-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blue Angels fly weeks leading up to the grand finale, this year, on 9-10 July. You can see 'em from Gulf Shores. Offshore fishing would be my #1 choice with teenage boys. Memories that last a lifetime. Dorado (Dolphin/Mahi-Mahi) fishing is fantastic.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you like shrimp, be sure to hit the Gulf Shores Steamer. The Royal Reds, when in season, are simply outstanding. We never miss it on any of our annual trips to the Gulf Shores area. That and FloraBama are must-hits.

As others have mentioned, you may have to wait most places, but the bars make the wait times pass quickly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a beach town predominantly. Do beach things. It has a pretty cool little zoo that is worthwhile. There are two amusement parks nearby. OWA is a pretty big one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveman
As others have mentioned, you may have to wait most places, but the bars make the wait times pass quickly.

If you get the app for the restaurants in which you are interested you can make a reservation in the morning for an evening meal. Many of the restaurants use the "Open Table" app.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’m headed that to orange beach in a couple weeks

Be damned if I’m going to go check out some fuggin flower garden or museum.

Boomers come up wit som sheeyot

“Oh Mildred le’ts go to the christus gardens the Jesus carving is lovely”

uhhhhh, NO

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Stop at Buc-Ee’s get a giant frozen squishie, dump some Tito’s innit

Head to publix get some ribeyes, charcoal, Keystone and hit the liquor store in publix parking lot get restocked

And watch your speed on the main drag

Tackleberrys like a mofo

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Two good places to eat. Lambert's, home of the throwed rolls. Go early as usually a long line. Second is Tacky Jack's. Sometimes they have live music and you eat outside.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by slumlord

I'm surprised no one has asked where the gun shops are yet, that's usually the first thing that pops up. I always get a kick out of that, people drive 500 miles to a nice beach area and want to spend their time prowling pawn shops looking at used Mossbergs or walking around Bass Pro Shops looking at chinese hunting crap.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by slumlord

I'm surprised no one has asked where the gun shops are yet, that's usually the first thing that pops up. I always get a kick out of that, people drive 500 miles to a nice beach area and want to spend their time prowling pawn shops looking at used Mossbergs or walking around Bass Pro Shops looking at chinese hunting crap.

Those same ones never get past the title of the thread either. Barney's 1st post opens up with 4th of July. Gridlock is an understatement. I usually leave town for at least a week around the 4th.

Crappie killer and Slumlord have the right idea, and middle of May is a great time. Anytime after Memorial Day is gonna suck as far as movin' around and doin' anything.

The restaurant choices on this thread are fascinating.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It will be congested. Make the most of it. Grab a cooler and hit the beach. There will be some mighty fine sights to see grin.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I tried for a mountain west trip but was shot down in flames. I’m currently contributing 10:1 patience / piggy bank.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
On our regular vacation with family on Gulf Shores. We take majority of food with us. Best fishing is early morning. We only go to Foley if it is storming and [bleep]. We spend all out time as a family doing whatever you want to do. No schedule to go by. We only go to Foley for additional groceries or to take young ones to doctor when sick and prescriptions. There is a small store there that sells items and bait. Everything is expensive down there. We go through Mobile on way down, I hate Mobile traffic. We leave by taking boat to Daulphin when leaving. We have done many things down their. Eating at Jim Buffet sisters place at marina is great. We try to stay away from the crowds. Relax, fish, eat and spend most all time with family. Everyone doing their own thing with no schedule. I love going to the loms fish and game pier watching them catch sharks,on the end and everything in between. You do not see fish and game, but they are watching you on camera. ENJOY

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well here we are. Anyone else down this way??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not this summer, we went to Gatlinburg TN instead. Might be down there in September.

CK
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Well here we are. Anyone else down this way??

How’s Floribama?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
How’s Floribama?

It was a zoo.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
How’s Floribama?

It was a zoo.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I live about 2 hours north of Gulf Shores. It's your typical beach vacation spot and that's the primary reason to go there. All your regular beach activities are available (Parasailing, jet ski, etc.etc.) and the beaches are very nice. Should be lots of eye candy on the beaches around the 4th. Listen out for the mating call of the southern white girl which sounds something like, "Yall, I'm drunk".

Good places to eat are The Original Oyster House, Wolfs Bay over in Orange Beach good food and a lot of charter boats dock right out back so you can see their catch, Doc's on Canal Street for great fried shrimp and seafood, Sea and Suds for a unique spot to eat as it sits both over the beach and runs out over the waters edge. Only place I can think off located literally right out on the gulf side beach. They make good gumbo. Big Mikes for a steak if you get tired of seafood. The Gulf is a good daytime lunch spot. They make great burgers, fish tacos, sandwiches of every type or you can just get crab legs and shrimp by the pound. All seating is outside and it's right on Perdido Pass so the view is beautiful. Of course they serve all manner of adult beaverages. Papa Rocco's if you get a pizza craving.

Waterville is a large water park your boys will enjoy. The Track has a go-cart track, bumper boats and an arcade. Adventure Island has a arcade, go-karts, Putt Putt golf, and lazer tag. If your wife likes to shop for clothes the outlets back up the road in Foley are a must hit for the women in our group everytime we go down.

National Naval Air Museum - if you time it right the Blue Angels will be practicing

A great suggestion. It's also free to visit.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Took some advice from someone on here and hit the Oyster Bar about 3:30 for dinner. About 30 minute wait - not bad at all. I could make a meal out of the fried gator. Got the two human garbage disposals we brought along a new boogie board to kill the evening. Only got them one to share tonight so should make for quality entertainment watching them fight over it.

Tomorrow AM we go out on the big lake to hopefully catch something fresh.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Fishing outta Zeke,s?

The restaurant there would cook your fresh catch for you.

Dave

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,622
Posts18,492,736
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.