Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I hear the police can stop you, and you have to prove you have proper business being outside your home?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In short, yes. The enhanced powers are temporary. This lockdown is in effect until 20 May.

https://www.todocanada.ca/list-of-enhanced-stay-at-home-measures-in-ontario-effective-april-17th/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Canadian "Ge Stop You"?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Many larger police forces are saying they won’t stop people randomly. Probably for PR reasons.

However, that doesn’t mean they can’t find a reason, like - you crossed the middle line back there, you didn’t signal your turn (prove you did), etc.

Never thought I’d see this chitt from a “Conservative” gov’t.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We see the difference in how different cultures handle things. In China, they locked down the Wuhan district and kept the virus there (except for that which was exported to and accepted by other countries). In other words, China inconvenienced the residents of one area to protect the rest of the country. In North America, we inconvenienced the entire population in order to avoid inconveniencing or hurting the feelings of those who wanted to fly in and the trend continues. We didn't even consider stopping travelers from flying into the US or Canada and never considered quarantining flights, regardless of where they came from. Instead, we told our own residents to stay home. Later, rather than preventing the import of new variants, we told our residents to stay home some more. Our leaders are idiots and we are idiots for listening to them. GD

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Premier Ford stated that not everyone was observing physical distancing and masking. As a result, and in consultation with public health, public service and provincial ministers, they decided to temporarily allow police to keep the public from traveling or mixing. According to some of the doctors on the provincial advisory committee, large urban areas are especially at risk because of apartments, the use of public transport, malls and shopping locations and others. It is inevitable that people will get too close and spread the contagion.

In order to prevent people from traveling outside their area, Cabinet locked down the entire province for 30 days. It's funny they didn't actually say "the GTA", but the message was clear. They did make reference to "large urban areas" however.

TORONTO — The Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts, is strengthening enforcement of the province's Stay-at-Home order while imposing new travel restrictions and further strengthening public health measures. These urgent actions are targeted at stopping the rapid growth in COVID-19 case rates and relieving mounting pressures on the province's health care system.

April 16, 2021

Office of the Premier

https://news.ontario.ca/newsroom/en

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When confronted by police do I still have the right to remain silent? Or has the province of
Toronto suspended the Charter of Rights too.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
From what I understand, they only have the right to ask where you live and why you are, where you are. They will probably send you home, if you shouldn't be where you are. Should you give them a rough time, they can ticket ($750 was mentioned by the solicitor general), or arrest you, if warranted. I suspect in this day and age, people will be indignant and announce their animosity on Twitter or similar.

Edited to add:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/ontario-covid-crisis-warnings-1.5991418

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Is the provincial border shutdown -- Ontario - Quebec and Ontario - Manitoba happening?

Here is a piece from a UK newspaper on the new variant in India. With all the flights from India coming into Ontario it is just a matter of time before this variant is present there and the problem gets much worse. I feel badly for you folks.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14670452/india-vaccine-dodging-double-mutant-covid-cases-soar/

Hugh
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by kkahmann
When confronted by police do I still have the right to remain silent? Or has the province of

You have the right to remain silent, but you still have to identify yourself, or you’ll find yourself arrested.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Remember, if you question this you are a ‘conspiracy theorist’

It’s for your own good......like Epstein was 😂

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I can't believe Canadians tolerate this. Y'all need to sack up.

Originally Posted by renegade50
I'm an Oracle ...
You are a bug....

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It looks like fishing for us yanks is not looking so good. frown

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't have the link, but one of the provincial doctors said that how the summer goes will depend on the next 8 weeks.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll dedicate this to all the Good Canucks, sigh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
laugh

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Pure communism sorry. Lockdowns are not the answer and never have been. Its a virus and it will run its course no matter what they do. Thankfully people are waking up in some parts of the country. Thousands of people protesting in western Canada recently. Amazing to me how easily people will completely give up their freedom; and dont kid yourself thats exactly what you are doing. A famous communist once said the way to control a population was fear....its happening right before our eyes.

