-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What everyone has already said is right, taken within their context. The problem is some just can’t see the world outside of their little part of it. You need to figure out what you want to do and decide if your current setup will do it well, or if you need to change something. If that’s the case, might as well go with a really fast twist that’ll do all the round can do. No downside to it at .223 speeds, unlike a faster round that might cause some thin-jacketed bullets to do squirrley stuff.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
If you had a 9Twist barrel and wanted to shoot Coyotes with minimum pelt damage, would a 62 - 65gr. Sierra SBT bullet work? Let's say at ranges from 100yds. to 400yds.

Handloading or factory ammo?

The 50-55 grain poly tipped bullets will work good for said application.

50/55 Ballistic Tips, V-Max or Blitzkings.

The heavier bullets will be okay but I prefer a little more zip.

🥕 🥕!

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 07/05/21.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reading this thread, I keep wondering what the heck you guys are trying to kill at long range that you need a ton of energy from your .223? I'm pretty sure we aren't talking elephants here, or deer, elk, bears, or anything you may take home for dinner. Even the lowly .223, .17 Remington, 222, and others of that type are going to have plenty of energy way past 500 yards to kill small critters like P-dogs, sage rats, and coyotes regardless of what pill you're pushing from my experience.... you just have to figure out how to hit it....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Physics isn't subjective and it is reliably fhuqking HILARIOUS,how many are perpetually stumped with such simplistic matters. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Starting velocity "zip",certainly the fhuqk is NOT impact velocity. Nor does it correlate in lineal fashion,or close. Hint.

In a true 9" RPM 223 SALAMI spout and talking Utility,I want the 75gr Hornie HPBT without the can-o-lure. The A-Max and ELD-M of like mass,are too long for my fickle atmosphere...though THE opening move at 8". Hint.

It might even be a wee bit "handy",to shoot a single projectile that will do it all and easily. Big Game Tags,Fur,Vermin,Steel,Paper,etc. That comes full circle back to the 75 ELD-M in Today's World,who's BC is better than the discontinued 75 A-Max,if/when talking 8" RPM. Hint.

A 1-12" 223 boltgun,is a DIRTY fhuqking Trick,as it slams wayyyyy more windows of opportunity shut,than it opens. Hint.

14" RPM 223AI here(Hart),forming cases. 'Course 7,7.5 and 8's follow suit,regarding Accuracy/Precision,even with the same bullet(50gr V-Max). Had just swapped the scope on/off,to R&D another and there was a slight windage shift on the return. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

While the fhuqking outright HILARITY of a gaggle of Crying Karens,guessing wildly with their GoogleFu,never ain't not entertaininger than fhuqk,simply pardon my shooting all and then some. Hint.

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Reading this thread, I keep wondering what the heck you guys are trying to kill at long range that you need a ton of energy from your .223? I'm pretty sure we aren't talking elephants here, or deer, elk, bears, or anything you may take home for dinner. Even the lowly .223, .17 Remington, 222, and others of that type are going to have plenty of energy way past 500 yards to kill small critters like P-dogs, sage rats, and coyotes regardless of what pill you're pushing from my experience.... you just have to figure out how to hit it....

It will kill whitetails farther than it should with a 55 grain Sierra Gameking.

The various 60 grain bullets should be dandy too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The .224" Sugar GK is a fhuqking POS Joke! Hint.

7" RPM Mike Rock 223AI 75 A-Max. Hint.

I've shot the fhuqk outta .224" 60-70 grainers too and there's nothing "dandy" there,excepting the 62 X's(all versions shine) and their ability to hang with 3500fps+ impacts,in cases of enough capacity to arrange same. No 12" RPM will come close,as they are longer than a 69gr Sugar BTHP. Hint.

I'm groovin' on the Dumbfhuqktitude though! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Recap to the tune of 1000 words. hint.

A 1-12" 223 will only shoot (1) of these,in my atmosphere and it's "likely" the one of least length and schittiest fhuqking BC,the POS Nuzzler 60gr NPT. Hint.

Left to right,simply listed in ascending mass: 53grTSX,55gr TTSX,aforentioned Nuzzler 60gr NPT,60 V-Max,62gr TSX,69gr SMK,70gr GMX,75gr Hornie HPBT w/can-o-lure,75gr Hornie HPBT,75gr ELD-M,75gr A-Max,77 SMK,77gr Nuzzler Comp,80gr ELD-M,80gr Berger,88 ELD-M,90gr A-Tip. Hint.

OEM 9" spout here in 223AI and 75gr Hornie HPBT and no can-o-lure. Hint.

