Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
3584ELK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
$95 effing dollars for the grand privilege of applying for preference points in the CO Big Game Draw.

Not that it matters, but I recall paying $13 for an elk tag and $25 for a non-resident small game license.

Pizz on these jack wagons, next year I am drawing out on all preference points, going hunting in converted Kalifornia for the last time, and turning my back on New Kalifornia.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
$95 effing dollars for the grand privilege of applying for preference points in the CO Big Game Draw.

Not that it matters, but I recall paying $13 for an elk tag and $25 for a non-resident small game license.

Pizz on these jack wagons, next year I am drawing out on all preference points, going hunting in converted Kalifornia for the last time, and turning my back on New Kalifornia.

I believe that it’s still 50$ in Wyoming.

None of this will get any cheaper. It’ll only get more expensive and harder to get drawn.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

CPW ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They'll blame it on financial hardships from the Chinese Plague, AKA Covid. It's the new, all purpose excuse to get their hands even further into your wallet.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I quit all that after I discovered all four of the Trophy Draw Hunt winners for a particular year were from out of state. Never again.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My hunting partners are of the opinion that out of state hunters stand a better chance of drawing a license than residents. Higher tag prices for out of state people for the same amount of harvested game. It's all about the money.

Yeah.....Colorado is a mess.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I agree with your partners. I'm hearing the ranchers killed the bill that would of changed that.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dess
My hunting partners are of the opinion that out of state hunters stand a better chance of drawing a license than residents. Higher tag prices for out of state people for the same amount of harvested game. It's all about the money.

Yeah.....Colorado is a mess.

Especially with the added monies from, say, a group application of 5 hunters.

3584ELK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

CPW ?

Colorado Parks & Wildlife= the highway robbery agency pimping hunting licenses.

Last edited by 3584ELK; 04/04/21.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

CPW ?

Colorado Parks & Wildlife= the highway robbery agency pimping hunting licenses.

I think most folks remember it as the CDOW.

IC B3

3584ELK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 22250rem
They'll blame it on financial hardships from the Chinese Plague, AKA Covid. It's the new, all purpose excuse to get their hands even further into your wallet.

That's a fact. FWIW, I am not bragging up WA state by any means- it is a disaster as well. In my opinion, the only state worth the effort is WY.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew up in CO. 5th generation native but after retiring from the USN work took me to TX. Right now I am sitting on 23 points for elk, 18 for deer, 15 for bear, 3+11 for moose, 3+14 for sheep, 5 for antelope and 3 for Mtn Goat. I don't even bother applying any longer. I have no use for the small game license they make me buy just to apply.. Add the cost for a non-res small game license and the habitat stamp and I've got $100 blown before I can apply for a single tag and they they charge $9 per entry. It used to cost $3 for an application. If they gave me the option of a non-res fishing license instead of a small game license as the so called qualifying license I'd still play the game since I would use the fishing license. But that isn't an option.

I called them last year to find out why it wasn't an option and the "genius" on the phone said they wanted to keep fishing licenses and hunting licenses separate. But when I asked him to explain how that can be when they give a "bonus" fishing license to every non-res big game tag, all I got was silence. I then asked why people that visit the parks in the state are not required to buy the habitat stamp and all the other stuff like search and rescue like the hunters are, the "genius" hung up on me.

CO was a great place to grow up when I was born there in 1963. But I would not live there now and I will not hunt there again.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Supporting the state parks takes a lot of money. Pay up, hunters!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It was that way last year. Have to buy a small game license before you can apply for big game tag.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RyanTX
It was that way last year. Have to buy a small game license before you can apply for big game tag.

only one way to put a stop to this crap and everyone knows what it is.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I already know it'll never happen.

.... like tears in the rain
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I feel your pain..

Please stop applying for your own well being! LOL!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's only going to get worse. Just wait until CDOW has to start managing the newly important wolves.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Growing up in Colorado, I do remember when the first deer license was $7.50, the second was $5.00 and you got a free third deer tag with the second license. Things will never be like that, again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I miss the Sportsman's license......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is the 2nd time they have had to merge the parks department into division of wildlife. The parks department can't seem to figure out how to keep out of the red, so when they go bankrupt they fold parks into wildlife again. Had three buddies who were officers that quit because they had parks ninnys suddenly supervising them, since they had seniority from the other side. Non LEO supervisors trying to tell them how to do their job and telling them they had to write tickets on everything and everyone so they could bail out parks. Now we have new rules, new websites, new seasons structure and more expensive. Thats what happens when the parks granolas get in there and muck it up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 24 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.