Our own lunatic PM in one of his more lucid moments lately said that the vaccine itself is not enough. Its on tape so look it up if you dont believe it. Remember when they told us that once a percentage of the population was vaccinated this would all be over?? Now they are saying vaccinations are not enough. The goal posts keep moving dont they.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254
Pure communism sorry. Lockdowns are not the answer and never have been. Its a virus and it will run its course no matter what they do. Thankfully people are waking up in some parts of the country. Thousands of people protesting in western Canada recently. Amazing to me how easily people will completely give up their freedom; and dont kid yourself thats exactly what you are doing. A famous communist once said the way to control a population was fear....its happening right before our eyes.

Our own lunatic PM in one of his more lucid moments lately said that the vaccine itself is not enough. Its on tape so look it up if you dont believe it. Remember when they told us that once a percentage of the population was vaccinated this would all be over?? Now they are saying vaccinations are not enough. The goal posts keep moving dont they.

Exactly true. It’s about control and they don’t want to give it up so the narrative has to be adjusted

If I remember correctly it was part of his bs story about the UK and their ( non existent) 3rd wave.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh laugh

Of course, if I disagree, I'm being unfair. laugh

Once enough people die off because the population isn't being smart about infectious diseases, things will get back to normal.

The reality is, people are being vaccinated, and herd immunity will continue to build, but the anti-vaccination crowd will claim COVID has run its course. And medicine had nothing to do with it. In the meantime, much of the world is still in the grip of COVID. Over 3 million have died, and more die each day.

I trust in the medical people. I have watched the videos and read the articles from all sides. Nothing has changed my mind. Myself and most others do not believe it is a hoax. There are too many sick and dead.

Stay safe. Wear a mask. Keep your distance.

Even if you do not believe it works, respect the rights of those who do.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What are the annual influenza numbers up there year on year, say 2017 - 2020?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
According to the CDC, 80,000 people died of the flu in the US in 2017. COVID has killed over 560,000 people in the US since last year.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"I'm made As hell, and I'm not taking it any more".

For all the good saying that does. cry

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
laugh laugh

Once enough people die off because the population isn't being smart about infectious diseases, things will get back to normal.

The reality is, people are being vaccinated, and herd immunity will continue to build, but the anti-vaccination crowd will claim COVID has run its course. And medicine had nothing to do with it. In the meantime, much of the world is still in the grip of COVID. Over 3 million have died, and more die each day.

I trust in the medical people. I have watched the videos and read the articles from all sides. Nothing has changed my mind. Myself and most others do not believe it is a hoax. There are too many sick and dead.

Steve

You have the right to disagree. I , and others, respect that right.

. Please show the same respect to others. Or not

Try to understand you are not the only one with a functioning brain. As has been pointed out that not blindly accepting what is being said does not automatically make them conspiracy theorists, it actually demonstrates interest in one’s own health

Also because I, and others , don’t blindly follow along does NOT mean we do not respect others space, or do not wear our masks when required , contrary to what you seem to think.

Respect is a word you use . Perhaps you should show some for others, not just ones that believe as you do.

It’s not an all or nothing thing . Once I have been mislead by ‘medical people ‘ like Dr. Tam ( for example) I become skeptical of what that person says. I don’t automatically ignore or disbelieve them but I evaluate it and make my own decisions

Do what you want

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lorne, I have given that.

I have been misquoted, and talked down to of late, but that is not the issue here. In the above post, EdM asked about flu deaths. In the US, approximately 7 times the number of people have died from COVID-19, compared to the flu. 80, 000 flu deaths versus 566,000. The numbers are telling.

I will continue to ask that people wear a mask, socially distance themselves and get the shot. Do it for others.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
According to the CDC, 80,000 people died of the flu in the US in 2017. COVID has killed over 560,000 people in the US since last year.

