LOL
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They're here now. SSS

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
The date's 18 months ago. It's a grandparent by now. They grow up fast.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn...

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
As the video shows our coyotes here in Colorado will soon have new friends to go jogging with

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lots of wolves here in rural MN, they are in talks again about another open season.
Well you do what you got to do, they say.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
They are varmints here except for an area around Yellowstone..

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In Idaho you can buy 15 wolf tags/year. It's kind of a joke because most hunters haven't seen 15 wolves in all the years since they were introduced. Resident tags are only $11 and most hunters I know buy one just in case. I always have one in my pocket but I've only seen wolves once. I've seen smoking fresh tracks several times, though.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by pete53
here in Minnesota the twin cities has the population for votes so the liberals win and they love wolves , we have a real problem with wolves here in Minnesota. and way to many liberals too !!.

Same here in Colorado with Denver and Boulder. They got enough signatures to get it on the ballot, then passed it. Then got is so wolves will be introduced only in the western part of the state where they don't live

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In Idaho you can buy 15 wolf tags/year. It's kind of a joke because most hunters haven't seen 15 wolves in all the years since they were introduced. Resident tags are only $11 and most hunters I know buy one just in case. I always have one in my pocket but I've only seen wolves once. I've seen smoking fresh tracks several times, though.

NR license and tags are still pretty cheap too, probably the best deal for great hunting in the country. Know in advance, you must be vewy vewy patient.grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by lvmiker

NR license and tags are still pretty cheap too, probably the best deal for great hunting in the country. Know in advance, you must be vewy vewy patient.grin

mike r

I not 100%, but can't your deer or elk tag be used in lieu for wolf, cat or bear?

I'm an Idaho resident but have quit hunting anything other than if I draw a controlled hunt or bear hunting. Decided that I'm sick and tired of seeing too many folks from neighboring states coming over. We've been annexed by Washington.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I still think they should be planted in Cali along with numerous grizzlies.

I agree

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

I not 100%, but can't your deer or elk tag be used in lieu for wolf, cat or bear?

I'm an Idaho resident but have quit hunting anything other than if I draw a controlled hunt or bear hunting. Decided that I'm sick and tired of seeing too many folks from neighboring states coming over. We've been annexed by Washington.
Yes it can, but a NR wolf tag is only $32, FAR cheaper than your deer or elk tag. Once you use the tag for a wolf, you can't buy another one. You're risking your high $$ hunt to save $32.

― George Orwell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I still think they should be planted in Cali along with numerous grizzlies.

I agree

yes Liberal California ,Twin Cities in Minnesota , Washington D.C. would be another good place for wolves that are real hungry. yep i like wolves they have real nice hides.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
State pushing for wolves or the "wolf coffee table book" crowd pushing for wolf reintroduction.
Someone I know quotes his father when this or bears come up, 'There was a reason we got rid of them in the first place'
If they do well the ranchers, hunters and hunting business crowd ought to really appreciate them.

Last edited by LouisB; 07/14/21.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
A wolf needs to eat 12lb of meat a day in the winter
A pack may consist of 12wolves

Most wolves die of starvation or fighting with other wolves

The archive records here in Colorado (from the 1800’s) said they primarily ate Bison

We don’t have wild Bison here. We don’t have very big wildness here. We have maybe 5.5million people here and growing. The cities voted for this new hardship for rural Colorado. Once the wolves knock down the deer and elk population it is pretty obvious they will transition to livestock. We will be spending a couple-few hundred thousand in Rancher Riembursments here shortly. At the same time we have tent villages of homeless in the medians in Denver.

Maybe we could take the money to buy the sheep from the ranchers to feed to the homeless instead of feeding the wolves, hence not introduce the wolves.

At least here in Colorado they should release 6 Bison for every Wolf so they have something to eat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Univ. of Wisconsin - Stevens point received state legislature to reintroduce Elk into Wisconsin and they got 25 animals from Michigan in 1995. It was a success and the Clam Lake herd grew until the wolves moved in. To help save the herd, the DNR trapped a bunch of the Elk and moved them to another area in Wisconsin. Wasn't long and the wolves found them so the DNR signed a deal with Kentucky to import more Elk, plus establish another area a way from the northern herd that the wolves were eating. The new area is in the Black River State Forest and you guessed it, the wolves found them there also.

Essentially the DNR is importing prime Elk for the wolves to eat.

This year the wolves were de-listed Jan. 4, 2021 and the state statues say the DNR must set a hunting and trapping season immediately. The DNR ignored the statute and said they will establish a season November 6, 2021. A hunting group took the DNR to court and a Judge told the DNR to set a season immediately. The season was February 22-28.

So yeh, the State is pushing for wolves and on the side of the wolf huggers and they had to be dragged into court.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
ever wonder why the black bear population never gets very big ? wolves eat bears in the winter ,wolves drag those bears out of their dens and eat them alive when they are half a sleep and can`t defend themselves . these DNR peta people know dang well that`s happening to bears , these DNR people don`t care about wolves much they just wanna ruin hunting so we quit, that`s the true goal .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pete53
ever wonder why the black bear population never gets very big ? wolves eat bears in the winter ,wolves drag those bears out of their dens and eat them alive when they are half a sleep and can`t defend themselves . these DNR peta people know dang well that`s happening to bears , these DNR people don`t care about wolves much they just wanna ruin hunting so we quit, that`s the true goal .

ding ding ding ding ding ding

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The whole reason for the wolf introduction was to reduce game animals to unhuntable levels. From the beginning, it was an anti-hunting ploy. It backfired on them in the northern mountain states. They never dreamed that wolves would become a game animal. They made mistakes that won't be repeated. We'll never see a grizzly hunt in the lower 48.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,402 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.