Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Originally Posted by AlleghenyMountain
Another vote for Emperor of the North (Pole), I believe it's been released under both names. My father took me to see it when it first came out, I'm sure he didn't tell Mom what it was about. He's 88 and has a great memory, remembers the hobos coming by looking for food before WW2.

Another vote for Emperor of the North (Pole), I believe it's been released under both names. My father took me to see it when it first came out, I'm sure he didn't tell Mom what it was about. He's 88 and has a great memory, remembers the hobos coming by looking for food before WW2.

Wrong... They ain't at the north pole moron...

It was originally called Emperor of the North Pole but the name was changed to avoid confusion with some thinking it might be a holiday movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_the_North_Pole

Last edited by tater74; 05/10/21.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tater74
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

Wrong... They ain't at the north pole moron...

It was originally called Emperor of the North Pole but the name was changed to avoid confusion with some thinking it might be a holiday movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_the_North_Pole
Tater 74 is correct ,.It was released under both titles.... ,Emperor of the North Pole is a 1973 American action adventure film directed by Robert Aldrich, starring Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, and Keith Carradine. It was later re-released on home media (and is more widely known) under the shorter title Emperor of the North, ostensibly chosen by studio executives to avoid being mistaken for a heartwarming holiday story. This original title is a homage to the historic joke among Great Depression-era hobos that the world's best hobo was "Emperor of the North Pole", a way of poking fun at their own desperate situation, implying that somebody ruling over the North Pole would reign over nothing but a vast, barren, cold, empty, and stark wasteland.

Last edited by rem shooter; 05/10/21.

NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Grapes Of Wrath (1940)

Story by John Steinbeck
Director: John Ford
Stars: Henry Fonda, Jane Darwell, & John Carradine,

Family forced off land ~ Travel to California ~ The Great Depression.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,852
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.