Not a surprise...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have been misquoted, and talked down to of late, but that is not the issue here. In the above post, EdM asked about flu deaths. In the US, approximately 7 times the number of people have died from COVID-19, compared to the flu. 80, 000 flu deaths versus 566,000. The numbers are telling.

I will continue to ask that people wear a mask, socially distance themselves and get the shot. Do it for others.

No.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Lorne
laugh laugh

Steve

You have the right to disagree. I , and others, respect that right.

. Please show the same respect to others. Or not

Try to understand you are not the only one with a functioning brain. As has been pointed out that not blindly accepting what is being said does not automatically make them conspiracy theorists, it actually demonstrates interest in one’s own health

Also because I, and others , don’t blindly follow along does NOT mean we do not respect others space, or do not wear our masks when required , contrary to what you seem to think.

Respect is a word you use . Perhaps you should show some for others, not just ones that believe as you do.

It’s not an all or nothing thing . Once I have been mislead by ‘medical people ‘ like Dr. Tam ( for example) I become skeptical of what that person says. I don’t automatically ignore or disbelieve them but I evaluate it and make my own decisions

Do what you want

Lorne, thats probably one of the best posts Ive seen. Exactly mirrors my take on things.

Steve, where i am skeptical isnt the number of deaths. Im not, and never have doubted the number of deaths. What I question, is did they die from covid, or with covid. Big difference in the two. There has been many reports on this. How extensive it is we dont really know. The strange thing is that in Canada at least, the overall deaths dont seem to be any higher and that raises questions no one has answers for.

You say you believe in science. How then do you explain the data/studies done on ivermectin and vitamin D?? Real medical professionals were involved in those studies. When they say that nine out of ten covid deaths could have been prevented with vitamin D, the obvious question is why isnt our CMOs telling the public about it every chance they get?? It should be on the front page of every paper. Dr Kory, testified before the senate on ivermectin. He said and I quote again, " if you take ivermectin you wont get covid." You say you believe in science. Well there's science with the data to back it up.

Now lets talk masks. The largest RCT ever done on masks was done in Denmark. The data showed clearly that masks do not work. Please keep in mind that Randomized Clinical Trials are the gold standard, so this wasnt a bunch of hillbillies. Thats the best data we have available to us. Why dont the CMOs cite it, at the very least???

Then if you believe in science you would have to explain "the great barrington declaration." Literally thousands of doctors around the world have signed that document. Thats the kind of data that makes me a skeptic.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Finally some easterners are showing some backbone....

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...down-new-police-powers-halt-construction

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You and I will have to agree to disagree.

Protect yourself. Protect your friends and relatives.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If someone wants to wear a mask, or stay indoors, whatever makes you feel safe by all means do so.

Let the rest of us get on with our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEc0wy_mEA8

Last edited by 69sportfury; 04/18/21.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

You have the right to remain silent, but you still have to identify yourself, or you’ll find yourself arrested.

Normally you would have the right to not identify yourself or answer questions or give a statement. Police can stop you and ask, but you have an absolute right to remain silent. You can not be legally be detained further or arrested unless police believe that you have committed a crime or are committing a crime.

Normally if you are operating a motor vehicle you must produce a valid driver's license, insurance, and registration, but you retain the right to not answer questions or give statements. The exception would be if you were involved in an accident as a driver.
Witnesses however are not legally required to give witness statements or answer questions unless they are subpoenaed to attend a court hearing and sworn in on the stand.

However, that doesn't stop police from detaining or arresting you anyway, until you do produce identification, and then withdrawing any charges and releasing you. You can sue, but good luck with that.

However, with the new Ontario Covid 19 stay-at-home laws, I suppose that police could charge you if you fail to tell them where you are going and why. However, how would they know if you were lying if you told them that you were walking for outdoor exercise, going to buy groceries, or going to the pharmacy? As long as you know where these places are in relation to where you are at the time, you would be good to go.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Too close to a police state.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlegun
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Normally you would have the right to not identify yourself or answer questions or give a statement. Police can stop you and ask, but you have an absolute right to remain silent. You can not be legally be detained further or arrested unless police believe that you have committed a crime or are committing a crime.

