Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Back in March Ford announced it was moving from Ohio to Mexico.
On Thursday, the day after Biden promised electric vehicles would be made in America, GM moved its $1 billion electric vehicle plant to Mexico.

So how many UNION workers, Biden supporters, are out of work in the first 3 months of Biden’s Presidency?
Let’s see, auto workers, pipe fitters, miners, 49ers, who else.

Dontcha just love it when stupid hurts.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didnt trump persuade Ford to stay here not too long ago?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Didnt trump persuade Ford to stay here not too long ago?

Yup, Biden forced them to leave.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i'll buy 10 mexican made ones before i buy a japanese one

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by srwshooter

That makes a load of sense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🤣🤣🤣

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You’d have to buy at LEAST ten Mexican made vehicles to every Japanese made vehicle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think union members voted for Biden at a rate different than the national average. In fact I'd bet church members voted for Biden at a higher rate, due to visceral reaction to Trumps tweet rhetoric. You can kill babies but don't say coarse things.

Of course your question implies that Biden legitimately won the vote. I reject that implication.

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/01/21.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m sure they are very happy, no job, no retirement, your fuuucked.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
You’d have to buy at LEAST ten Mexican made vehicles to every Japanese made vehicle.

I’ll have none of the above.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
As I remember the story, they didn't cut any line production in Ohio, they just took a new vehicle to Mexico, rather than opening a new line. The way the story read, production never moved, so no one lost their job, they just didn't add new jobs.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The auto plants are running 24-7 now. The dealer lots are at historic low levels.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The upper hierarchies of both the UAW and the Big Three auto makers are and have been 'in bed together' for decades upon decades. They were / are drinking, golfing, partying, card playing, and just hang out together buddies when away from dues paying members. A friend of mine, a former UAW official, told me he witnessed it time and time again. He said if you didn't know who they really were you'd think they were close family members the way they acted toward each other.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Church members voted for the Pro Abortion Biden?

Last edited by Sako76; 05/01/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by joken2

The upper hierarchies of both the UAW and the Big Three auto makers are and have been 'in bed together' for decades upon decades. They were / are drinking, golfing, partying, card playing, and just hang out together buddies when away from dues paying members. A friend of mine, a former UAW official, told me he witnessed it time and time again. He said if you didn't know who they really were you'd think they were close family members the way they acted toward each other.

Have you ever been to Black Lake?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V

Lol. You’d have to get the liability...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Detroit-Hamtramck to be GM’s First Assembly Plant 100 Percent Devoted to Electric Vehicles
$2.2 billion investment will support 2,200 good-paying manufacturing jobs
DETROIT — General Motors’ (NYSE: GM) vision of an all-electric future is coming into clearer focus and gaining momentum with a $2.2 billion investment at its DetroitHamtramck assembly plant to produce a variety of all-electric trucks and SUVs. GM’s first all -electric truck will be a pickup with production scheduled to begin in late 2021. This will be followed soon after by the Cruise Origin, a shared, electric, self-driving vehicle unveiled by Cruise in San Francisco last week. Detroit-Hamtramck will be GM’s first fully-dedicated electric vehicle assembly plant.
“Through this investment, GM is taking a big step forward in making our vision of an allelectric future a reality,” said Mark Reuss, GM president, during a press event at the plant with Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and other local and state officials. “Our electric pickup will be the first of multiple electric truck variants we will build at Detroit-Hamtramck over the next few years.”
When the plant is fully operational, this investment will create more than 2,200 good-paying U.S. manufacturing jobs.
GM will also invest an additional $800 million in supplier tooling and other projects related to the launch of the new electric trucks.
Since the fall of 2018, GM has committed to invest more than $2.5 billion in Michigan to bring electric vehicles to market through investments at Orion assembly, GM battery lab in Warren, Brownstown and today’s announced direct investment in Detroit-Hamtramck. The plant’s paint and body shops and general assembly area will receive comprehensive upgrades, including new machines, conveyors, controls and tooling.
GM’s joint venture with LG Chem – which is investing $2.3 billion to manufacture battery cells in Lordstown, Ohio – will supply battery cells for the electric vehicles manufactured at Detroit-Hamtramck.
A key driver behind GM’s decision to make the commitment to Detroit-Hamtramck was the support this project received from the state of Michigan.
“The support from the state of Michigan was a key element in making this investment possible,” added Reuss. “This investment helps ensure that Michigan will remain at the epicenter of the global automotive industry as we continue our journey to an electrified future.”
Detroit-Hamtramck currently operates on one shift of production and builds the Cadillac CT6 and the Chevrolet Impala. Approximately 900 people are employed at the plant. As previously confirmed, the plant will be idled for several months beginning at the end of February as the renovations begin.The plant has built more than 4 million vehicles since opening in 1985. Hourly employees at Detroit-Hamtramck are represented by UAW Local 22.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’ll have none of the above.
When I buy a vehicle assembled in the USA I wonder who GM and Ford bought the component parts from. Maybe China?

Last edited by Hastings; 05/01/21. Reason: spelling correction

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MM879
The auto plants are running 24-7 now. The dealer lots are at historic low levels.

Friend of mine just ordered a new Bronco from Bedford Ford.
They told her that production was to begin the 17th, then changed it to the 24th. She won’t get it till the beginning of June.
I don’t know where their production plant is, anybody?
As to the original post, this is all part of Biden’s “installer’s plan. The Globalist and their partners of the CCP want to destroy America, economy, culture, industry, and cohesiveness.
I’ve said it a hundred times. “You can’t rule the world without first destroying the US. The people who made America great, white Europeans, who worked hard to make the country a better place for their children, are being replaced by lazy docile people who will happily allow the government to make slaves of them.
We are entering into the Tribulation.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They can spend money like it's water on idiot projects designed to fail because they know that government will bail them out. We are the ones that are paying all that money to watch them massage the egos of leftist politicians. Where they goin to get all that electricity to charge all those expensive batteries that have a short lifespan? They'd be better off designing a bicycle for commuters rather than electric vehicles. Apparently the Volt didn't fail well enough so they're going to do it again on a larger scale. Trump did manage to bring back some manufacturing and avoid more going out of country but as usual democrats will always find a way to fail greatly.

On a side note Union Pacific Railroad is making billions of dollars a year and doing very well. It has closed down almost all it's Car Shops and is contracting out the work repairing RR cars. The shop in Palestine Texas has been under a contract the RR signed with the city 150 years ago to never close that shop down. They've tried hard over the years to close it but two Supreme Court findings went against them. That didn't stop them from laying off nearly all the employees there and currently they've notified the remaining 50+ Union employees that they would be terminated as of June 14th. They managed to find a Federal Judge to agree that the 150 year old contract is as worthless as our Constitution. The Union as of yet has done nothing to help the plight of those workers and the city and county cannot afford to match finances with the powerful RR in court any longer. It's sort of a bitter pill for those employees like my son who's only seven years away from retirement to find out they're no longer employed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 40 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.