Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Health Canada won't offer an unproven medicine. They have strict guidelines, despite what some people might say. Home made vaccine will be a while yet.

Honest, no-rancor questions/comments here.

So we didn’t have strict guidelines? Our typical ramp-up testing to an FDA approved drug is 4-5 years. Of course the COVID vax’s were exceptions. And certainly, there are many differing views in the sates concerning this.

I understand a bit of nationalism but you’d not take ours waiting for a “homemade” vax which is either rapidly expedited like ours was or is put to a 3-5 year wait if your process is even remotely similar to ours?

I just find the different perspectives interesting.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't know what the FDA does to test, and I'm not a doctor. I tend to side with Health Canada. The federal government wants home made vaccines, but we don't have the facilities. They want to build one.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7730511/canada-vaccine-sanofi-facility-ontario/

https://globalnews.ca/news/7609575/canada-coronavirus-vaccine-manufacturing/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I picked up a computer virus when I tried to open a file on Bushnell scope model history so off the computer went to the computer shop. This time they installed FireFox as well. On it , they suggest some interesting reads. One such, a Bloomberg article, was questions scientists would like to have answered on COVID . It was both a long article and the single allowed questions were surprising simple. It had no answers, rather it triggered a fair bit of thoughtfulness. There are guys who search for articles to back up their arguments rather than to awaken or satisfy intellectual curiosity. An open mind is smart one, a closed mind is a stupid one.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 04/23/21.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
I picked up a computer virus when I tried to open a file on Bushnell scope model history so off the computer went to the computer shop. This time they installed FireFox as well. On it , they suggest some interesting reads. One such, a Bloomberg article, was questions scientists would like to have answered on COVID . It was both a long article and the single allowed questions were surprising simple. It had no answers, rather it triggered a fair bit of thoughtfulness. There are guys who search for articles to back up their arguments rather than to awaken or satisfy intellectual curiosity. An open mind is smart one, a closed mind is a stupid one.

You touched on a fundamental problem now in the post-Christian western world — where do we find truth?

And as for COVID, in the states anyway, the information has been mixed, confusing, and deceptive from the start over a year ago. Nor is there any consensus in the med/scientific community.

Thanks for letting me drop in.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You touched on a fundamental problem now in the post-Christian western world — where do we find truth?

And as for COVID, in the states anyway, the information has been mixed, confusing, and deceptive from the start over a year ago. Nor is there any consensus in the med/scientific community.

I believe that we are getting mixed, confusing news here as well, George. It makes things very difficult for the average citizen. Who do you trust? Speaking for me, I trust what Health Canada says. All the vaccines that are being used here have got the thumbs up from them.

Sometimes, you hear nothing because too many people are speaking at the same time.

Drop by anytime.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I believe that we are getting mixed, confusing news here as well, George. It makes things very difficult for the average citizen. Who do you trust? Speaking for me, I trust what Health Canada says. All the vaccines that are being used here have got the thumbs up from them.

Sometimes, you hear nothing because too many people are speaking at the same time.

Drop by anytime.

Well since you trust Health Canada, you wont have a problem with this. It came in on our EMS bulletin just today. Health Canada has confirmed that almost two thirds of the AstraZeneca vaccine imported into Canada came from the US factory that American authorities say was rife with quality control issues. Amir Attaran, a law professor and drug policy expert at the University of Ottawa says any of these vaccines that havent been given already should be thrown out. No word yet if that will actually happen, but its clear that a lot of Canadians have already been injected with a vaccine that is so questionable that the US threw them out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yukon24 , you touch upon a serious problem, not the lot# QC one, rather vaccine take up. The only way we are ever going to see normal again is we can control the spread of this damm virus. The way that happens is with a lack of hosts. We can have either achieve herd immunity or have all the hosts die off. I much prefer the former. Herd immunity is going to be harder to reach with the mutations, P-1 and B 1617.We may need a higher % than originally thought,, maybe +80%. All you have to do is look at the Canucks, which by the way was front page for 2 or 3 days, and not sports page..

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Yukon24 , you touch upon a serious problem, not the lot# QC one, rather vaccine take up. The only way we are ever going to see normal again is we can control the spread of this damm virus. The way that happens is with a lack of hosts. We can have either achieve herd immunity or have all the hosts die off. I much prefer the former. Herd immunity is going to be harder to reach with the mutations, P-1 and B 1617.We may need a higher % than originally thought,, maybe +80%. All you have to do is look at the Canucks, which by the way was front page for 2 or 3 days, and not sports page..

While I agree with your premise on immunity, it seems that doesnt make much difference with the CMOs. For example, here in Yukon a very high percentage have been vaccinated already, yet nothing has changed in terms of restrictions. They have gotten worse if anything. There is no doubt that Canada really dropped the ball on acquiring a supply of vaccines. I think thats why they are continuing to push vaccines other countries refuse to use. The point as far as Im concerned is this: We have a supply problem, theres no question about that now. Our government should be doing everything in its power to deal with the mistakes that have been made. One of my EMS instructors told me years ago, that mistakes are part of life. We all make them, but in an emergency situation, you need to find those mistakes as quickly as you can, fix them, and carry on.

