Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have been working in the ER on more than one sad occasion, the 16 year old dollie is in Trauma Room 1, she is dying from injuries received an hour ago. She was drinking and she wrapped the expensive car, that daddy just gave her on her birthday, around an oak tree.

Mom and Dad are sobbing there in the waiting room, and it is just beginning to dawn on them that they are at fault, for giving the kid a hot rod car, and for letting her be out galavanting around at midnight.

This dad used his crystal ball and put an end to it in style. I like it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by superlight17b
The most Academy award winning acting job ever put on by one of my daughters was when i took the car away from her (she lied about taking the Expedition to Jones Beach and i found sand and an empty Barcardi bottle in the back) She carried on for days,included were:tantrums,threats to run away,pitifull weeping,threats to move out,theatrical re enactments of every time i d ever been "mean" ,a hunger strike,the silent treatment,posting "wanted " posters of me all over the house:
(A picture of me with,"WANTED FOR BEING A BAD FATHER" on it.etc. It was truly an award winning performance.

Girlie got talent. smile

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
One of two things. That's either completely staged, or dad has some serious mental issues.

Do you have any daughters ?

I turned into a killer the day mine was born. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lemme see a specific boy you’ve been warned against seeing is caught sneaking around in the car we provided for you ?

No mo car.

I can like it.

If this is real, do you really think the person (dad) in the video is displaying rational thinking and behavior? He could take the keys away and park the car. Hell, he could sell the car. But doing what he did, if his daughter models her decision making and self control after dad she is going to be one crazy bitch. And suffer the consequences from some decidedly stupid and impulsive decisions.

MOGC,

Not Tryna pick a fight w you bud. But our daughter put us through living hell as a teenager. It got ugly in every sense of the word. Our two boys, really never had a peep of trouble out of them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We tried everything, up to me & my wife separating, so the daughter could live w her & the boys went back & forth between us.

She was so much like me it hurt. No one was gonna tell her what to do. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I look back now & wish I’d given her more free reign, but I was scared & when I get scared anger is not far behind. Particularly when it comes to my wife or kids.

Is it the best solution? Probably not, but I’ve found it to be effective ymmv.

When our youngest was a senior, he had some bad boys gunning for him. He warned them that members in our family have anger issues. Lol they thought he meant his older brother, they weren’t prepared for his fing crazed 58 year old father who was willing to do the time & the physicality to back it up. Problem solved 🤷🏻‍♂️

Today I couldn’t be more proud of my daughter she has two kids, a career, a good marriage.

Her brothers adore her daughters & they adore them. I know they would do anything to protect their nieces including kill or be killed.

But the difference is, if harm was imminent towards her daughters she’d slit your throat before her brothers ever looked for a knife.

Scenario runs the same for their momma. She’s my warrior princess.

I’m not sayin the way she & I deal with threat or life is the best way, just the way we’re wired, from birth.

Trust me I’ve thought long & hard over this, during our trials & tribulations & afterwards. She & I are too much alike. There’s bad that comes from that in spades undoubtedly, but some good I hope as well.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have been working in the ER on more than one sad occasion, the 16 year old dollie is in Trauma Room 1, she is dying from injuries received an hour ago. She was drinking and she wrapped the expensive car, that daddy just gave her on her birthday, around an oak tree.

Mom and Dad are sobbing there in the waiting room, and it is just beginning to dawn on them that they are at fault, for giving the kid a hot rod car, and for letting her be out galavanting around at midnight.

Youre right. Pissed isnt just taking the car away.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The dad owned the car......He should have just sold it and used to money for himself.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stupid.

Girl has daddy issues that started years ago.

Sure, dad can do with the car as he wishes. It’s the difference’tween can and should.

Yup, setting quite the example.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

This ^^^^^^ Dad's car. Dad can exact punishment however he wants. I have had to look parents in the face and say "Sorry. Your baby didn't make it" a half dozen times during my EMT career. I'd much rather see dad thrash the car with a skid steer...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If we knew the back story, it might have been a scene in an Uncle Buck remake.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Daughter out mudsharking.

Gonna be a ho, you can ride the bus.

