Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
"It is like the Cooper Landing Bypass. That plan was finalized before the first public hearings (required by law) were ever held.

Just because they are lawfully bound to take public comments doesn't mean they won't ignore them and do whatever they damned well please."

I have "Personally" attended and "testified" at hearings for this project, when I lived in Cooper Landing, and owned several properties there, including some where they wanting to put the new "Bypass".

This project goes back near 40 some years of constant evolution. There have been many proposals, a half dozen different routes, and hearings over the last four decades.

However I do fully agree that the Federal and State "Overlords" don't give a rats-ass about the people, and are hell'bent on the full implementation of their chosen "Covert" agendas.

Last edited by AGL4now; 05/23/21.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Originally Posted by las
It is like the Cooper Landing Bypass. That plan was finalized before the first public hearings (required by law) were ever held.

Just because they are lawfully bound to take public comments doesn't mean they won't ignore them and do whatever they damned well please.

AGL - You confusing your rivers and terminology?

I "Personal Use" fish with my 60' gill net off the Kasilof Beach in that time frame. Dip netting in the Kasilof is also opened up around then.

Kenai River opens later, IIRC, but I was unaware that there was anything of the sort on the Russian.

But then, I haven't been a dip (fishing wise - smile ) in several years now, so am in need of re-reading regulations and time lines.

If I get busted for something......I don't want it to be a surprise! smile

I am "not" confusing this issue. You are simply "Hell'Bent" on being a constant "FAILURE" at discrediting me. Which is entertaining.

For you "education" the Federal Subsistence Regulations......also regulate the "Subsistence dip netting on the Russian River. The "exact" same agency that governs my special hunting and fishing rights, which are based entirely where I reside. I find myself on both sides of the entirety of subsistence issues.

If you actually participate in dip netting on the Russian you are a major part of what is wrong with the subsistence issue. The notion a zip code anoints you special rights is clearly against every tenet of equal protection under the law.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by las
It is like the Cooper Landing Bypass. That plan was finalized before the first public hearings (required by law) were ever held.

Just because they are lawfully bound to take public comments doesn't mean they won't ignore them and do whatever they damned well please.

I "Personal Use" fish with my 60' gill net off the Kasilof Beach in that time frame. Dip netting in the Kasilof is also opened up around then.

Kenai River opens later, IIRC, but I was unaware that there was anything of the sort on the Russian.

But then, I haven't been a dip (fishing wise - smile ) in several years now, so am in need of re-reading regulations and time lines.

I am "not" confusing this issue. You are simply "Hell'Bent" on being a constant "FAILURE" at discrediting me. Which is entertaining.

For you "education" the Federal Subsistence Regulations......also regulate the "Subsistence dip netting on the Russian River. The "exact" same agency that governs my special hunting and fishing rights, which are based entirely where I reside. I find myself on both sides of the entirety of subsistence issues.

If you actually participate in dip netting on the Russian you are a major part of what is wrong with the subsistence issue. The notion a zip code anoints you special rights is clearly against every tenet of equal protection under the law.

Stop sniveling, "Cityboy". Grow a pair of gonads and go fight the Federal Government.

I don't make Federal Regulations, but like I pointed out earlier in this thread, there are some prudent planning actions, that can mitigate the impact of Federal Subsistence Oversight. Or just snuggle in your cozy Big City environment, and "bitch".

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by las

Stop sniveling, "Cityboy". Grow a pair of gonads and go fight the Federal Government.

I don't make Federal Regulations, but like I pointed out earlier in this thread, there are some prudent planning actions, that can mitigate the impact of Federal Subsistence Oversight. Or just snuggle in your cozy Big City environment, and "bitch".

Go away for a few weeks and AGL is still a little piece of work. Sheesh . . .

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Originally Posted by las

Go away for a few weeks and AGL is still a little piece of work. Sheesh . . .
He is a waste of electrons...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"He is a waste of electrons..."

Yes...he is

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by sayak
Originally Posted by skywalker
For all of the ones stating succession.......keep dreaming, will never happen........

No one (at least not me) is "stating" secession, I am, however, saying that it is worth consideration. Though unlikely to happen, it doesn't mean that the idea lacks validity. people a lot smarter than I am support the idea. I am not sure that I support Alaska independence for a variety of reasons. Still, there may be ways to have more sovereignty in our state affairs than what we have today, existing as a sort of chattel colony. But even limited independence wouldn't come easily, because many people, including the Native corps suckle on the tit of the Federal government and wouldn't relinquish that income for the uncertainty of an independent Alaska. But what if the US government became so weak that it couldn't protect the far-flung states? Would Alaska be on its own? We may be looking at the winding down of our once-great nation to third world status because of globalists such as Biden (or his handlers). Like Rome, the central government may be unable to hold onto its provinces. Scary stuff!
During the height of the pandemic there was no federal presence in the woods on the Kenai Peninsula.The authorities were all cloistered in their homes or offices. If a person had wanted to, they could have about gotten away with anything. I picture that is how it might be if the federal government becomes totally diminished: no federal presence to make sure folks are abiding by the rules they have established for us

If the state was divided into 5 states we would potentially have more representation, and make Anchoragua and Juneau a separate body altogether... nah, I know, never happen.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The pandemic was some scary stuff. To idiots. The state parks campground I live next to was open for camping- including tent campers - but the campground toilets were locked up.

