Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So the boffins think Afghanistan may fall if the US pulls out. I gotta say... I really don't give a chit!!

Nearly 20 years and 2,300 of America's finest men... If you can't form a government with that, I got nothing for you. Bring them home, and [bleep] Afghanistan. We owe them nothing.

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Don’t the Chinese have their eyes on Afghanistan? Is it a prize or a liability to a world power?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Don’t the Chinese have their eyes on Afghanistan? Is it a prize or a liability to a world power?

well the two biggest world powers failed so.....

My diploma is a DD214
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm quite happy to let China have Afghanistan. They can put up with all the crap, and if they manage to extract some natural resources, we should be quite content to just pay retail...Afghanistan just ain't worth it.

Going all the way to Alexander the Great; "Afghanistan is the graveyard of Empires"

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Poppies........

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m more concerned about American falling.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
So the boffins think Afghanistan may fall if the US pulls out. I gotta say... I really don't give a chit!!

Nearly 20 years and 2,300 of America's finest men... If you can't form a government with that, I got nothing for you. Bring them home, and [bleep] Afghanistan. We owe them nothing.

Hey, the military/industrial complex needs money. It needs war and blood for money.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Not only do we not owe them nothing but they don’t want us there! That we’re somehow doing them a favor and they want us there is part of the propaganda that the US government try’s to sell us. If they wanted us there we wouldn’t still be an occupying force 20 years later.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm quite happy to let China have Afghanistan. They can put up with all the crap, and if they manage to extract some natural resources, we should be quite content to just pay retail...Afghanistan just ain't worth it.

Going all the way to Alexander the Great; "Afghanistan is the graveyard of Empires"

Biteme is trying to push Putin into a partnership with China.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Old Ornery

Left to their own devices, the Chicoms would probably go in and make fertilizer out of those towelheads. The Soviets may have as well if we had not armed the Mujahideen so well with SAM's.....plus they were running out of other people's money at the time.

Last edited by RJY66; 04/22/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Afghanistan is a country run by Muslim fanatics and stuck in the 8th century. England, the greatest empire the world had ever known, invaded in the 19th century, stuck around for a while, and then left.
The mighty Russians invaded during Jimmy Carter, took a whipping, and left.
And the Idiot Boy, George Bush the Stupid, thinks we are going to stay in Afghanistan and straighten them out? Must have been one of Cheney's ideas.

No, Bush should have gone in there, wiped out the Taliban as he did, and stayed one year. Rebuild some bridges and hospitals, and then gotten the hell out.
You can't turn a bunch of 8th century savage Muslim goat herders into a bunch of Christian Boy Scouts.

Rudyard Kipling wrote about the futility of Afghan wars in the 19th century:

"When you're lying wounded on Afghanistan's plains
And the women come out to cut up what remains
Just roll to your rifle, and blow out your brains
And go to your God like a soldier..."

I feel so sorry for all the men we have lost in the past 16 years, and for those who got their legs blown off. A complete waste of our time and resources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Poppies........

How can America say they have a war on drugs then allow poppy fields to freely grow in Afganistan?

Just another lie the gooberment feeds the peoiple

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Safer than Chicago. Let both places rule their own.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

How would you tell?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dess

Safer than Chicago. Let both places rule their own.

Literally cleaner and better organized at any rate.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
China will not play by our ROE. They will kill every man, woman and child in Afghanistan if they have to. They want the minerals. They will sell the heroin to the US to pay their expenses.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Poppies........

How can America say they have a war on drugs then allow poppy fields to freely grow in Afganistan?

Just another lie the gooberment feeds the peoiple

Uhhh....cause big pharma needs the poppies.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The endlessly repeated, "fight them there or fight them here" justification wore a little thin 18 or so years ago. Nobody buys into that schidt anymore, if they ever did. General Dynamics as an example, needs perpetual war as a business model and they can buy enough congressmen to insure it.
I do not know what commercial value A'stan may have. All you hear is poppy growing. Maybe the big money people would like to corner the goat market. Since Genghis Khan, three thousand years or so, there has been continuous attempts on A'stan...often occupied, never defeated. There may be a lesson there.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe a simplistic analysis here, but the way I see it maybe we should lure the CCP into Afghanistan. Let em scrap. Whoever loses pays through the nose, and I don't care which side that is. Whoever wins pays through the nose, and wins what?? Basically nothing.

These protracted skirmishes around the world have gotten very old. And costly. If there's a payoff, I sure don't see it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My bet is that China has their eye on the end game, Afghanistan Rare Earth Elements...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,876
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.