-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A big THANKS to everyone who has inquired about my recovery. The knee is still a little stiff, a little shaky, and weak. The rod in my leg feels like it is a different temperature than the muscle around it, hotter or cooler. The surgeon says that it is all in my head, maybe it is, but my head tells me that it feels hotter or cooler.

I am off crutches and can get up and down stairs without someone to spot me, so I'm going to follow up with the PMs that are still unresolved.

Jeff in Omaha

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by kandpand
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by kandpand
I would love to find a stainless XS7S or XL7S

I have a few extras that I bought as donors, but probably won't ever get around to using for that purpose.

When I get back on my feet, I'll PM you with the particulars.

Thanks that would be great. Praying for your recovery.

I am glad that you are getting back on your feet.

If you come across one of those extra Marlin XS7S stainless rifles let me know. I would love to have one.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
anybody had any issues with firing pin problems in any of the Marlin bolt actions. Have an xs7 in 308 shot one round then next one went click...could see where it dented primer but was light. Any help please

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I bought a Marlin SS 270 from an old friend I helped get started as a dealer from back when I repped for a Dallas based wholesaler 20 years earlier. I had just bought a blue nib Marlin 270 for $250 that morning from a guy cleaning out all of his "leftovers" that his family was supposed to pay for and had left him hanging with the extra's they "forgot about" on his CC to pay off.

I stopped off at one of my old time dealers from way back when, to get some rings and get him to mount my scope. It seems my old dealer friend had bought out all the Marlin inventory from a Louisiana wholesaler couple months earlier and suggested I check out the remaining selection if I wanted another caliber at his cost...and found his last nib 270 in Stainless Steel for a $50 bump + the trade of my nib blue 270.

Yes this SS 270 is a Kentucky built rifle, but it shoots out of the box better than a whole bunch of the low end stuff I'd bought NIB in recent years Always wondered about the Kentucky origin...But as good as this one shoots I'd buy all of the SS Marlin's I can find to use for trade goods if nothing else.
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 11/18/21. Reason: clarity
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Marlin X7 270 that was SS. Action was no where as smooth as my blued Marlin x7 .308. Shot good though and I only have $250 NIB for it. I should have never sold that rifle.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I still laugh when I think of the first time I took my xs-7 blued 308 I bought on closeout at Cabelas to a informal long range shoot. They come with their own rail and I dropped on a set of 30mm rings and a M3 10x Mk4 leupold with a dial calibrated for 168 bthp at 2700 fps. Bore sighted , then zero'ed at a 100 and indexed the dial. Shot at steel at various ranges to 770 yds just dialing it, didn t miss much. Guy spotting for me asked to see the rifle. He said he'd never seen one before, what did they cost? I told him I had got it on clearance for 275 and he kinda gawked at me. So then he is looking at my scope and finally ID's that with the mk4 on the bottom of the windage turret housing. He says you put a 1000 dollar scope on a 275 dollar rifle? I said yeah but I'm from SD. What the hell does that have to do with it? He says, I replied even SD guys know you wanna shoot far and hit sh*t you have to be able to see sh*t. Lol still laughing on that one. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I've got a 3 day hunt scheduled at one of TP&W's most hyper popular Parks in the southern part of the Texas Hill Country, n'west of San Antonio in very early February . The Park is in a construction mode so we'll see how much of the couple ? K acres we'll have access to. Seems like TP&W has cut down on the # of tags offered, But unlike past hunts there, this year Axis are on an Unlimited Harvest basis. Weather down there is always a gamble in early spring, sooo the Marlin SS 270 is gonna get the 1st draw & mebbe the other 3 wood/blue shooters I'm thinking of taking may never get outta the truck. Got all the confidence in the world in the cheapest rifle I own. We'll see what happens weather wise and be prepared for anything weird weather wise this year. Last year at that same time Texas had the worst weather in recorded history with temp's in Dallas in the low single digits 250/300 miles to the north , and the couple Hundred M $'s in infrastructure damage is still being repaired.
Ron

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 907brass, 338Rules, 19 invisible), 1,748 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,049
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.