Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by Razorhog
I've carried a Kel Tec P32 for the last 12+ years in a Galco horsehide pocket holster. Goes bang everytime. Some say they wouldn't carry a .32. I say it's lots better than nothing without printing even in tighter clothing.

It's a great little carry gun. I've had one for years and years.

Had one since about the year 2000. The only issues I've ever had with it were when the extended magazine was being used. With the standard length (flush) magazine, it's been 100% reliable. Of course, after the first year of owning it, I haven't much shot it. These are not meant so much to be range guns. Once you know they're reliable, and with what magazines, you generally just keep them around for when circumstances call for a tiny pocket gun.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's a shame CCI doesn't offer a .380 shotshell. A Ruger LCP and a DeSantis wallet holster is about as good as it gets for a pocket pistol. Even more so for someone with XL large hands.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
It's a shame CCI doesn't offer a .380 shotshell. A Ruger LCP and a DeSantis wallet holster is about as good as it gets for a pocket pistol. Even more so for someone with XL large hands.

Buy one of the new .22 LR version’s. Mine won’t feed the 22 cal CCI shotshells, but I can single feed them.

Feeds all other .22 LR ammo great, though.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Have carried 2.5 and2" revolvers in the frt jeans pocket for years but the jeans got to be on the baggy side. These days a Ruger EC-9 $250 and pure reliable performance. The LC-9 is the same with dovetail sights and windage adjustable and $400+. But at 7-12 yards it doesn't matter.My EC-9 is very close windage wise and functions well with 115 -147 grain loads.. I picked up some cheap chartreuse fingernail polish at wallyworld and painted the frt and rear sights they are easy to pick up now. The 9mm luger is the only way to go for an ordinary citizen just for ammo availibility and price. Mb

I have an early LC-9, the one with the long heavy trigger pull. Mine came with a Laser that sits just in front of the trigger guard. I've never used it much but I'm not sure why. It shoots good and has been completely reliable.

I had it on me once when I thought I might need it and was confident with it. Four guys from the south side of Chicago cornered my wife and I at a hotel in Montana and started giving us a hard time. Then they said they were just joking and thought it was funny how local people were afraid of them because of their race.

I told them that it wasn't necessarily about race, people aren't used to 4 guys dressed like gangsters cornering them and giving them a hard time. I then told them that they might want to find a safer way to have fun because many people in the area are armed. They asked if I was and I didn't answer so they looked me over and said they didn't see one printing.

Turns out there was a whole bus load of them at the hotel and they were traveling around selling books door to door. They were pretty friendly after they discovered I wasn't intimidated. They never knew I had the ruger on me.

Bb

Bb that little Ruger paid for itself that night and even though you didn't have to use it sure must of had a comfortable.feel in your pocket. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Somebody makes one. I have a friend that shoots the ostriches with them all the time. It keeps them away without killing them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Somebody makes one. I have a friend that shoots the ostriches with them all the time. It keeps them away without killing them.

LOL. Ostrich Gun! Those big bastards are scary. They could damn sure kick you to death.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Think I have killed more ground hogs out of the truck window with a Keltec 380 than most of you been in gun fights. Just an old story but fact, was in a bar called the Hilltop in Muscatine Iowa 40 odd years ago when a pissed off wife used a 25 auto to solve her issue with her hubby

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by blanket
Think I have killed more ground hogs out of the truck window with a Keltec 380 than most of you been in gun fights. Just an old story but fact, was in a bar called the Hilltop in Muscatine Iowa 40 odd years ago when a pissed off wife used a 25 auto to solve her issue with her hubby
What is it about the River Towns?? Somethin' in the air??? lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All of these "regret posts" over selling a gun . . . just don't do it. Don't sell anything.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
All of these "regret posts" over selling a gun . . . just don't do it. Don't sell anything.

Most of the guns I've sold in the past forty years, I'm fine with. It's only about 10% of them that I would undo if I had a Genie.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by roundoak
I bought a Kahr CW9 for my daughter and she is a very good shot with it. A few months later we were target shooting and I put some rounds through it, liked it and bought my own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Kahr CW9 are great little guns. Accurate and Reliable too.
Had one for a while and liked it. But the Sig P365 is about the same size and holds 13 and has a much better trigger and sights IMO.

I've got a Sig 365 and 365XL. They do have a higher round capacity than the Kahr, but can't even come close to that silky smooth trigger pull Kahr has. The only reason I didn't buy a Kahr was that I pocket carried a lot than and couldn't imagine putting a pistol with that smooth of a trigger in my pocket with out a manual safety. Kahr makes a "California Compliant" model, but the price of the small number made was simply too much for what I wanted to give for a pistol. Kahr may have the absolute best striker fired trigger in the market. Not completely sure of the mechanical configuration, as the trigger pull actually acts as part of the "cocking procedures" , but it is nice and well made pistol as a whole. My years of carrying a 1911 has conditioned me to only carry manual safety pistols. Feel better going back and forth between pistols when they all operate the same.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 2500HD, 2ndwind, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,756
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.