My thoughts as well.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Daughter out mudsharking.

Gonna be a ho, you can ride the bus.

My first thought🤔 if that's the case she got off light!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My girls did not do some things because they feared what I might do. I made it clear that nothing was off the table and that we would not be turning out menaces to society or total schitbirds from our home.

Local schitbird murdered an elderly couple down the road from us, my oldest asked what I would do with a kid like that. Told her I would bury his azz in the back forty. Not releasing such a scourge on my neighbors. Also told her no kid of mine would turn out like that, because the road there would be too miserable.

Being crazy enough to break things and kill people got me two good girls who are successful and productive. Seen others be nice and try to be kids’ BFF, and get schit on for the trouble. Parent now, friends for life, or friend now, parent for life. Your choice.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Damn... how many people did you kill in the interest of raising two girls?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

grin

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
My girls did not do some things because they feared what I might do. I made it clear that nothing was off the table and that we would not be turning out menaces to society or total schitbirds from our home.

Local schitbird murdered an elderly couple down the road from us, my oldest asked what I would do with a kid like that. Told her I would bury his azz in the back forty. Not releasing such a scourge on my neighbors. Also told her no kid of mine would turn out like that, because the road there would be too miserable.

Being crazy enough to break things and kill people got me two good girls who are successful and productive. Seen others be nice and try to be kids’ BFF, and get schit on for the trouble. Parent now, friends for life, or friend now, parent for life. Your choice.

Yep. Ive seen too many messed up kids who were taught early and well the parents sun and moon rose and set on them and they would stick with them no matter what.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/08/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
One of two things. That's either completely staged, or dad has some serious mental issues.

Do you have any daughters ?

I turned into a killer the day mine was born. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lemme see a specific boy you’ve been warned against seeing is caught sneaking around in the car we provided for you ?

No mo car.

I can like it.

If this is real, do you really think the person (dad) in the video is displaying rational thinking and behavior? He could take the keys away and park the car. Hell, he could sell the car. But doing what he did, if his daughter models her decision making and self control after dad she is going to be one crazy bitch. And suffer the consequences from some decidedly stupid and impulsive decisions.

MOGC,

Not Tryna pick a fight w you bud. But our daughter put us through living hell as a teenager. It got ugly in every sense of the word. Our two boys, really never had a peep of trouble out of them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We tried everything, up to me & my wife separating, so the daughter could live w her & the boys went back & forth between us.

She was so much like me it hurt. No one was gonna tell her what to do. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I look back now & wish I’d given her more free reign, but I was scared & when I get scared anger is not far behind. Particularly when it comes to my wife or kids.

Is it the best solution? Probably not, but I’ve found it to be effective ymmv.

When our youngest was a senior, he had some bad boys gunning for him. He warned them that members in our family have anger issues. Lol they thought he meant his older brother, they weren’t prepared for his fing crazed 58 year old father who was willing to do the time & the physicality to back it up. Problem solved 🤷🏻‍♂️

Today I couldn’t be more proud of my daughter she has two kids, a career, a good marriage.

Her brothers adore her daughters & they adore them. I know they would do anything to protect their nieces including kill or be killed.

But the difference is, if harm was imminent towards her daughters she’d slit your throat before her brothers ever looked for a knife.

Scenario runs the same for their momma. She’s my warrior princess.

I’m not sayin the way she & I deal with threat or life is the best way, just the way we’re wired, from birth.

Trust me I’ve thought long & hard over this, during our trials & tribulations & afterwards. She & I are too much alike. There’s bad that comes from that in spades undoubtedly, but some good I hope as well.

No need to second guess anything, man. You got good kids who sound well adjusted and you raised a girl who isn’t a victim. I tell folks when they hear about my raising and think it was rough, “If you like the result, you don’t argue with the method”. Kids are people. So are parents. Every damn one is different, and what works for them isn’t right for others. You did what was right overall in your situation, as proven by the results. Enjoy the fruits of your labors rather than thinking about what could have been different. All’s well that ends well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Audis aren't cheap. I think it was staged with a car that wasn't worth fixing.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OldGrayWolf,

Thank you.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,396
Posts18,488,877
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.