Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cra1948
Too bad it's not a S&/W.... then you'd really have something....:)

Something of less quality and value? concur...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by GunGeek
UNTURNED
Owning a firearm you never intend to shoot just seems weird to me. But that's one hell of a find for sure...those don't grow on trees. I'm a big fan of the Mk III's.

Never said I didn't intend to shoot it. but, if one know what he's doing, finding unfired guns as an investment works for me, Recently I turned a good profit on an unfired Pythion.

You sold that Python?

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
UNTURNED
Owning a firearm you never intend to shoot just seems weird to me. But that's one hell of a find for sure...those don't grow on trees. I'm a big fan of the Mk III's.

Never said I didn't intend to shoot it. but, if one know what he's doing, finding unfired guns as an investment works for me, Recently I turned a good profit on an unfired Pythion.

You sold that Python?

Yes. Didn't "sing" to me. Currently eyeballing a 4" that I can shoot

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I totally get that!!!

About 15 years ago I had a blued 6" Python that was in perfect condition. It was smooth, wicked accurate and good looking... Did nothing for me; just couldn't get into it.

Cut to a couple of years ago...
A friend puts a 4" Nickel Python in my hand, and the tuning fork just rung in my loins!!! I can't shoot this one enough.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some nice Colt’s pictured here. Thanks guys.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sometimes, they just appear. smile

Congrats, jorge!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yes, congrats to all of you.

local_dirt, is this your first 44 Magnum and the reason you recently asked for 44 Magnum ammo in gun shop where they asked you for your family tree?

Elmer Keith
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very nice!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sometimes, they just appear. smile

Congrats, jorge!

Yes, congrats to all of you.

local_dirt, is this your first 44 Magnum and the reason you recently asked for 44 Magnum ammo in gun shop where they asked you for your family tree?

Yes. Correct.. and correct.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
UNTURNED

You sold that Python?

Preferences are preferences. Personally, neither the 2 1/2" nor 4" versions interest me. If I hit the Powerball tonight, I'd get a 6" version. Possibly an 8". I've owned both 4" and 8" versions before and possibly there was a 6 incher in there I've forgotten about. But for just shooting purposes, give me the longer barreled versions.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Wow!!

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice one!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn, that's nice Jorge, my old first gen 4" blue Trooper didn't come with the box, but did come with a set of custom moose antler grips and no turn line, ENJOY!

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I totally get that!!!

About 15 years ago I had a blued 6" Python that was in perfect condition. It was smooth, wicked accurate and good looking... Did nothing for me; just couldn't get into it.

Cut to a couple of years ago...
A friend puts a 4" Nickel Python in my hand, and the tuning fork just rung in my loins!!! I can't shoot this one enough.

[Linked Image]

There's something about a four inch Colt E & I frame (essentially the same frame with small differences) revolver that appeals to me, as well. I have two: a four inch Official Police and a four inch Model 357. For some reason, on the range, they both seem like natural extensions of my hand, and I can just very easy put holes where I want them during double action fire.

I've owned three Pythons at various times in the past, but never a four incher, which is what I've always wanted. I had the snubby, the six inch, and the eight inch. Of those, I liked the snubby best, but eventually gave into the crazy rising prices on them, and sold it at a huge profit. Still have the Model 357 and an Official Police.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There's an "as-new" 4" nickeled Trooper MkIII down the road from me right now, it looks just plain spotless. He wants too much for it, IMHO, but he'll probably get it, he just sold a 6" Highway Patrolman (in likewise cherry condition) for $950. He wouldn't budge on the price of the M28, because I tried..............

I did find an Official Police in .22LR this morning at another shop, but the price was right at $1000, and the condition did NOT warrant the high price, either. It was a 6", and looked okay for it's age, but it was pretty well worn. I didn't want it that badly.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 1,512 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,397
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.