Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
They seem to work, however!
One of those fellers told me of a 'groid who pi--ed his "girlfriend" off - she took him out with a couple of blows to the temples - with 4" spike heels! smile Fatal.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

The S&W Governor is quite the formidable Pocket Gun! 🤠

Are they making them in a shorter barreled version nowadays???
Not that I'm aware of. The only two versions are black or silver. I think the silver one has a stainless cylinder. Otherwise, the only difference is color. The M&Pc is black stainless.

Thanks. Seemed like the one I had had a longer barrel. But that was several years ago. Gave mine to my nephew as he really liked it.
Could be. I don't know of any with different barrel lengths, but I could be unknowing. The Judge is a different story. It's available in all sorts of barrel lengths including one that's like, 6 1/2".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not that I'm aware of. The only two versions are black or silver. I think the silver one has a stainless cylinder. Otherwise, the only difference is color. The M&Pc is black stainless.

Thanks. Seemed like the one I had had a longer barrel. But that was several years ago. Gave mine to my nephew as he really liked it.
Could be. I don't know of any with different barrel lengths, but I could be unknowing. The Judge is a different story. It's available in all sorts of barrel lengths including one that's like, 6 1/2".

Yep. I had a Judge first. It sucked compared to the Governor.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep. I had a Judge first. It sucked compared to the Governor.
After three of the same iteration of the Judge...3" barreled, 3" stainless model, I said "no more". Just wasn't reliable. I fell prey to it a fourth time now a couple of weeks back, and now have a 3" barreled, 2 1/2" chambered version with a sort of Parkerized finish and grips that are different from the "ribbers" on the previous models. Academy had one for a relatively good price and I hadn't seen one available for some months, so like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, I fell for it. Hopefully...this time! Actually, so far, so good. Haven't reported on it and can't recommend it yet, because I haven't tested it extensively enough. Thus far, no problems though.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PJGunner
. . . Doctor's visits are not fun as firearms are not allow. Sometime one has to strip down and how in hell do I hide the gun stripped down to my shorts?
Paul B.

My doctor told me guns are welcome in his clinic. I just hang it on the hook, on the back of the door. He's an LSU grad, and a big game hunter, and of course this is Oklahoma. grin

One thing I have not seen discussed in detail in the thread is the perceived weight of a gun in one's pocket. I always have my .25acp Beretta 950BS Jetfire with me unless I am outside belt carrying my .380 PP - 9mm High Power - .45 1911 or .44 Bulldog. I also have a .32 Beretta Tomcat that feels heavier in my pocket than the Jetfire, but also seems to be more powerful, based on recoil and retort. Both it and the Jetfire have nice, molded leather pocket holsters, but the Jetfire rides almost unnoticeable to me. I prescribe to the theory that any gun is better than no gun, but I realize I am taking a chance.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by mark shubert
They seem to work, however!
One of those fellers told me of a 'groid who pi--ed his "girlfriend" off - she took him out with a couple of blows to the temples - with 4" spike heels! smile Fatal.

Yep.

Or hit em square in the face with a pan of hot grits!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've carried a Kel Tec P32 for the last 12+ years in a Galco horsehide pocket holster. Goes bang everytime. Some say they wouldn't carry a .32. I say it's lots better than nothing without printing even in tighter clothing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Razorhog
I've carried a Kel Tec P32 for the last 12+ years in a Galco horsehide pocket holster. Goes bang everytime. Some say they wouldn't carry a .32. I say it's lots better than nothing without printing even in tighter clothing.

Tiny gun/caliber discussion always ends up with this.

A gun you carry always beats a gun at home.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
This man;

https://murderpedia.org/male.D/d/devoe-paul.htm

Murdered an old hunting pard I had known since he was about 12. A single round from a POS Italian .380 auto. Mike was a big kid, former army, and an experienced bouncer. He was moonlighting at the bar in Marble. Only reason he tried to disarm the assailant was (a) the auto jammed when the assailant tried to chamber a round and (b) assailant was attempting to execute a former girlfriend in the establishment. He already had auto to her head and under restraint when he discovered the chamber was empty.

