Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Make a sign that says "Please ask permission before handling guns!"

Watch your table at all times.

If you need to go pee, have someone fill in for you.

Yep!!! You’d be amazed at how many dumbasses with little kids are not watching those kids at all, and they will walk up and try to pick up a gun. Always made me want to slap the schitt out of the Parent! Not the dumbass’s kid. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Watch out for BATFE undercover entrapment agents. Don't offer any under the table deals or listen to offers for same. Just be careful. Used to be the most fun weekends of my young life, trading, swapping, selling, buying. No longer.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Make a sign that says "Please ask permission before handling guns!"

Watch your table at all times.

If you need to go pee, have someone fill in for you.

Yep!!! You’d be amazed at how many dumbasses with little kids are not watching those kids at all, and they will walk up and try to pick up a gun. Always made me want to slap the schitt out of the Parent! Not the dumbass’s kid. 😡

Was at the Astrohall show in Houston in 1980 when someone walk out with an original Henry rifle when vendor went to the can. Was about 3 or 4 tables down from our table.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Papag
Watch out for BATFE undercover entrapment agents. Don't offer any under the table deals or listen to offers for same. Just be careful.

If this needs to be said you don't have any business being at a gun show.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My biggest concern was always not hauling out more than I hauled in.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Have been setting up tables at gun shows for over 20 years. Just got back from the world's largest show in Tulsa OK. Really enjoy doing it and have made some awesome deals over the years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mason jar to piss in, (so you won’t have to leave site of your table)

Or just have a piss bag catheter like some of them 350lbers

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Mason jar to piss in, (so you won’t have to leave site of your table)

Or just have a piss bag catheter like some of them 350lbers

Haha!!

Thanks everybody, you've suggested items that I wouldn't have thought of until I got there.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Enjoy yourself.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Watch for shoplifters. They are often a 250 pound girl with a hoddie on and large front pocket or a big purse.

Bb

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
#1‐Booth Babe.....
Word spreads like wildfire...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You go to sell when you rent a table. Sometimes you actually sell something you want cash for. If all you have is high dollar items on your table lots of potential buyers don't even pause to look, I allways have something that women might be interested in like a few videos or paperback books. When a woman sees this stuff she stops to look and so does her man. He is looking at the guns , ammo, reloading dies , etc and she is checking out your bait which you have on the back edge. Sometimes you get some pretty good views of her frontal assets while selling him something but be cool. You know your supposed to have fun also. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Last show I did was 2 weeks ago, all I had was ammo, you would think it was wal mart on black friday, swamped for a good 3 hours, low stock by 12 noon

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gemby58
Last show I did was 2 weeks ago, all I had was ammo, you would think it was wal mart on black friday, swamped for a good 3 hours, low stock by 12 noon

This is becoming apparent. I was taking two rifles and some ammo - now I'm taking a LOT of ammo. Debating whether or not to let go of my S&W 686, too.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Jerky, spices and be sure you have a loud taser or two and spark it from time to time.
Bonus points if you have gawdy purses as well

Now THAT'S funny!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
From my memory of gun shows in the late 1990's, sparking a taser attracts cops like hitting a slate in the woods for toms in the springtime - brings 'em running in!!

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good for you. Sounds like fun. My buds and I get a couple tables at a small gun show once or twice per year. As mentioned, take a couple clean blankets as table covers. Take zip ties to "lock" your guns. We price items with Sharpies or ink pens on little sticky dots or with index cards folded and set up on the table. Scotch tape, a note pad and a penlight are essentials for us. I find a magnifying glass and a small tape measure helpful. I take my screwdriver kit and a rag and oil to wipe down guns. I take about $50 in small bills ($1 & $5 bills) to make change. If you sell small items, take some shopping bags for buyers. As noted by others, I typically price things a bit high as most buyers will want to dicker. Remove the detachable magazines from your guns so they don't come up missing. I keep all the supplies in a plastic ammo box that gets restocked between shows. We only do one day shows, which lessens the time away from other activities. A clean shirt a little hygiene also go a long way. Best of luck.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by gemby58

This is becoming apparent. I was taking two rifles and some ammo - now I'm taking a LOT of ammo. Debating whether or not to let go of my S&W 686, too.

Want people at your tables, take ammo, powder, and primers

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
2 wheel dolly or a pull wagon with pneumatic tires and tubs tote you ammunition to and from. If someone asks to borrow it get a deposit and then refund it when they bring it back. Cash is king but if I was in the gun and ammunition sales I would take credit cards also just price accordingly because your going to lose 3 to 5%.

I've got a dolly but much prefer a 4 wheel cart. They pull easier and your less likely to have something fall off if you are loaded down. I've been doing gun shows for years, and I don't take credit cards. There are usually ATM machines at most venues which helps a lot.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by WMR
Good for you. Sounds like fun. My buds and I get a couple tables at a small gun show once or twice per year. As mentioned, take a couple clean blankets as table covers. Take zip ties to "lock" your guns. We price items with Sharpies or ink pens on little sticky dots or with index cards folded and set up on the table. Scotch tape, a note pad and a penlight are essentials for us. I find a magnifying glass and a small tape measure helpful. I take my screwdriver kit and a rag and oil to wipe down guns. I take about $50 in small bills ($1 & $5 bills) to make change. If you sell small items, take some shopping bags for buyers. As noted by others, I typically price things a bit high as most buyers will want to dicker. Remove the detachable magazines from your guns so they don't come up missing. I keep all the supplies in a plastic ammo box that gets restocked between shows. We only do one day shows, which lessens the time away from other activities. A clean shirt a little hygiene also go a long way. Best of luck.

This is a good list. The blankets are important, because many gun shows won't let you put your stuff straight on a bear table. Plus use a big blanket that goes to the floor on both sides and use it to cover your stuff at night.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.