Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#16019698 04/22/21
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Assuming you don't live with mommy, what do you do for dinner? Do you cook, eat out? There's a grocery store close by that has a deli. Tried their chicken spaghetti tonight and it was as good as what any of my 3 daughters make. Nice surprise.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It’s easy to make good stuff when you’re single.

Hit the butcher for Rib Eyes and NY Strips to stock the freezer

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Deer tenderloin is never bad

Hard to beat fresh tuna

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wile's uncle kept one can of creamed corn on hand in case he could not get out to eat!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter4623
It’s easy to make good stuff when you’re single.

Hit the butcher for Rib Eyes and NY Strips to stock the freezer

Deer tenderloin is never bad

Hard to beat fresh tuna

Nice! That looks like some high end restaurant chef grade vittles.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I cook. most nights it's a three coarse complete with a green veggie on the plate.... home made bread is a common thing in my house.... chocolate cake from scratch about once every two months....

I used to make home made ice cream... but I had to give up ice cream, or elk hunting... I couldn't do both.

I only eat out of the grocery store deli when on an extended road trip.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Just as soon eat at home.
Nothing fancy
Kill n grill works well.
Live on edge of town and a couple decent restaurants not far away, actually both about a mile and a half. Next to each other.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/22/21.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Local farm that sells to the public but focuses on restaurants. $8/ lb for NY strip. $9/lb for rib eye. Everything is whole and cut to whatever thickness you want. They don’t wrap it. Just place it in bags and a box. I vacuum seal at home.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Frozen pizza. PBJ. Cheese and crackers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only decent restaurant was the Wuhan flu Mongolian grill and sushi.
It's gone with most small businesses.
I rarely eat out. I take after my Dad who said that he's a better cook than the restaurants.
I enjoy a variety, but it's usually simple and healthy.
This year I went on a mostly keto "diet".
I lost a lot of the beltline and feel better.
Just as a treat, this evening I picked dandelion flowers, greens, wild garlic and onions. Then had that fresh with a gourmet sausage.
Earlier was a simple organic egg dish with delicious parmesan garlic rice crust pizza with gourmet sausage and various spices.
Girlfriends never learned to prepare meals until I taught them how. Thats not bragging. It's just that their parents never taught them much.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/22/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've found that 15 cases (24 per case) of Marie Calendar's assorted teevee dinners gives me 360 nights of no cooking other than turning on the oven. Cleanup entails washing my fork each night. I thought of buying a few gross plastic forks and just discarding each every night, but I then thought that was kinda gauche and I like to be civilized.

The other five nights of the year I go out to Wendy's and splurge on Wendy's gourmet prime cheese burgers, fries, and a chocolate malted shake. I like to keep things simple and on keel. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Warm months the grill gets a good work out, a lot of the foods mentioned above.
Cold season bake a turkey every 5-6 weeks, do a ham in between, both leave weeks worth of great leftovers.
In the northern bear camp winter and trapping season I like to keep a two gallon kettle on the wood stove with stew and other things mixed in... sits on a riser hot for days. Go past and scoop.
Also like to keep some big frozen pot pies around. 9 minutes in the micro and eat.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marie Calendar's dinners and some of the main dishes, then fix veggies, salad etc. to go with it.
Fast easy not homemade but palatable.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am not single but I do most of the cooking (the three boys are out on their own) as I enjoy it right up there with shooting, hunting and hot rods.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A crock pot can be very useful. If you get a big one (maybe 30.00) you can cram it full of meat veggies potatoes whatever you might like and 4 to 6 hours later it's ready..... use freezer bags for the left overs and you can be set for the week.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I've found that 15 cases (24 per case) of Marie Calendar's assorted teevee dinners gives me 360 nights of no cooking other than turning on the oven. Cleanup entails washing my fork each night. I thought of buying a few gross plastic forks and just discarding each every night, but I then thought that was kinda gauche and I like to be civilized.

The other five nights of the year I go out to Wendy's and splurge on Wendy's gourmet prime cheese burgers, fries, and a chocolate malted shake. I like to keep things simple and on keel. wink

L.W.

Do you get those at CostCo?

I just finished a lovely dinner of Campbell's tomato soup heavily laden with crunched up saltine crackers and a side dish of some more saltines with cheese melted on top courtesy of the microwave.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I don’t run the rat race and eat out, ever. Just a rip off. I almost always have a slow cooker of soup or beans going. Tube steak and pinto beans standard fare, nothing to make a fuss about. Rarely do open a tin can.

There's an old saying: "Breakfast like a king; lunch like a prince; dinner like a pauper” Nothing wrong with some buttermilk over some white bread for supper time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not single, but I live at the farm five nights a week and do all the cooking at home. Haven't really had any food from a box since I got divorced. Crock pots are good. Had red beans and rice tonight (without the rice, low carb). We're pretty close to foodies, love to eat well, including eating out at good restaurants (i.e. local, non-chains), ranging from steak houses to the local Messican eateries. We buy our beef and pork from my farm manager, which keeps us in steaks, chops, sausage and such. Lots of soups (butternut squash and such), lots of stews (venison and beef), lots of fish from the farm, and lots of fresh veggies, just mix and match. If I get lazy, I just make a big batch of Dutch meatballs and all I have to do is cook some veggies or make a salad for the next few nights.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

L.W.

Do you get those at CostCo?

I just finished a lovely dinner of Campbell's tomato soup heavily laden with crunched up saltine crackers and a side dish of some more saltines with cheese melted on top courtesy of the microwave.

No, Jim, I'm extravagant and shop at Albertson's Market. Besides, Albertson's is only a mile from my house and Costco is about four or five miles. I like to save on gas. Protect the environment, don't you know. wink

By the way, your meal sounds mighty tasty. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

L.W.

How many different dinners does Marie Calendar make? Lived in NM for a summer and lived on TV dinners. At some point, they all started tasting the same. Pretty much turned me off of TV dinners. That was a long time ago. May have to give em another try

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hookeye
Just as soon eat at home.
Nothing fancy
Kill n grill works well.
Live on edge of town and a couple decent restaurants not far away, actually both about a mile and a half. Next to each other.

What's Kill n grill?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.