-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll leave these here without comment as I was never .mil, and would rather hear from those who have BTDT. The first video was posted a week before the second, but if you want to skip ahead the second video covers it all. Thanks.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our founders never wanted a standing army. They knew that a standing army and supporting military industrial complex would be corrupted, politicized, and sent around the world to interfere and to be in perpetual war.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Lemming.....they may NOT have wanted it, as you say, but they sure as hell NEED it.

There are many reasons why a standing army is vital to National Secuirty, however the most basic, and most crucial is this. It takes time, and money to train a soldier. A soldier has to be developed, you just can't throw a weapon in a persons hands and expect a high level of performance against a trained aggressor. Battlefield tactics these days require even more training and technology......and you can't get that by just rounding up a bunch of guys on the street corner.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
It's a different Army today than when I served, for sure, HOWEVER, It was a different Army for me than say, Vietnam Era.

I knew senior enlisted with a wall full of Article 15s; when I was coming up, that would ruin a career.

Military became kinder and gentler, more politically correct, more gender sensitive. More personal "rights" where as I was told we gave up our rights when we volunteered (we didn't actually...)

Guy making the video, I wonder if he really served or if he's just some valor stealing, hypocrite.

Like politics and sports, the Generals have a long time invested, we have a lot of $$ invested, and yet, some 20 year old thinks he knows better because ??????? Oh yeah, he's enlightened.

I had a lot of fum]n, made a good living, was taken care of, until I finally decided not to let someone else control my life, so I retired. My son had a similar epiphany, he got out with 9 years invested, Just got tired of other people controlling his life, That's the military,

Cooperate and graduate.

200 years of tradition, undaunted by 200 years of progress.

Last edited by Hancock27; 05/11/21.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
As society becomes soft and nannied the military does too.

It’s no more complicated than that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,984 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.