Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by poboy
Gas went up a dime here, just for the hell of it.

And there you have it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by Potsy
Just rolled into the speedway on i40 and filled up. No problem.
$2.69

Potsy you are over the mountains there on I 40. Are you near Knoxville? I believe that you are on a different supply line from us here in the mountains near Asheville.
Our gasoline comes in the Colonial pipeline up from Atlanta and through Spartanburg SC, they pump it in to huge storage tanks there in Spartanburg, and then tanker trucks bring it up the mountain to Asheville and Marshall.

I think your gasoline comes in from another pipeline, maybe over in the Memphis or Nashville area.

Are some of the gas stations in your area closed down? Just where on I 40 did you pull into the Speedway?

simon, just curious. Can you smell the commie stench from Asheville at your place?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
$2.69

Potsy you are over the mountains there on I 40. Are you near Knoxville? I believe that you are on a different supply line from us here in the mountains near Asheville.
Our gasoline comes in the Colonial pipeline up from Atlanta and through Spartanburg SC, they pump it in to huge storage tanks there in Spartanburg, and then tanker trucks bring it up the mountain to Asheville and Marshall.

I think your gasoline comes in from another pipeline, maybe over in the Memphis or Nashville area.

Are some of the gas stations in your area closed down? Just where on I 40 did you pull into the Speedway?

simon, just curious. Can you smell the commie stench from Asheville at your place?

Some days its strong here, prevailing winds and all. Its hard to tell the difference between that funk and the BS odor from Chapel Hill.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blindshooter
$2.69

Some days its strong here, prevailing winds and all. Its hard to tell the difference between that funk and the BS odor from Chapel Hill.

Lol. I hear ya.

That Chapel Hill funk may have a certain sweetness from all that edjumication. Kinda like anhydrous ammonia.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
$2.69

Asheville is definitely Liberal Coo Coo Land. I live way out in the country 25 miles away from Asheville. But I do have to go in to town at times. There is a great Indian restaurant downtown that we like to go to. If I want something from Home Depot, have to go in to town for that we don't have a Home Depot in Madison County.

Always entertaining to see all the tattoos and lip rings etc., every other car in town is a Subaru with a Climate Change and a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
$2.69

Asheville is definitely Liberal Coo Coo Land. I live way out in the country 25 miles away from Asheville. But I do have to go in to town at times. There is a great Indian restaurant downtown that we like to go to. If I want something from Home Depot, have to go in to town for that we don't have a Home Depot in Madison County.

Always entertaining to see all the tattoos and lip rings etc., every other car in town is a Subaru with a Climate Change and a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker.

Hilarious. Haven't been in Asheville in a while. Doesn't sound like it's changed any. Friggin liberal kooks. I remember when it wasn't that way. Doesn't seem that long ago. Must be gettin old.

Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Liberal hell holes are panic buyers. That's why they are out of gas.

Pretty ironic statement given that gun enthusiasts have been in the midst of a panic buying-induced ammunition shortage for more than six months now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Non-event here - we don't get our fuel the same way but my son does live in GA. Been a non-event for him too as he drives diesel. Data shows it's a non-event for large consumers of diesel as well - truckers. Tender rejections into the 4 most affected states are at the lowest point in a month. Carriers aren't scared to go into those states, either they get enough to go in and out or they know diesel supplies are fine. Even if you look at tenders that stay within those areas - trucks have to fill and refill in affected states - non-event for diesel.

It's a panic driven shortage for sure - I wonder how long those gas stations could have pumped on normal demand.

Me

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The fact they blamed Russia again I don't believe this for one damn minute. It was probably a Chinese or a American greenie nut.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingfisher
The fact they blamed Russia again I don't believe this for one damn minute. It was probably a Chinese or a American greenie nut.

Foreign operators aren't going to screw up a good thing. Biden is the best gift they could possibly have. If anything, they'll hack stuff to make it better for people - better chance of re-election.

Me

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Did my first fill up since first hearing of a gas shortage. Wanting to avoid lines (admittedly, didn't check local stations first), I panned to try the rural gas station about 20 minutes north of me, way out in the country, on the way to the rifle range. No lines at all. Not even a single car there other than mine. There was, however, a sign on each pump that said "Limit $30.00." So they are rationing it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Did my first fill up since first hearing of a gas shortage. Wanting to avoid lines (admittedly, didn't check local stations first), I panned to try the rural gas station about 20 minutes north of me, way out in the country, on the way to the rifle range. No lines at all. Not even a single car there other than mine. There was, however, a sign on each pump that said "Limit $30.00." So they are rationing it.

That could be a good thing.

Because if “karen and ken” are in front of you, you might not get anything.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That could be a good thing.

Because if “karen and ken” are in front of you, you might not get anything.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm sure that's exactly what they had in mind to prevent.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So by Tuesday when the stations are full of gas everywhere - what's Ken and Karen gonna do?

I wonder, if their house burned down and the ins company wanted to look and see they dropped 300 bucks on fuel 2 days before - would they claim the KnK were negligent in storage of excessive flammable material and try and fight them?

Point for insurance cross thread reference.

Me

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.