Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rj308
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by 16bore
If China dropped a billion rounds of 22LR on the market for $0.99/box it’d be gone in15 minutes. Maybe 20.

So don’t buy a scope. I’m sure that the USA market share is pretty small. Who knows....except Doug

Comrade 16,
Feels like you support the CCP and or have a defeatist passive attitude.
Not sure where you have been the last decade. The CCP has infiltrated our major universities/colleges with spies, the CCP is spending billions of dollars in attempts to hack our military and technology companies. The CCP cheats, steals , and bribes their way while people like you and Bobby give them a pass. I have been to Beijing and Shanghai 6 times in the past 30 months. I have experience first hand what is going on there. We have more control over our purchases. Has your head been in the sand the past decade and especially the past 15 months? Do you not understand the CCP hates the USA?
It’s passive and naive people like you who will wake up one day and ask what has happened, and respond maybe we should have paid attention. So sad.
Go ahead and be proud of your value CCP made sport optics while you are hunting or shooting in your free country. Maybe you don’t care but I will guarantee the majority of us do care. F*** the CCP !!!

NWT, I am just very curious as to what your purpose was for being in China 6 times in the past 30 months. Maybe tourism, I don't know. I am somewhat sure it was not that you are working for a company that is in bed with the CCP or is anyway cooperating with the Chinese on anything to their advantage. From the sound of your posts, I can only believe that you were there to counter their threat to the United States. And it would seem that if that was the case, the Chinese would not allow you to be there 6 times in 30 months, unless you re an undercover agent or similar. Please explain , if you will. Thanks. RJ

Woohan Flu Super spreader.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
So is it OK to buy a Burris FF 2 made in the Philippines even though they also sell China made scopes and mounts?

Asking for a friend who is a patriot.

That's an evaluation one will need to make. Doesn't seem to matter to many, but, their practice of using the same product line names for chinky and unchinky products is sleazy imo, eg Signature, Fullfield... The equivalent would be Leupold dubbing a fully MIC riflescope VX Feedom ii or some chit. That'd be sleazy. One way to get the message to Burris and their retailers would be to tell them to fuuckoff if they're going MIC...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Who is the maker of this scope ?

Thanks

That is a current production Burris Fullfield II 3-9X40 with ballistic plex reticle, item #200162. Made in the Philippines.

*Edit* Looks like my northern neighbor Bob beat me to it.

Thanks again for the 411
I was wondering if it was a current model.
I think I will try one out. Now, I need to find one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Agreed. The Fullfield II is the way to go.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Bushnell Japanese made 3000 series is no longer available, the place in the lineup is some Chinese made with a fancy name. ,So the question.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Sig scopes seem to be a good,affordable choice if used is not an option...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Agreed. The Fullfield II is the way to go.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

Guys still arguing politics here, while the first 2 posters hit the nail on the head. Pretty hard to go wrong with the FFII 3-9x40 and one guy even posted pics of how they fit on the OP's exact rifle. Assuming, of course, he's talking about a BSA m1917 made from 1949-1952 wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bingo. Pretty easy decision.

As I posted on another Chinese scope thread, there’s so much CCP stuff in our life at the component level we never see, there’s no practical way to filter for it, BUT, recreational goods like optics often, not always, give us the chance to avoid feeding the Dragon with minimal effort. Not sure how much actual impact choosing Philippine goods over Chicom has but it can’t hurt, especially if you take the time to contact the retailers and “manufacturers” and tell them about your buying decisions and the reasons for them. At some point that MAY make a difference. Can’t be any more of a waste of time than say, writing your congressman.

Dear Burris,

I just bought a FF II scope. I kinda wanted a FF IV, but just can’t bring myself to spend money that supports a regime that wants to end the American Way of Life.

Respectfully,

Boomie

cc: Larry, Doug, & Jeff,

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice work Pappy.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
LOL

PS, Burris GFY

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

A used Leupold.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Poconojack

A used Leupold.

He asked for a "good" one

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Who is the maker of this scope ?

Thanks

That is a current production Burris Fullfield II 3-9X40 with ballistic plex reticle, item #200162. Made in the Philippines.

*Edit* Looks like my northern neighbor Bob beat me to it.

Thanks again for the 411
I was wondering if it was a current model.
I think I will try one out. Now, I need to find one.

https://www.scheels.com/p/burris-fullfield-ii-3-9x40-ballistic-plex-riflescope/00038100162.html?cgid=optics-scopes#src=%22%22&utm_campaign=041321_shttng_email_shttng_trade-ins&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sfmc&utm_content=body-img_burris&sub=0015G00001ZAW8XQAX&start=18

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We just got a delivery of the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm - Ballistic Plex Reticle at $159.00 made in the Philippines

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
LOL

PS, Burris GFY

Now Carl, we don’t want them to think you’re a crank, just cranky.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by 16bore
Doug is in New York, has been very good to the ‘fire, and offers impeccable service. I don’t think he’s responsible for our country’s economic policy.

Just a thought while sitting in my Chinese made office chair typing on my Chinese made iPhone.

Well stated...

Foolishly stated. You don't have a choice on phones, computers, most furniture at low price. You DO have a choice on optics. There are plenty that are not made in Communist China by slave labor. Anything that can be reasonably acquired without dealing with a Communist govt should be acquired so. The Communists are not our friends. They will use us as usefull fools and patronize greedy corporations and politicians but their goal is still world domination. We are their biggest obstacle. Do you seriously believe they would turn down the opportunity to eliminate us if cost feasible? They would. I will never again buy a Communist Chinese product if I have any other option whatsoever. Your argument is foolish.

What needs to happen is 1) find some way, any way to recover the House in 2022. 2) find some way to recover the Senate in all future elections. 3) Find some way to get rid or the Pretender in Chief. Keep pushing. States with ability are continuing to pursue election fraud. We must succeed.

Then demand we withdraw economically from Communist China. We do not need them. We can make everything made there here and employ Americans. Close the border. Aid Mexico in eliminating cartels militarily and Make America Great Again

Yes, that was a rant. There needs to be more. Communist China intentionally attacked us with a manufactured virus to disrupt our society, economy and elections. I will not let that go unnoticed and neither should anyone else here with an ounce of Patriotic Blood left in their veins. DAMN China.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by shootem
Communist China intentionally attacked us with a manufactured virus to disrupt our society, economy and elections. I will not let that go unnoticed and neither should anyone else here with an ounce of Patriotic Blood left in their veins. DAMN China.
Exactly right. They've ruined millions of peoples lives with their damn bio weapon virus. Which is why I can't understand there not being a huge nationwide outcry to nuke the bastards. They killed my mother with their stinking virus. If I had my way the whole fuuckin place {China} would be gone already.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
We just got a delivery of the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm - Ballistic Plex Reticle at $159.00 made in the Philippines

Since I want to support the Philippines (and CameralandNY) I just ordered one of these.

Last edited by logger; 04/14/21.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (16penny, 11point, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,003 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,582
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.