Normally if you are operating a motor vehicle you must produce a valid driver's license, insurance, and registration, but you retain the right to not answer questions or give statements. The exception would be if you were involved in an accident as a driver.
Witnesses however are not legally required to give witness statements or answer questions unless they are subpoenaed to attend a court hearing and sworn in on the stand.

However, that doesn't stop police from detaining or arresting you anyway, until you do produce identification, and then withdrawing any charges and releasing you. You can sue, but good luck with that.

However, with the new Ontario Covid 19 stay-at-home laws, I suppose that police could charge you if you fail to tell them where you are going and why. However, how would they know if you were lying if you told them that you were walking for outdoor exercise, going to buy groceries, or going to the pharmacy? As long as you know where these places are in relation to where you are at the time, you would be good to go.

saddlegun;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the weather on your side of the big hills is behaving today and all is well with those you love.

If you don't follow Ian Runkle on YouTube, I'll suggest him as a wonderful source for both firearms law broken down so non lawyers can understand it as well as pertinent Canadian law that might affect us as firearm owners. He's a firearms defense lawyer out of Edmonton, a shooter and a fellow member of the CCFR as well.

Anyways he did a video on the law and it's "problems" as it was originally written, then amended it when some revisions came out too. This is the latest from him I believe.

While I am cognizant that the respective provincial governments have to do "something" to deal with the situation, it absolutely does show how our "world class medical system" was a facade in many ways - which those of us who actually had to seek treatment by that system knew too well. I'd opine the same goes for senior care or at least here in rural BC it's that way.

It's tough really to begin to articulate how frustrated I am personally with the lack of scientific approach, the intentional obfuscation, the absolutely absurd over spending and not least our suspension of personal freedoms that's taken place over the past year.

Somewhere in the dim past I heard that we get the leadership we deserve and the more I reflect on that thought and the ramifications of it, the more I've come to believe it may well be true. If it is, then God help us all, you know?

Anyways sir, hopefully enough of us in each of our respective provinces have sufficiently awakened that at very least we can become engaged again in the management of our own area, our provinces and finally our country. Let's hope and pray that's the case.

All the best to you as the days get longer and warmer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Too close to a police state.

wabigoon;
Good morning to you my friend, I trust all is well with you and your fine family this morning or better said as well as can be - all things taken into consideration.

Perhaps you recall when we were younger that there would be promotions by cereal companies in which one would send in 3 box tops in order to receive the promotional item? If one could not provide the 3 box tops, they were okay with you sending in a "reasonable hand drawn facsimile", remember?

In my view what's taking place in some regions of our country is very much a "reasonable hand drawn facsimile" of a police state.... Anyone who has cracked a history book would see the stark similarity, they just need to put their phone down long enough to do so and that's a big ask these days isn't it?

All the best to you and yours wabigoon.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife and I went for a drive last evening, lovely almost summer weather here in BC. Still in our region. But on the way home we saw a Manitoba. plate. I commented to wife how stupid he was, being here with all our P-1 variant.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
downwindtracker2;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I'm glad to hear you're getting nice weather down on the coast and hope that all else is as well as it can be with those you care about.

One of the things I've noticed locally regarding out of province plates is that there seems to be more than a handful of people who retain their insurance from whatever province they're from last, while maintaining a residence here.

For instance, one of the neighboring wineries had a Mercedes SUV with Ontario plates starting mid last spring and I've only noticed the rig gone now in the past two weeks. Where we walk in town, there's a Honda CRV with Ontario vanity plates - which is why I'm guessing they keep them??? - that's been there for more than a year. In that instance the owner is obviously unclear on the concept of how ICBC views residency, but I'll leave that between them.

By far the most common out of province plate we see however are Alberta plates and I can only suspect it's from the number of locals who used to work the oil patch and preferred the lower insurance rates they got there?

