Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Willto
Yes, I've taken deer with it, but I always found it a little wanting, and I have always figured I could do better.

You can do better. And the 7mm-08 you mentioned is a fine replacement. Vastly superior to the 30-30 with little if any increase in recoil. I have one as well and it's about perfect for deer hunting in Alabama.

LMAO. Anybody who can't kill deer very thoroughly dead quickly and dependably with a .30-30 either needs shooting lessons or deer anatomy lessons, one or the other. T

Odd that all the deer I shot with a 30-30 had a hole tight behind their shoulders when I found them. Always thought that was a perfectly fine place to hit a deer but apparently you know some secret place to shoot them that we newbies that have only been doing this for 45 years or more are unaware of.

Also odd that the deer I shoot with a 7mm-08, 25-06, 45-70 or a 30-06 tend to go one direction.....straight down. Weird track record with those calibers considering that I can't shoot for chit and apparently don't know where a deer's vitals are. LOL!

The last straw for me with a 30-30 was the day I shot a big doe while sitting over a green patch. She was one of 7 feeding in the patch. 70 yards broadside.. Put the crosshairs right in the crease behind her shoulder BLAM! Every deer in the patch hauled ass except the one I shot. She just stood there looking around like , "What was that" but showing no sign of being hit. So I jacked another round in the chamber and settled the crosshairs tight behind the shoulder again. Blam! This time she took off and ran straight out of the back of the patch. I gathered up my gear and climbed down from my treestand. Out in the middle of the patch where she had been standing...no blood. Followed her path from there to where she ran out of the back of the patch (about 40 yards). No blood. In the thicket behind the patch was a virtual maze of deer trails. Finally found her by just systematically following every trail. Finally about 50 yards out one of them I found a little blood and then found her about 20 yards farther on past that one patch of blood. She had two holes tight behind her right shouler you could have covered with a 50 cent piece. The exit holes on the other side were no bigger than the entrance holes. What little blood she had put on the ground back up the trail appeared to have been blown out her nose after her lungs finally filled up with blood. A less experienced or lazy hunter might well have thought he missed and not kept looking. I knew there was no way she wasn't hit however. If this were an isolated incident I would treat it as such. But this was the third hunt in which deer ran farther than normal without leaving much if any blood to follow. Hell, the deer I have shot with my compound bow typically only run 40 to 60 yards and leave a way better blood trail than the dirty thirty.

Now I'm not saying that the 30-30 is worthless. If you had a sick or crippled dog youn needed to put down then I'm sure it would do fine for that so long as you aim for the head. LOL!
Just the fact that you say all the deer you shoot with a .30-06, 7mm-08. .25-06 or 45-70 go straight down tells me you're either a praying man shooting at deer with a mighty sinful past, shooting them all CNS or a bold faced liar. You see, I have shot a fair number of them with a .30-06 and 7x57 {identical ballistics to your magic 7-08} myself and have seen a bunch of them run after well placed shots through the lungs with both. Just as I've come to expect with any cartridge, including the .30-30. Perhaps different bullets are in order for your .30-30. Maybe one of the 150 or 125 grain hp's would expand better on your little Alabama deer. I tend to switch when I see indications of poor bullet performance with any cartridge.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
put it this way if you have a open mind ? my Ruger #1 - 257 Weatherby mag. in my hands will kill a big whitetail buck or a bull elk easier with my one single shot faster right behind the front shoulder at any distance much better than any 30-30 ever made can rather its 30 feet or 500 yards . > yes as a kid i used a 30-30 lever with no safety and killed deer , but for a kid these old levers are dangerous to use for kids and many adults with no decent safety when unloading, if you love your kids or grandkids buy them a rifle with a safety at least ! >and no you have not been trolled <

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pete53
put it this way if you have a open mind ? my Ruger #1 - 257 Weatherby mag. in my hands will kill a big whitetail buck or a bull elk easier with my one single shot faster right behind the front shoulder at any distance much better than any 30-30 ever made can rather its 30 feet or 500 yards . > yes as a kid i used a 30-30 lever with no safety and killed deer , but for a kid these old levers are dangerous to use for kids and many adults with no decent safety when unloading, if you love your kids or grandkids buy them a rifle with a safety at least ! >and no you have not been trolled <
Hey Rip Van Winkle, they've been making lever guns with safeties for unloading for 38 years now. Bring that .257 Weatherby to the Adirondacks. The locals will get a kick out of it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just the fact that you say all the deer you shoot with a .30-06, 7mm-08. .25-06 or 45-70 go straight down tells me you're either a praying man shooting at deer with a mighty sinful past, shooting them all CNS or a bold faced liar.

