-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like a great time. I especially like those fat walleyes.

GB1

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by TheKid
We drag mainly Berkeley Flicker shad jointed cranks, a few Shadraps, and DT10s. Pull them about as slow as our 20hp Zuki will go.

flicker shads work great for sandies, smallmouth trolled. I use lead core line. Thanks

My brother in law up in the north country uses leadcore for summer time walleye when they’re staying deep. Up there the Salmo Hornet is the darling nowadays but I break off so many fishing trees and rock piles that I can’t stomach the $8 a piece price tag. I get the flicker shad when scheels runs their spring sales.

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
We drag mainly Berkeley Flicker shad jointed cranks, a few Shadraps, and DT10s. Pull them about as slow as our 20hp Zuki will go.

Was just about to ask what you like pulling !

Thanks.

What depth you getting them in ?

We target them when they move into the shallow flats during the spring. From now until August they can usually be found in 8 to 12 feet of water. Really the only place on our home lake that is much deeper than that is the old creek channels. The channels are up to 40’ deep but only about 30’ wide. The hot spots are old ditches and stuff like that from the roads and little community that is now under the lake. Drag them across the ditch that’s 14’ in 9’ of water and as soon as they come across the cut hang on!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice always look forward to you and the little mans pics and updates. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Me and Momma snuck off for an hour and went to the crappie hole a couple weeks ago. I had illusions of other activities but the crappie bite was smoking hot and the poison ivy was thick so we just fished. Caught right at 50 in an hour including three monsters that she caught. The big one was 17 1/4” and a hair over 3lb. About 15 minutes after this pic him and 18 of his friends were released into 350F peanut oil. A few cold ones and a good time was had by all. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Teaching class. Someday maybe they’ll clean them while I watch. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
And occasionally I even get to catch a one or two. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another post full of winning!

My earliest memory's of my father were fishing.

Caught Jim C's video this morning and now your great pics.

This is why I hang around here!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That’s called life lived the right way.

Well done.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Me and Momma snuck off for an hour and went to the crappie hole a couple weeks ago. I had illusions of other activities but the crappie bite was smoking hot and the poison ivy was thick so we just fished. Caught right at 50 in an hour including three monsters that she caught. The big one was 17 1/4” and a hair over 3lb. About 15 minutes after this pic him and 18 of his friends were released into 350F peanut oil. A few cold ones and a good time was had by all. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Those are some world class crappies!!!! Beautiful fish. Beautiful family and some great memories. Thanks for posting

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That's a slammer crappie for sure.
Great work showing the little man the outdoors,and the whole family involved.
Well done sir.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonderful stuff! I am gratified to see him being allowed to use the gripper to hold the fish instead of making him "man up" and hold them, which in turn would make him shy about doing that when he is old and big enough to do so.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn that one your commander has in her right hand is a hammer 🔨!! Never seen crappie anywhere near that size up here

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Heck yeah! Good times.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Hey Kid, that's awesome too !

You hadn't posted much about your wife, for a long time.

I was worried !

Glad she is doing OK Mate !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks for thinking of her, she has good days and bad days, we just have to take it as it comes. She decided to go with us yesterday evening, I had a loader bucket to rebuild but it was calm so I decided it could wait.
We covered a bunch of water and had to work for the two we got but she managed two saugeye, a bluecat, and a crappie. I anchored us by a rock jetty and we crappie fished for a little bit after we gave up on trolling, got another dozen that I just ate for lunch.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
These two dickheads are my cleaning partners, couple stray Tomcats that live in our alley. When the filet board comes out they’re Johnny on the spot waiting for their share. They get to fighting and I tell them if they aren’t nice I’m going to cut their tails off with the electric knife! smile [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great husband, father, life coach !

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Pulling a Renfiddy with a live action report. Me and the boy are sitting by the lantern with the rods out. Pretty good bite tonight, 9 blues and a channel so far, probably roll them up at midnight. Had an otter come by a minute ago, first one I’ve ever seen at this lake. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Dude crashed out in his lawn chair about 5 minutes after this picture:)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very cool!

The boys and I have fished the sound a few times this spring. Ain’t caught schit but beach crabs. Not even a cut throat or a bull head.
About time to hit some local ponds for crappie and stocker trout. At least there is some action there.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Bless you my son.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 10 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,066
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.