Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Nope, no issues. This Covid schitt is nothing compared to some of the early hardships in our marriage.

She spent a year in a 500 sq foot mobile home with three young children using a hand dug outhouse and water carried in from the well in five gallon containers.

Showers were with a hanging campers shower and water heated on the stove.

Things like that put a proper perspective on the world.

Momma has learned the joys of shopping from her phone. Damn!

Actually she is pretty conscientious about the budget.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Haha, retiring in 2013 caused stress. After about a year and a half, out of the blue, she told me I needed to go golfing with my friend Scott. WTH, The only tome I've ever been on a golf course was to drag hose across the fairway to get to a brush fire. I got it and went to work for BPS for about he year and she started riding horse so I quit BPS. No arguments though relating to the pandemic.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No change except we don't go out to eat anymore. We still go hunting, fishing, shooting hiking and walking the dog together like we always did.

C
cath8r Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thanks guys.
Yeah, Canada isn't doing this thing right.... i have strong feelings about where humanity i headed... my biggest concerns tbh. We have both been working (thank you god!)... kids are home schooling, so that has been a little bit stressful. We are on solid footing relationship wise... just the sniping is coming up a little more frequently and I've been a bit of a grump tbh.
Thanks guys!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Overall, Divorce rates are up 50%, so yea, there's been an impact.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Not at all.

In fact, working together on our Victory Garden, bomb shelter, and day rationing has brought us closer together in these dire times.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not all with my wife as we are similar in politics and attitudes to all that transpired in 2020 and on, but with my siblings, including a lawyer, two physicians, and a pastor, yes.

I expect they consider me, the oldest, just to the right of Attila the Hun. 😉

I should be clear, it’s not because of the lockdown here in Iowa —two are in other states — but the politics of the whole COVID scenario, and even long before, really starting with Obama.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 04/26/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no it was kinda nice when we were both home around the house. , even during the worst of the lock down, we did projects together around the house

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My wife has turned into an online shopping ninja, I think she likes phone shopping better than store shopping. Other than that life goes on as normal.

We are looking for a place to retire, that's adding some stress. I'm happy to retire sooner to a cheaper place and she want's a place with a pool and warm weather. As long as I don't have to work and can shoot and hunt I'm pretty happy.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JohnP

cath8r, I would suggest you take them two boys with you whenever you go into the woods, or anyplace else, give your lady a break.

This ^

Not just to give your lady a break but to be with the boys doing active things. You'll wake up tomorrow and they'll be men. You will regret the time you could have had with them if you don't, that's a fact.

IC B3

C
cath8r Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Yup.... i hear you. Kids want to go, but one thing lead to another and they couldn't....
I was also going to take them the weekend before, before our premiere (canadian word for governor) walked back authorizing police stops (i didn'twant to get pulledoverwith my kids in the car, the drive up is 3hrs).
Nothing about whats going on is ok with me, but i feel people waking up and the tide potentially turning.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm getting along better with the ex...

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Not at all. We will celebrate 24 happy years in July

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Life is good.

Fuqk the wu-flu

Retired early last year.

I help her with some house work, she goes to work every day.

I shoot and fish when I want.

I've had much worse times without a pandemic, this is a cake walk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Covid BS, no. But getting my house ready for a tenant has been.

Sean
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by cath8r
walked back authorizing police stops

What ?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m still a grumpy old fart, and the redhead is a homebody, so nothing much changed on the personal level. Business has been stressful, but we’ve managed to navigate through without completely biting each other’s heads off.....

Bring kids into that equation, and keep them isolated from their peers, take away their social structure by closing schools and team sports —- and you’ve got yourself a stew of potential depression, anxiety, the whole 9 yards. Kids need way more social interaction, and if they don’t get it at school, you better find another way to give it to them.

I predict a whole bunch of these lockdown kids going off the rails right about.... now.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If it didn’t lead to more love, sex, and fun things together then something is wrong with ya

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Bring kids into that equation, and keep them isolated from their peers, take away their social structure by closing schools and team sports —- and you’ve got yourself a stew of potential depression, anxiety, the whole 9 yards. Kids need way more social interaction, and if they don’t get it at school, you better find another way to give it to them.

I predict a whole bunch of these lockdown kids going off the rails right about.... now.

I’m not so sure that I believe that. Unless of course a persons kids are running feral. Modern day schooling with full time K-12 as the norm has only been around for a generation or two and has in many ways caused more harm than good.

Even when I was a kid in the 80’s kindergarten was a half day. Now it’s a full day and the push is young fives and pre young fives! Vs my grandparents generation that mostly left school after 8th grade to work the farm with very little free time to hangout, play organized sports, or socialize with peers all day. Honestly I think society was better for it. Before it became about school as a daycare/indoctrination center and spending all there leisure time outside of it with nothing better to do than play on soccer leagues starting at age 3 and travel sport leagues every weekend or laying around the house on social media.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Been high stress around here for over 35 years, this ain't nothing. Canada sucks, we miss traveling up there and my wife hasn't seen some of her family for over a year.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,560
Posts18,491,767
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.