I said they "tend" to go straight down. A word that literally translates as something that usually happens but not always. Maybe they never covered such nuanced words as "tend" before you dropped out of school in the third grade. Perhaps a remedial English class at a local community college would help you to better comprehend the written word of the land you live in. LOL!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Just the fact that you say all the deer you shoot with a .30-06, 7mm-08. .25-06 or 45-70 go straight down tells me you're either a praying man shooting at deer with a mighty sinful past, shooting them all CNS or a bold faced liar.

I said they "tend" to go straight down. A word that literally translates as something that usually happens but not always. Maybe they never covered such nuanced words as "tend" before you dropped out of school in the third grade. Perhaps a remedial English class at a local community college would help you to better comprehend the written word of the land you live in. LOL!
I'm not the one who has trouble killing little bitty deer with a .30-30 dummy. LMFAO.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'm not the one who has trouble killing little bitty deer with a .30-30 dummy. LMFAO.

Don't cry. No one is trying to stop you from masturbating to pictures of your grand pappy's leveraction. LOL! Now run along and find that community college.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Don't cry. No one is trying to stop you from masturbating to pictures of your grand pappy's leveraction. LOL! Now run along and find that community college.
That special ed diploma you got obviously didn't help much when it comes to practical skills like hunting, shooting and the study of anatomy. LOL

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yeah the deer I kill with a bow require no hunting skill at all. Hell, I'm just climbing random trees and flinging sticks with my eyes closed. Miracle I have killed as many deer with it as I have considering I apparently don't know where their heart and lungs are. LOL! But I'd way rather climb a tree with my compound bow or recurve than a 30-30. If I'm going to handicap myself I'd rather use a bow. At least a broadhead leaves a blood trail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This look like it's getting close to blackheart threatening to beat someone up.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

He's gone have to whoop some ass if I keep trashing grand pappy's turdy turdy. LOL!

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah the deer I kill with a bow require no hunting skill at all. Hell, I'm just climbing random trees and flinging sticks with my eyes closed. Miracle I have killed as many deer with it as I have considering I apparently don't know where their heart and lungs are. LOL! But I'd way rather climb a tree with my compound bow or recurve than a 30-30. If I'm going to handicap myself I'd rather use a bow. At least a broadhead leaves a blood trail.
If you weren't a f a g g o t you'd hunt on your feet like a man.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[/quote] If you weren't a f a g g o t you'd hunt on your feet like a man.
[/quote]

Sorry I don't swing your way there Liberace. Try a San Francisco based website if you are trolling for a date.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Willto is living proof that even a retard can kill deer in a state with a season that lasts damn near half the year and has one of the highest deer densities in the nation. Even if he can't shoot worth a shyt and has to hunt from a tree. He has the Willto. LMFAO

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
LOL! You couldn't stalk up on a dead skunks ass. And if you managed to get in range of the dead skunk a couple of shots from a 30-30 would probably resuscitate it. We have BB guns here in Bama but grown men don't hunt with them. LOL!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
LOL! You couldn't stalk up on a dead skunks ass. And if you managed to get in range of the dead skunk a couple of shots from a 30-30 would probably resuscitate it. We have BB guns here in Bama but grown men don't hunt with them. LOL!
If you cousin fuggin retards could tell the difference between a Red Ryder and a .30-30 you might kill some deer. LOL

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

He's gone have to whoop some ass if I keep trashing grand pappy's turdy turdy. LOL!

Bleck Heart can bag three squirrels with a 500 brick of 22 LR ammo. LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Is that why you wear that head gear so Bleck Hart cannot hurt you again?!

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you cousin fuggin retards could tell the difference between a Red Ryder and a .30-30 you might kill some deer. LOL

Well in our defense the two do about the same amount of damage so it's easy to get them mixed up. Of course the Red Ryder BB gun does shoot a little flatter so that's one way to tell them apart.

Last edited by Willto; 05/08/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Bleck Heart can bag three squirrels with a 500 brick of 22 LR ammo. LOL
And that's two more than Bobby can get per brick. LOL

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Well in our defense the two do about the same amount of damage so it's easy to get them mixed up. Of course the Red Ryder BB gun does shoot a little flatter so that's one way to tell them apart.
It ain't that hard to tell the difference if you ain't a retard. Here's a hint. The BB gun says "Red Ryder" on the stock. LOL

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,090
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.