Another problem is the time frame between doses. The guidelines for Moderna is two shots 28-days apart. In many cases in Canada they are stretching that out to months apart. Well science says that one dose dosent give much protection, and some reports say that if the doses are spread to far apart, efficacy suffers. So are the vaccines we do have being used properly? Are they giving people the protection they think they are?? Science says no.

There are so many things the government could be doing to get us back on track. Things science and RCT have proven work; like ivermectin and HQ. Now we find out that a Canadian company has developed a nasal spray thats has a better efficacy than the best vaccine at 99.9 % You would think we would be pulling out all the stops to get this into production for Canadians, like Trump did with the vaccines, but guess what. We arent. Israel and NZ are using it though. What are we doing?? Locking people into "zones" and censoring any doctors or scientists that ask to many questions. Right out of the marxist playbook.

Last edited by yukon254; 04/24/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think they dropped the ball on acquiring vaccines, they have paid jaw dropping premiums. I was shocked at that item in the budget. . The problem goes back to previous Conservative government that sold off Cannaught Labs. At one time we were world leaders in vaccines. Privatization has costs, and we are all paying them now as a country..

It was Dr Bonnie Henry of BC, that pointed out an 80% effective rate of a single dose in a larger % of the population will work better than a 95% in smaller % of the population in preventing deaths. It makes sense to me.The spacing could even work better. Hopefully they can tweak the vaccines for the mutations in time for the second dose..We are already ordering booster doses for future years. .

As for conspiracies. I'm getting old and my life experiences have led me over the years to being able to watch the back room uses of power and decisions, both in industry and government . A daily Monty Python show.. Canada being a smaller country is much closer .People have no idea how easy it is. Generally they are simply not that bright!! Most of them are like your brother in law, chuckle.Considering that, I'm always surprised we do as well as we do.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I disagree on the vaccine acquisition.

They dropped the ball. Made a joint venture deal with the Chinese. Less than a week later ( in May 2020) the Chinese Customs seized materials related to this . The deal was over

It was July before the Liberal government made their first deal to acquire vaccine. August before they approached Pfizer.

So the vaccine was recognized as ‘the’ solution yet a deal wasn’t made to acquire any until July and August.

Meanwhile a company in Montreal, who produced an Ebola vaccine, requested $6 million ( maybe less, not 100%) to pursue a vaccine. No reply until August.

Gong show from where I sit . Third world countries are ahead of Canada simply because they have vaccine.

That Connaught lab is still active, under different ownership obviously. It produces the vast majority of the Flu vaccine used in Canada

Last edited by Lorne; 04/24/21.
IC B3

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
You Canadians are obviously not aware that government agencies are staffed with folks who are better informed and of higher IQ than you. It is not appropriate to question them, nor is it appropriate to inform yourself, because they have in mind the best interest of all citizens of Canada. This is simply true, and need not be demonstrated or justified as such.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Vek
You Canadians are obviously not aware that government agencies are staffed with folks who are better informed and of higher IQ than you. It is not appropriate to question them, nor is it appropriate to inform yourself, because they have in mind the best interest of all citizens of Canada. This is simply true, and need not be demonstrated or justified as such.

Thats certainly the message MSM and big tech are giving us. They even extend it to those doctors and scientists that disagree with them.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
A layperson with a hard science degree and a strong BS detector has no right or grounds to question the ministry of death/health. Now if you feel ill, be sure to do nothing but wait until it gets worse before seeking treatment of any kind. Pay no attention to hundreds of thousands of anecdotes of a schedule of a week's worth of zinc+d+C+(HCQ or Ivermectin) kicking this bug square in the balls whenever tried. Your duty as an obedient Canadian is to sit down and take it like a man, until you can't.

And for Pete's sake, do not take a prorated dose of 1.87% ivermectin horse paste. The dosage when you dial the plunger stop down to your bodyweight is WAY too high. 113.7mg ivermectin in a tube for a 567kg horse is, like, one quarter of one percent higher than the human single dosing recommendation of 0.2 mg/kg bodyweight. Instead, be sure to pay a physician a couple hundred bucks for ivermectin pills which dose super precisely for a 125-250lb person. Wait, Canadian health care, so no cost for the drugs, but your doc has to toe the ministry of death's line, so no off label use of HCQ or ivermectin for you or your doctor will be sanctioned or fired. And that horse paste will kill you outright.

You pay those folks good hard-earned tax dollars to think for you. That is their right, as determined by the queen herself.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
I saw an interesting interview with famed Canadian psychologist, Jordan Peterson last night. He was talking about a poll that was done in the US recently that showed a much higher percentage of people who identified as conservatives, could identify the correct percentage of the population that will have a severe case of covid. ( They could accurately estimate the real danger) Over 50% of the conservatives had a better understanding of the danger than liberals. According to Peterson, psychologists have observed similar findings between the two groups for decades. He said conservatives are much more likely to see danger than liberals. He also talked about how a small percentage of the population will react to danger. He used 9/11 as an example. When a catastrophe happens, only a small percentage ( about 10% ) will take charge and react. The rest will freeze up and wait for instructions. That 10% that react, are almost always conservative minded people.