All that to say, perhaps the Manitoba plate you saw has been there pre beer flu and it just one of "those" sorts of our fellow BC residents who are rolling the dice with ICBC coverage?

Regardless, I hope the longer and warmer days treat you folks well. All the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/18/21.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
As was expected, there will be an adjustment to the latest stay at home/lockdown order. The provincial police forces will not apply the order because they are unsure about enforcement criteria, and have better things to do.

Those of you who live in Ontario have probably seen this playing out over the last 48 hrs. Those of you who don't live in Ontario, relax. We do not live in a police state. This thread is reminiscent of checkers in the park. laugh

Watch the video in the link.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-...-loses-battle-against-covid-19-1.5390016

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If stopped, be sure and advise the cop to stay at least 2 meters away from you. Make sure he disinfects his hands before touching your drivers licence. Maybe toss him a little bottle of hand sanitizer. Keep your mask on. A goalie mask is probably as effective at transmission prevention as any. I'm thankful to not live in Ontario or in BC's lower mainland. GD

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by greydog
If stopped, be sure and advise the cop to stay at least 2 meters away from you. Make sure he disinfects his hands before touching your drivers licence. Maybe toss him a little bottle of hand sanitizer. Keep your mask on. A goalie mask is probably as effective at transmission prevention as any. I'm thankful to not live in Ontario or in BC's lower mainland. GD

Laughing! This is so true and a great example of how asinine this nonsense really is.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

Laughing! This is so true and a great example of how asinine this nonsense really is.

True that.

Ontario residents will adjust to it and realize they have to do as told. Like the dog that has its chain shortened a little every day.

Unfortunately they will demand every one do the same

Papers please. Looks an awful lot like a police state

Last edited by Lorne; 04/18/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"I'm made As hell, and I'm not taking it any more".

For all the good saying that does. cry

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are talking about the possibility of invoking the Canada Emergency Act . The crisis in Ontario is serious enough, certainly the GTA. That is the new name of the War Measure Act. That suspends all civil rights. Just ask the Quebec separatists about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
They are talking about the possibility of invoking the Canada Emergency Act . The crisis in Ontario is serious enough, certainly the GTA. That is the new name of the War Measure Act. That suspends all civil rights. Just ask the Quebec separatists about it.

downwind;
Morning sir, hope you're all well.

That is a disturbing but not surprising bit of news.

One hopes that they won't as we don't need it here, but who knows anymore?

Oh, the black Mercedes with Ontario plates was back at the neighbors this morning too - after I'd posted that maybe it was gone. grin

All the best to you folks this week.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/19/21.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So do I, It looks like the federal Liberals are bailing out the provincial Conservatives again.

Isn't this weather nice. I don't think there is a weed any where in our city lot , the wife has been outside so much.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Actually Steve 566K have died "with" Covid 19. It is estimated that about 5% of those people actually died "of" covid 19. An interesting note is that the overall death rate is very similar to that of 2018. Meaning that Covid 19 has not dramatically altered the number of people who die each year. 5% is a bit more than 28K. I do socially distance around strangers and in stores. I wear a mask where the business asks I do so. Living in Texas the mask rules have relaxed a great deal though some cities are still pushing them. Oddly this year the number of people with colds or the flu I have seen is very small, maybe 6 people total. I would bet they are just staying home.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would have to see the stats, Rick. I went with what the CDC published. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would have to see the stats, Rick. I went with what the CDC published. smile

This is a link from NBC known propaganda site meaning watch for the spin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...ate-conspiracies-undermining-ncna1241343

This is a link to the CDC page in question.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/...GAHWFVO3DfslkJ0KsDEPQpWmPbKtp6EsoVV2Qs1Q

I wasn't able to decipher the 6% angle myself though NBC did note it exists.

Dog I rescued in January

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It seems to be a matter of semantics.