My dog did her best to keep the campground woods clean.... we took her for walks elsewhere once we figured out why she was so happy.

Why the hell would $tate Parks do that????? Rhetorical..

We're from the Government. We're here to help you. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by las
The pandemic was some scary stuff. To idiots. The state parks campground I live next to was open for camping- including tent campers - but the campground toilets were locked up.

My dog did her best to keep the campground woods clean.... we took her for walks elsewhere once we figured out why she was so happy.

Why the hell would $tate Parks do that????? Rhetorical..

We're from the Government. We're here to help you. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

We need a Toll Booth at "Ingram Creek" to help offset the costs of hosting invaders of paradise, from "[bleep]'hole" Anchorage. Drivers with Alaska Drivers License showing Kenai Peninsula Zip Code address would be exempt.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
State Wildlife Commissioner ? put out a podcast 6 days ago that nailed the NWArctic caribou proposal. Just read it.

What it boils down to is that the Natives are greedy and resentful of "Outsiders" - anyone not local, hunting in "their" area. That guided hunters or non-local residents are affecting their subsistence hunting, or the caribou in any way is total BS.

My opinion based on 8 years residency in Kotzebue, 2010-2018.

Damn - I miss being a subsistence hunter..... smile

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by las
State Wildlife Commissioner ? put out a podcast 6 days ago that nailed the NWArctic caribou proposal. Just read it.

What it boils down to is that the Natives are greedy and resentful of "Outsiders" - anyone not local, hunting in "their" area. That guided hunters or non-local residents are affecting their subsistence hunting, or the caribou in any way is total BS.

My opinion based on 8 years residency in Kotzebue, 2010-2018.

Damn - I miss being a subsistence hunter..... smile

While I grasp the issue from "both" sides, I am substantially more empathic to the desire of rural Alaskan's to mitigate the impact of outsiders. I fully expect this to build over the years, till it becomes violent. I continue to encourage people to "own" a chunk of rural/bush Alaska, for their enjoyment and their children's hunting future.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
I read somewhere the Feds are trying to close 60 million acres in AK to hunting. The Feds may allow subsistence hunters to continue hunting in most areas, but not “trophy” hunters.

Anyone hear anything about this?
Substance hunters? I'll translate, 'Native Americans' otherwise hunting is off limit to whitey...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
[/quote]Substance hunters? I'll translate, 'Native Americans' otherwise hunting is off limit to whitey...

That is at the most gratuitous a "substantially" flawed assessment. I live in a "City" population 9 or 10 depending on one's conviction of being a resident. We are all "Non-native" Alaskans, yet because we reside in this city in deep rural Alaska, we do enjoy "Subsistence Rights". However of the population, only two of us use those subsistence rights.

I am always happy to point out, that everyone not in prison is free to move where they have more rights........or they can "pee and moan".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Substance hunters? I'll translate, 'Native Americans' otherwise hunting is off limit to whitey...

That is at the most gratuitous a "substantially" flawed assessment. I live in a "City" population 9 or 10 depending on one's conviction of being a resident. We are all "Non-native" Alaskans, yet because we reside in this city in deep rural Alaska, we do enjoy "Subsistence Rights". However of the population, only two of us use those subsistence rights.

I am always happy to point out, that everyone not in prison is free to move where they have more rights........or they can "pee and moan".

[/quote]
For you to see the problem clearly, look in your mirror.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

For you to see the problem clearly, look in your mirror.

[/quote]

Why don't you "MOVE"........I know why, because you are greedy. You what the very best of the fat boy life of living in the city, and you desire and greedily crave what others have. You are a "Classic" spoiled SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE.

And a winey'ass crybaby.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, yeah, I understand territoriality.

It still pisses me off when I am several miles walk-in moose hunting, and some azzwipe glides in on his $80,000 airplane right at dusk, lands on "my" lake, then at daylight shoots the nearby moose he spotted from the air.

But to falsely claim it is negatively impacting the animal population to "privatize" the area for one's own exclusive use is despicable.

Not to mention, in this case, a clear violation of the Statehood Act, in which Alaska was guaranteed the management of wildlife within her boundaries.

The Fuggin Feds are Indian givers..... so to speak. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las

It still pisses me off when I am several miles walk-in moose hunting, and some azzwipe glides in on his $80,000 airplane right at dusk, lands on "my" lake, then at daylight shoots the nearby moose he spotted from the air.

But to falsely claim it is negatively impacting the animal population to "privatize" the area for one's own exclusive use is despicable.

Not to mention, in this case, a clear violation of the Statehood Act, in which Alaska was guaranteed the management of wildlife within her boundaries.

What? What could be wrong with giving out privileges based on arbitrary things like zip codes? To Azzhats living on the road system? To resources they could never reach on foot? And they pretend they are somehow special "bush rats?"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las

What? What could be wrong with giving out privileges based on arbitrary things like zip codes? To Azzhats living on the road system? To resources they could never reach on foot? And they pretend they are somehow special "bush rats?"

Those Bush People almost made it....

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Some are more equal than others.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Some are more equal than others.

"URBAN" city dwellers are most "equal", as their idea of fair balance is they get what they got, "PLUS" they want to go elsewhere for a few days and kill game in others backyards.

They can only leave their soft secure plush easy living lifestyle for a few days, because they are "Special Snowflakes".

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 16penny, 65 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.