Last edited by yukon254; 04/26/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by yukon254
Health Canada won't offer an unproven medicine. They have strict guidelines, despite what some people might say. Home made vaccine will be a while yet.

obviously thats a joke......

I will add that Canada snatched up Johnson and Johnson and astra zeneca vaccines, when the giving countries put them on hold.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by wyoming260

obviously thats a joke......

I will add that Canada snatched up Johnson and Johnson and astra zeneca vaccines, when the giving countries put them on hold.

Dont forget that they even saw fit to lower the age of those who could take it too. The FDA shut down the J&J plant it was so bad. The J&J vaccines Canada got were made before the FDA ordered the closure. Im sure that gives people who took them a warm fuzzy feeling.

Anyone who thinks these companies dont make mistakes that hurt people need to do some research. Pfizer has a rap sheet so long its a real eye opener. And remember, they asked for, and got indemnity on the covid vaccines.

Here is a brief summary on Pfizer. Exactly the kind of company you should blindly trust.....

Here’s a brief glimpse of Pfizer’s track record for safety and ethics. This is a short list, by no means inclusive of the company’s entire rap sheet.

Pfizer received the biggest fine in U.S. history as part of a $2.3 Billion plea deal with federal prosecutors for mis-promoting medicines (Bextra, Celebrex) and paying kickbacks to compliant doctors. Pfizer pleaded guilty to mis-branding the painkiller Bextra by promoting the drug for uses for which it was not approved.
In the 1990s, Pfizer was involved in defective heart valves that lead to the deaths of more than 100 people. Pfizer had deliberately misled regulators about the hazards. The company agreed to pay $10.75 Million to settle justice department charges for misleading regulators.
Pfizer paid more than $60 Million to settle a lawsuit over Rezulin, a diabetes medication that caused patients to die from acute liver failure.
In the UK, Pfizer has been fined nearly €90 Million for overcharging the NHS, the National Health Service. Pfizxer charged the taxpayer an additional €48 Million per year for what should have cost €2 million per year.
Pfizer agreed to pay $430 Million in 2004 to settle criminal charges that it had bribed doctors to prescribe its epilepsy drug Neurontin for indications for which it was not approved.
In 2011, a jury found Pfizer committed racketeering fraud in its marketing of the drug Neurontin. Pfizer agreed to pay $142.1 Million to settle the charges.
Pfizer disclosed that it had paid nearly nearly 4,500 doctors and other medical professionals some $20 Million for speaking on Pfizer’s behalf.
In 2012, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it had reached a $45 Million settlement with Pfizer to resolve charges that its subsidiaries had bribed overseas doctors and other healthcare professionals to increase foreign sales.
Pfizer was sued in a U.S. federal court for using Nigerian children as human guinea pigs, without the childrens’ parents’ consent. Pfizer paid $75 Million to settle in Nigerian court for using an experimental antibiotic, Trovan, on the children. The company paid an additional undisclosed amount in the U.S. to settle charges here. Pfizer had violated international law, including the Nuremberg Convention established after WWII, due to Nazi experiments on unwilling prisoners.
Amid widespread criticism of gouging poor countries for drugs, Pfizer pledged to give $50 million for an AIDS drug to South Africa. Later, however, Pfizer failed to honor that promise.
Pfizer’s Covid vaccine is being rolled out with nothing but positive press from every mainstream media outlet in the country. Meanwhile, more than half of Americans surveyed have said they will not take a Covid vaccine. The plain fact is that many questions remain unanswered regarding this, or any other, Covid vaccine’s safety and efficacy.

What we do know, from legal history, is that Pfizer’s past transgressions might lead some reasonable people to question whether or not they will submit to any vaccine made by the company.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Based on the positive results with vaccines in the UK and Israel and the lack of sustained supply in Canada, I am not sure what is going to end the ramp up of COVID in our area. The news today is not great for Ft Mac and it looks like additional ICU beds will be coming on line for Edmonton and Calgary.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/lo...l-emergency-as-local-covid-19-cases-rise

It would sure be nice to see a light at the end of this tunnel that would allow for a full re-opening of activities.

Hugh
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been following this for a few months now. Canadian company that looks to have made a breakthrough. Already licensed for sale in Israel and New Zealand. Big question again, why isnt this on every news channel ? A Canadian company developed it and will be the last to get it!
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210315005197/en/UK-Clinical-Trial-Confirms-SaNOtize%E2%80%99s-Breakthrough-Treatment-for-COVID-19

Because Trudeau

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Skatchewan
Been following this for a few months now. Canadian company that looks to have made a breakthrough. Already licensed for sale in Israel and New Zealand. Big question again, why isnt this on every news channel ? A Canadian company developed it and will be the last to get it!
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210315005197/en/UK-Clinical-Trial-Confirms-SaNOtize%E2%80%99s-Breakthrough-Treatment-for-COVID-19

Because Trudeau

Exactly

And he tells the ‘scientists’ what to say, or not say.

And the morons in Ontario and the Maritimes would re elect him in a heartbeat

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The welfare state from Manitoba east. They love the Turds handouts and keep voting him in.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

350 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,419
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.