-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something like only 16 times in the US has there been a situation of grabbing a service weapon by mistake, instead of the taser....Not every instance ended in a death.

If that number is correct, it’s an extremely small number, compared to the thousands of times cops pull either their sidearm or taser.

Me thinks the cop had 20 years of dust covering her gun skills and defensive tactics.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by pete53
well its to late for that young man he is dead , yes he should have not resisted but if i was a cop i would have just let him go and caught him later at home if he needed to be arrested. simple thing to do and no one gets hurt . some how some way someone needs to figure out how these young black people got to learn not to resist a police officer and behave themselves ????

You making an assumption that no one would be hurt at his residence

HE HAD A WHITE MOTHER AND A DECENT WORKING BLACK FATHER WHERE HE LIVED WITH HIS PARENTS. " this is a very sad thing that has happened "

Last edited by pete53; 04/15/21.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
If the dead guy was a good ol boy wearing a Maga hat and driving a pickup, I'm guessing everyone would want the incompetent officer executed at the town square.

This situation is unfortunate, but she literally had 26 years to train, she failed to do so, and acted negligently.

I have literally witnessed with my own eyes people on FTO preform better in similar situations.

1. If he was white, nothing would happen anyway.
2. You have indirectly and apparently volunteered to be the resident expert on incompetence in law enforcement.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

She was most definitely negligent which resulted in a homicide.

It resulted in a death. Homicide requires mens rea. The minimum mes rea for homicide is reckless disregard for human life. No level of mens rea, however, was in evidence here. It was simple negligence resulting in death, like a doctor, at the end of a double ER shift, grabbing the wrong hypodermic needle off the table and injecting it into the wrong patient.
Negligent homicide is the killing of another person through gross negligence or without malice

Reckless disregard for human life is an element of that crime, which isn't in evidence. This case is analogous to the case of the ER doctor I described above.

The defendant acted, or failed to act appropriately in a dangerous situation, and that action or inaction caused the victim's death

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
well its to late for that young man he is dead , yes he should have not resisted but if i was a cop i would have just let him go and caught him later at home if he needed to be arrested. simple thing to do and no one gets hurt . some how some way someone needs to figure out how these young black people got to learn not to resist a police officer and behave themselves ????

You making an assumption that no one would be hurt at his residence

HE HAD A WHITE MOTHER AND A DECENT WORKING BLACK FATHER WHERE HE LIVED WITH HIS PARENTS. " this is a very sad thing that has happened "

Definitely sad but he could have resisted at home

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I guess we'll have to see how this pans out and what defenses will be proffered.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
some how some way someone needs to figure out how these young black people got to learn not to resist a police officer and behave themselves ????

Easy. It's ingrained in them from the moment they slide out of the black house with pink shutters.

"PoPo bad!"

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I guess we'll have to see how this pans out and what defenses will be proffered.

The defense will not be "mistake of fact"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The defendant acted, or failed to act appropriately in a dangerous situation, and that action or inaction caused the victim's death

Our criminal laws are not designed to punish mistakes made by well meaning professionals under high stress situations not wrongly brought about by them. That's what our civil laws are for.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The defense will not be "mistake of fact"

So they will admit that she actually knew it was a Glock in her hand when she pulled the trigger? Interesting. We'll have to see. I bet you're wrong, though.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Something like only 16 times in the US has there been a situation of grabbing a service weapon by mistake, instead of the taser....Not every instance ended in a death.

If that number is correct, it’s an extremely small number, compared to the thousands of times cops pull either their sidearm or taser.

Me thinks the cop had 20 years of dust covering her gun skills and defensive tactics.

🦫

It’s worse than that, much worse, She Was A Training Officer, let that sink in.

She was also a Union rep.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by steve4102

🦫

No one is immune from mistakes. Even ER doctors with 20 years experience and immaculate records can grab the wrong hypo off the table after a double shift. That's what our civil courts are for.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If the dead guy was a good ol boy wearing a Maga hat and driving a pickup, I'm guessing everyone would want the incompetent officer executed at the town square.

This situation is unfortunate, but she literally had 26 years to train, she failed to do so, and acted negligently.

I have literally witnessed with my own eyes people on FTO preform better in similar situations.

2. You have indirectly and apparently volunteered to be the resident expert on incompetence in law enforcement.

LOL, he must be The Voice of Experience, when it comes to incompetence

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I never mentioned race......clown.

Thanks for your retarded opinions.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

LOL, he must be The Voice of Experience, when it comes to incompetence

Says the mental midget without a clue...lol.

I won't apologize for being correct.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/15/21.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

She was most definitely negligent which resulted in a homicide.

It resulted in a death. Homicide requires mens rea. The minimum mes rea for homicide is reckless disregard for human life. No level of mens rea, however, was in evidence here. It was simple negligence resulting in death, like a doctor, at the end of a double ER shift, grabbing the wrong hypodermic needle off the table and injecting it into the wrong patient.
Negligent homicide is the killing of another person through gross negligence or without malice

Reckless disregard for human life is an element of that crime, which isn't in evidence. This case is analogous to the case of the ER doctor I described above.

No reckless disregard for human life isn't needed for negligent homicide or manslaughter which ever the case maybe

Last edited by jwp475; 04/15/21.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

🦫

No one is immune from mistakes. Even ER doctors with 20 years experience and immaculate records can grab the wrong hypo off the table after a double shift. That's what our civil courts are for.

Doctors are charged with Criminal Negligence all the time, and rightfully so.
https://www.fuchsberg.com/blog/medical-errors-become-criminal-negligence/

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
How many of you arm chair quarterbacks have ever arrested and handcuffed someone likely 25 years younger than you, in better shape,with nothing to lose. The perp here was trying to avoid arrest and was resisting strenuously. If he was in possession of an unregistered firearm and on parole for robbery, that changes things up a bit.

Sadly the young criminal was shot and died. Sadly, the officer has a burden to carry to her grave. I doubt the officer could be convicted of murder as I don't see there being any criminal intent there. She was not trying to kill him. No "mens rea." Excessive use of force probably. High risk take downs are tough regardless what side of the badge you are on. Personal experience talking, here.

Glad it was't me that made the mistake. Sad times for all concerned.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Were I a jury member, and the situation was that the female cop in question had intentionally shot the perp to prevent him escaping onto the street via a lethal weapon ( his car). Were she to testify that a considered decision said shooting the guy was in the benefit of public safety vs high speed pursuit.

I would, as a jury member, pat her on the back and compliment her on a job well done.

But that is not what happened. She fucqued up. As a police officer she has a duty to become proficient with the tools of her trade. She also has the duty to recognize if she is not proficient and find other employment.

As a forklift operator, or the driver of a car on the street, I have the same duty of proficiency. If I am not able to drive a vehicle without jumping onto the sidewalk and killing pedestrians, I have a duty to recognize that fact and stop driving.

As an employee, operating a forklift, or a railroad locomotive, I have a duty to learn safe operation. If I am incapable of operating the tools of my trade in a safe manner, I have a duty to get my ass off of the machine and find other employment. BEFORE I kill someone.

Apparently this female cop, after many years in the occupation was still incompetent to use the tools of her trade. And she was negligent in her duty to recognize her own short comings. She should have sought other employment many years ago. She did not care enough about the people she was sworn to protect to sacrifice her paycheck to protect them.

I would convict her of negligent homocide and hope the judge gives her ten years in the state pen.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Because he’s calm and compliant at his house?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,499
Posts18,490,472
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.