For example, diabetes doesn't kill in and of itself. It does cause complications that lead to kidney failure, strokes, heart attacks, etc. COVID 19 is similar. The trick is not to get COVID 19, so you do not increase the likelihood of complications that result like difficulty breathing, septic shock, pneumonia, etc.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

For example, diabetes doesn't kill in and of itself. It does cause complications that lead to kidney failure, strokes, heart attacks, etc. COVID 19 is similar. The trick is not to get COVID 19, so you do not increase the likelihood of complications that result like difficulty breathing, septic shock, pneumonia, etc.

I don't see how we won't all be exposed to it at some point. It is not going away. The Flu has been battled for many years yet it is still and issue that kills thousands every year. This said you would have to say at least some of the Covid deaths listed as such could have been caused by the "co morbidity's" . That and a lot of the people who die are in their 80's. My father died of a urinary tract infection at 87. There is room to say that the 1/2 million number is inflated.

Dog I rescued in January

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Yes good points. Covid is similar to diabetes in some respects. Interesting to note that science says 90% of covid deaths could be avoided if people had proper vitamin D levels. This is an obvious awareness problem, that family physicians could, and need to address. Studies prove it has the same positive effect on many other illnesses as well.

The vast majority of people with type 2 diabetes have it because of what they eat. Those people dont realize that they can cure it by changing their diet to extremely low, or zero carb. Another failure of our medical professionals. The data is irrefutable at this point, and many doctors are curing all sorts of metabolic disease with the low or zero carb diets. The problem is it hasnt gone mainstream because pharmaceutical companies make billions when people are unhealthy. Thats the similarity between covid and diabetes that I see.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The micro biology of the gut offers some interesting understandings. But unlike little blue pills there is no money in it , so private pharma puts no money in it for research, Instead . it's up to underfunded universities.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 04/20/21.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The province of British Columbia is so impressed with Ontario's restrictions, they have decided to follow suit. After all, what could be more fun than placing restrictions on the general population in response to localized conditions. We can decimate the small businesses and cripple the grassroots tourism industry without doing too much harm to the big players like the airlines or high dollar destination resorts. Corksuckers. GD

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What can you buy, and not buy, what does it take to get it bought?

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The micro biology of the gut offers some interesting understandings. But unlike little blue pills there is no money in it , so private pharma puts no money in it for research, Instead . it's up to underfunded universities.

So true. Follow the money. Fortunately there are more and more doctors becoming aware of how big a role diet plays into so many of the chronic illnesses of the day. Paleomedicina in Hungary has done more on it than anyplace Im aware of, but its really not new. The doctor that wrote "Strong Medicine" understood the relationship 80 years ago and treated his patients successfully with diet for 40-years. Sadly our society has become lazy, and many would rather just take the blue pill even though all its going to do is mask the symptoms, and do nothing to address the cause.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I'm making other plans. I'll never spend my money in Canada again

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by blairvt

This ^^^ is what so many Canadians are missing. Our provincial and federal policies over the last 12-months have done so much damage, in so many ways that it will take decades for tourism to recover.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

This ^^^ is what so many Canadians are missing. Our provincial and federal policies over the last 12-months have done so much damage, in so many ways that it will take decades for tourism to recover.

Exactly correct , not just tourism but owner managed businesses . The policies have been a death knell for private businesses.

"We are all in this together" - when the people saying this are willing to take a cut in their own pay cheque (especially government) , or their pension cheque , etc. then maybe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Have had a great time fishing in Canada. We will be back when we are allowed, unfortunately looks like next year. Usually up there 6-15 to 6-22.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're welcome back anytime!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Seems like some cops take their jobs too seriously.

