will upgrade the suspension and add a rear rack.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stammster

I hunt off mine at the ranch, and also plated to be street legal. No need for a scabbard, just cross sling your rifle over you back. My hunting buddies think I look like Mexican Cartel member.

I have ridden dirt bikes some, way back when. I confess to having fallen down more that once. I would not want to be falling down with a rifle strapped on my back. Just me.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stammster
Find a Suzuki DR350 if you can. They stopped making them in 1999. I’m 6’, 240 and it’s still a big bike.

I hunt off mine at the ranch, and also plated to be street legal. No need for a scabbard, just cross sling your rifle over you back. My hunting buddies think I look like Mexican Cartel member.

The seat makes a nice shooting rest. I’ve shot numerous deer and hogs off it.

You have to call in a cleanup crew (quad or truck), unless you shoot something small and then you can drape it over your lap.

I have a drz 400 and love it for trail riding, and use it to access some mountain grouse and bear. Actually looking for a Honda fat cat now. Tough to find

Last edited by ribka; 05/09/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
You gonna need a sidecar.......

If you hit something...

Personally getting into a blind is probably the optimum application for an electric mountain bike or motorcycle... Getting game out?
A collapsible two wheel cart ? Towed behind?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
I bought a used 2017 Honda CRF 250L Rally. I am enjoying it a lot, but will upgrade the suspension and add a rear rack.

Excellent choice!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
My tw200 is loud as hell!

Way louder than my 650.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My tw200 is loud as hell!

Way louder than my 650.

Put the exhaust pipe back on it .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Honda and Kawasaki are now making a 300. I understand it is very similar to their 250's just a few more CC's. The bad part is they are on a boat somewhere between here and Thailand.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
Honda and Kawasaki are now making a 300. I understand it is very similar to their 250's just a few more CC's. The bad part is they are on a boat somewhere between here and Thailand.

kwg

The import tax was overwhelming when I was looking to buy new.

So I bought nearly new...

They don't include the tax in the advertised prices.

For the under 4 grand new Suzuki I was intrested in the import tax was a additional $1500.00.

Not surprised to see the OP bought a recently new bike.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good looking bike. You can't go wrong buying a Honda.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

The import tax was overwhelming when I was looking to buy new.

So I bought nearly new...

They don't include the tax in the advertised prices.

For the under 4 grand new Suzuki I was intrested in the import tax was a additional $1500.00.

Not surprised to see the OP bought a recently new bike.

Yep. Found a couple “great deals” on a Honda recon for my son. Then dealer disclosed out the door price which was $2,000 higher.
They apparently don’t include the cost of “origination” or “assembly”
In the advertised prices any longer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Yep. Found a couple “great deals” on a Honda recon for my son. Then dealer disclosed out the door price which was $2,000 higher.
They apparently don’t include the cost of “origination” or “assembly”
In the advertised prices any longer.

All the dealers are doing the same.

It cost them a sell with me.
I spent a lot of time researching and making mental note of prices.

A couple months go by and I completely had my head wrapped around the advertised price.

When they hit me with the additional costs it threw me.

I went out and found a low mileage used bike that cost a little less than what they'd advertised a new bike to be.

If I'd started out knowing what the real out the door price was going to be I very well may have been more prepared to pay it.

Just getting hit with it when you finally go out to buy makes it seem like a gouge.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a KLR 650 that I'm using for 50/50 road and hunting.

I'm 6'7" and it's plenty big enough. Have a couple detachable side boxes that will hold a boned out deer. Can strap my pack to the rear rack and wear rifle/bow on my back.

No real rough terrain for me, but this one should handle it as long as it's not too technical.

Only pic I have at the moment.

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great choice. Will probably pick you up next season.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Not knowing much about motorcycles, I had to research them a lot. I had it narrowed down to about 3 different bikes. Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda. Since I haven't rode in years, I felt the need to get back into the swing, not start again on too big of bike (for my experience level). This bike is supposed to be very low maintenance. And dependable with fuel injection.I plan on riding in areas 4-6000 ft elevation. Supposed to get approx 70+ MPG

Bikes are shooting up in price and seem to be getting harder to get now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mind is I ask, what you had to give for it and how many miles it had on it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
Not knowing much about motorcycles, I had to research them a lot. I had it narrowed down to about 3 different bikes. Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda. Since I haven't rode in years, I felt the need to get back into the swing, not start again on too big of bike (for my experience level). This bike is supposed to be very low maintenance. And dependable with fuel injection.I plan on riding in areas 4-6000 ft elevation. Supposed to get approx 70+ MPG

Bikes are shooting up in price and seem to be getting harder to get now.

I think you got the right bike and I’m looking at the same for similar but slightly different work

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Jeff, it had about 450 miles on it and I gave $4500 for it

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
If you huntin in south central LA, a goldwing is the best choice.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,666
Posts18,474,725
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.