It's never been tough to savvy,who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
10gaugewhine,

No need to reiterate that you are a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,nor the simplistic Fact,that I shoot it all and then some...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now if only in "fairness" to your Magnificent Fhuqking STUPIDITY,I had not cited the .224" 50gr 'Max until my 1st fhuqking reply to this very Thread. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

In the last (3) replies of mine to this very Thread and betwixt your Whining Dumbfhuqktitude,I'd only cited the projectile by name and/or hung Splendid Pixels of same,in (2) of them. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

There's no slighting how exceptionally WELL founded,your countless Insecurities are. What might you Whine about next,ala your Rampant Retardation? I'm rather at ease in dangling slack on the rope and enjoying you doing your CLUELESS Best. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

1-12" PN 223AI here,running straight receiver diameter "contour" at 24". S/S 2-ounce Shilen,MacaMillion A2 and 12x MQ. Obviously 50gr V-Max as mainstays. Google as you must,Whine as you do and nod your pencil neck like you "understand". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

It's never been tough to savvy,who shoots and who don't. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". PLEASE "tell" me "more". Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who let that idiot back on the forum? Bad mistake that I hope can be corrected.

If the OP rebarrels, a 9 twist will shoot those Sierra 65 gr GKs just fine, if you can get some.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
How/when/where do you DELUSIONAL Fhuqktards contrive this schit...you "lucky" kchunts? Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 1-12" Classic in 223 is simply a BUST,due mechanics. It can be made to go "Bang!",but bullets ALWAYS matter more than headstamps,if only to the chagrin of Crying Karens the World over. Hint. Laughing!

50 V-Max at 3500fps. Fhuqking HINT.

75 ELD-M at 2950fps. Fhuqking HINT.

Wind drift at the 300yd line is nearly double for the zippy 50. The trajectory "difference" is (1) fhuqking inch at 300yds. The 75 has greater impact velocity at the 300yd line,having more than chewed up the 550fps headstart. The vaunted 300yd 50gr "energy" is 610 ft lbs,with the 75 making 952 ft lbs. In fact, the 75's energy at 600yds is only a "whopping" 15 fhuqking foot pounds shy,of what the 50 does at the 300yd line. Hint.

Live a little and rebarrel 1-7". It's THE Little BIG Gun(21" Hawk',223 SALAMI). 88's ain't even "fair" to you Fhuqktards. Hint. LAUGHING!

In "fairness" to The Google Gals and Crying Karens,I only shoot 223/223AI in 7,7.5,8,9,10,12 and 14" twist rates in bolt guns. Hint.

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

well said, finally some one with smarts

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Big Stink

are you here in the USA Legally.... I mean you speak English like you're a Mexican Illegal Alien....

its just hard to make sense of it...even had a Mexican friend read this and he said you no speak English, not very good but at all..
it make no sense to me He told me...

plus dis guy is either drunk or high on somethin'.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by texken
How/when/where do you DELUSIONAL Fhuqktards contrive this schit...you "lucky" kchunts? Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 1-12" Classic in 223 is simply a BUST,due mechanics. It can be made to go "Bang!",but bullets ALWAYS matter more than headstamps,if only to the chagrin of Crying Karens the World over. Hint. Laughing!

50 V-Max at 3500fps. Fhuqking HINT.

75 ELD-M at 2950fps. Fhuqking HINT.

Wind drift at the 300yd line is nearly double for the zippy 50. The trajectory "difference" is (1) fhuqking inch at 300yds. The 75 has greater impact velocity at the 300yd line,having more than chewed up the 550fps headstart. The vaunted 300yd 50gr "energy" is 610 ft lbs,with the 75 making 952 ft lbs. In fact, the 75's energy at 600yds is only a "whopping" 15 fhuqking foot pounds shy,of what the 50 does at the 300yd line. Hint.

Live a little and rebarrel 1-7". It's THE Little BIG Gun(21" Hawk',223 SALAMI). 88's ain't even "fair" to you Fhuqktards. Hint. LAUGHING!

In "fairness" to The Google Gals and Crying Karens,I only shoot 223/223AI in 7,7.5,8,9,10,12 and 14" twist rates in bolt guns. Hint.

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

yeah ya can tell.... all really smart guys put a pirate decal on their rlfles...just like they did with their BB Guns when they were 7.

This from a guy who likes to say.. " you've been lead to water" when he hasn't had a bath since 1998.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
[/quote]

yeah ya can tell.... all really smart guys put a pirate decal on their rlfles...just like they did with their BB Guns when they were 7.

This from a guy who likes to say.. " you've been lead to water" when he hasn't had a bath since 1998.....
[/quote]

LOL:)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
KchuntRun,

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Was gunning an 8" RPM this morning,shaking out new glass. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for Crying,Whining and Trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................
If I were you I'd be leaving the rifles alone and concentrating on diet, exercise, some speech/language/writing lessons, a little plastic surgery and looking for some pussy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart
KchuntRun,

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Was gunning an 8" RPM this morning,shaking out new glass. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for Crying,Whining and Trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................
If I were you I'd be leaving the rifles alone and concentrating on diet, exercise, some speech/language/writing lessons, a little plastic surgery and looking for some pussy.

That wasn't very nice .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
J
I’ve had good luck out to 400 yards with the Berger 52 grain vld

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

my idea of a LR 223 shown here

223 AI chamber...Savage target action....28" Pac Nor barrel 9 twist

Just short of 18# as shown...goes from truck bed to portable table

Watch for it in the ads soon....2600 rds out...p/dog killin sob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JohnSHagler5009
I’ve had good luck out to 400 yards with the Berger 52 grain vld

That would be awesome if Berger made that bullet..............but they don't

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,461
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.