Pushing down a 12 year old. Guess he didn't get the memo. Azzhole.

https://www.torontosun.com/news/pro...ppearing-to-show-kid-pushed-from-scooter

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Here in eastern East Kootenay BC we crisscross the border regularily. We also have tons of tourists.
Our outbreak of covid was clearly linked to tourism.
Covid has not been all that bad experience overall.
Families are probably closer than ever . Nothing is all bad.
We won't be rodeoing, jackpotting etc but these same ponies will be on the trailhead more than ever.
I get my vaccine tomorrow, to( potentially) protect those around me. Life is pretty darn good, folks.God Bless

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Right on!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It'd be ever so nice to awake, and realize it was all a bad dream.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
it happened to the yukon as well since last year up to the end of november ... but because it was the yukon nobody cared ... luckily some peace officer refused to do it ....

https://www.whitehorsestar.com/News/enforcement-officers-staff-borders-airport

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well, except guys like me who normally come to the Yukon on business, I cared ....still do

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by comerade
Here in eastern East Kootenay BC we crisscross the border regularily. We also have tons of tourists.
We won't be rodeoing, jackpotting etc but these same ponies will be on the trailhead more than ever.
I get my vaccine tomorrow, to( potentially) protect those around me. Life is pretty darn good, folks.God Bless

The first cases in Cranbrook were not the result of tourism but were from a man who returned from Ft McMurray and, knowing he was infected, attended a birthday party anyway. Cases in Fernie started at the ski hill, according to one Elk Valley doctor, though this was disputed by Bonnie Henry who seemed to lean toward the spontaneous appearance theory for the virus there. Ski hills were one of those places where the virus was not transmitted, apparently. Rifle ranges, on the other hand, are potential hotbeds of contagion so no matches can be held. GD

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

The first cases in Cranbrook were not the result of tourism but were from a man who returned from Ft McMurray and, knowing he was infected, attended a birthday party anyway. Cases in Fernie started at the ski hill, according to one Elk Valley doctor, though this was disputed by Bonnie Henry who seemed to lean toward the spontaneous appearance theory for the virus there. Ski hills were one of those places where the virus was not transmitted, apparently. Rifle ranges, on the other hand, are potential hotbeds of contagion so no matches can be held. GD

Really

I disagree, the ski hills are the primary cause.
These young skiers stay in residences with many others. 10 or 12 to a house. I have witnessed this as I am called to do hvac work in Fernie, regularily.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Yes good points. Covid is similar to diabetes in some respects. Interesting to note that science says 90% of covid deaths could be avoided if people had proper vitamin D levels. This is an obvious awareness problem, that family physicians could, and need to address. Studies prove it has the same positive effect on many other illnesses as well.

The vast majority of people with type 2 diabetes have it because of what they eat.
Those people dont realize that they can cure it by changing their diet to extremely low, or zero carb. Another failure of our medical professionals. The data is irrefutable at this point, and many doctors are curing all sorts of metabolic disease with the low or zero carb diets. The problem is it hasnt gone mainstream because pharmaceutical companies make billions when people are unhealthy. Thats the similarity between covid and diabetes that I see.

Apparently about 80% of the insulin used in North America is used for Type ll diabetics. That’s a very sad reality.

Last edited by mod7rem; 04/20/21.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Really

These young skiers stay in residences with many others. 10 or 12 to a house. I have witnessed this as I am called to do hvac work in Fernie, regularily.

My statement was a bit sarcastic in nature regarding the ski hills. For some reason, Dr. BS Bonnie did not want to identify ski hills as being a problem in any way. Of course, she also said that the existence of variants in BC did not necessarily mean that international air travel was contributory. Possibly, they swam in, I guess.
The real truth is that the virus is spread by stupidity more than any other cause. People who are exposed do not stay away from others and those who are not exposed don't stay away from those who are. GD

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

Really

My statement was a bit sarcastic in nature regarding the ski hills. For some reason, Dr. BS Bonnie did not want to identify ski hills as being a problem in any way. Of course, she also said that the existence of variants in BC did not necessarily mean that international air travel was contributory. Possibly, they swam in, I guess.
The real truth is that the virus is spread by stupidity more than any other cause. People who are exposed do not stay away from others and those who are not exposed don't stay away from those who are. GD

I agree

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was a young carpenter apprentice , I took a couple of winters off and skied . It wasn't just the skiing that made that life style so appealing. With my knees, I'm afraid to go on a bunny hill now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.