Anyway he cleared the auto and put a single round in Michael’s chest in the melee.

Assailant went from there to another ex-girlfriends house and executed her, her then boyfriend, her teenage daughter, and a friend of the daughter who was there for a sleepover.

A bad scene all the way around.

Bob, your story reminded me of two of my friends who got into a fight with a couple of Mexicans in a bar parking lot back in 1981 when we were all attending Jr College. One Mexican pulled a Raven 25 and shot them both in the chest at point blank range. One survived and one died in the ambulance enroute to the hospital.

My point being that both tragic deaths of our friends prove a small pocket gun can and will kill you with proper shot placement. Another words if the bad guy gets off a lucky shot.

I’ve carried a Ruger LCP 380 loaded with Speer Gold Dots in my left front pocket as a BUG for years. But I’ve always got either a 1911 in 45 acp or my Glock 32 in 357 Sig caliber on my hip as a primary weapon.
And since I got my Sig P365 9mm, in the summertime, if I’m wearing my Carhartt work shorts, I’ve found it easily fits in my front pocket with a Uncle Mike’s pocket holster.

You said BUG gun, so I have to do it to you:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I posted earlier that I sometimes carry my .32 Tomcat to church in warm weather. To clarify, there are other well armed brethren so not a huge deal. Wife carries a Glock 42 .380 and a usually tote a S&W 642 .38 +P. That’s about it for pocket guns. Other options to go big 😂.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Razorhog

Yep. I carry my P32 whenever I don't carry a gun, LOL.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

An offensive handgun is called a rifle.

If you're smart, there are a bunch of you. With rifles.

I agree. A rifle almost always beats a pistol. That said, you can't really carry a rifle concealed, and large handguns are not that comfortable to carry all day, hence the discussion.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Evan Marshall told me to always keep a battle rifle in your vehicle. He said your carry handgun is what you use to fight your way back to your rifle. I don't often carry or keep guns in my vehicles but I'm working on being better about it.

My wife didn't like my Bosnian M70 in her van so I'm putting together an 8.5" 300 BO pistol with a brace for the van. I'd been keeping a tac 14 20g and a marlin 444p outfitter under my trucks back seat but I'm going to swap out the 444 for my old dpms recon 16" 308. I'd hate to have the marlin get stolen but I liked it there because we often camp in grizzly area.

For a pocket pistol I really like my sig 365. I still find myself carrying my little S&W scadnium 22 mag jframe the most. I have the same revolver in 357 too but I prefer the 7 shots of 22 mag to the 5 of 357 around town. The little 357 is excruciating with full 357 loads. I usually carry the 357 mag golden Saber 125s in it because they're load just a bit hotter than the 38 +p so they are bearable but still get about 1200fps out of the short barrel.

Bb

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by WAM
I posted earlier that I sometimes carry my .32 Tomcat to church in warm weather. To clarify, there are other well armed brethren so not a huge deal. Wife carries a Glock 42 .380 and a usually tote a S&W 642 .38 +P. That’s about it for pocket guns. Other options to go big 😂.

Now you done it. I have to start looking for a Tom Cat 32. Dam.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bowmanh

An offensive handgun is called a rifle.

If you're smart, there are a bunch of you. With rifles.

I agree. A rifle almost always beats a pistol. That said, you can't really carry a rifle concealed, and large handguns are not that comfortable to carry all day, hence the discussion.

I responded to the word "offensive."

If I'm on the offense, I'm carrying a rifle, wearing plates, and I won't be alone. BTDT

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Couple of pocket guns.

Reminds me of an old Pickup Line. " Nice Pair "
To be honest, never worked for me, Pickup Line that is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seecamp .32 for the front pocket. G19 primary

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Seecamp .32 for the front pocket. G19 primary

Those Seecamps are cool. Back when I wanted one, they were extremely expensive when you could find one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only gun that is any good is the one you got with you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,397
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.