Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reivertom
Climb up there on a ladder in your underwear and whack it with a baseball bat.....that's how I get rid of them....

Haha. Beat me to it. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
😳😳😳

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have a lot of bald-faced hornets here in Minnesota and that oblong nest is odd. I don't know your location in Texas, but the distribution map shows they're not real widespread. Also, bald-faced queens start new nests each year, so one that size would most likely be last year's and dead.

Have you looked at Mexican Honey Wasps? They're south Texas, but the big oblong nest seems a better match.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've always known them as White Faced Hornets but that's just another name for the same thing. They range all the way up into Canada. Back in the 70's I helped eradicate a nest of them that was too close to the cabin my buddy lived in up in the woods. Nest was about 2 ft. high, and about 15 or 20 feet up in a tree. We got 5 or 6 guys with shotguns and fired into it all at once and ran like hell. It worked and they never returned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found a massive one hanging from a branch overhanging a bayou off of the Pascagoula River. I with my Redhawk 44 magnum, and my buddy with his 22, went to work on it. It took a while, but we dropped it.

IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
We need a close-up. 😮

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hate those evil bastards. Bald faced hornets have the nastiest venom of them all, at least IMHO.

I'd ruther have half a dozen yellowjackets bombing me than just 1 of those pricks.

I concur with previous posts, a video would be most excellent! Wear a GoPro so viewers get the full experience.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
If your sprayer will reach it lorsban will take em out. And doesn’t seem to piss em off..

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JOG
We have a lot of bald-faced hornets here in Minnesota and that oblong nest is odd. I don't know your location in Texas, but the distribution map shows they're not real widespread. Also, bald-faced queens start new nests each year, so one that size would most likely be last year's and dead.

Have you looked at Mexican Honey Wasps? They're south Texas, but the big oblong nest seems a better match.

Could be Mexican Honey wasps. I've seen those down by Monterey Mexico, but not in Texas. Even tasted their honey. Wasn't bad.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Grab a ladder, trash bag, 12 pack of your choosing, and a buddy. Drink till dark, have the buddy climb the ladder and slip the trash bag over the nest and pull it down...... Film the event...... 👍

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Dynamite. Just in case they are those Murder Hornets.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 44mc
call your ag. dep. down here some body will come out at night and suck them out for anti venom . they got 12lbs. hornets out of one on our lease

And a big hive can be worth some nice cash on flea bay.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Bald Faced Hornet is one of the orneriest critters on the planet, out done only by the Africanized Honey Bee.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MPat70
Grab a ladder, trash bag, 12 pack of your choosing, and a buddy. Drink till dark, have the buddy climb the ladder and slip the trash bag over the nest and pull it down...... Film the event...... 👍

Naw, put that sumbich in a briefcase and put the briefcase on the side of the road and film..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Redneck pinata. Some tequila w/ Lone Star chasers and a slingblade.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
You're supposed to throw a rock at it and run away laugh

I am NOT getting out of that tractor cab! grin

Glad you have a cab. Had a customer hospitalized when he dozed a tree with wasp in it. Nearly done him in. His wife told to sell the dozer and get one with a cab.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by reivertom
Climb up there on a ladder in your underwear and whack it with a baseball bat.....that's how I get rid of them....

Haha. Beat me to it. smile

Dumb hurts as it should boys. I’ve got some very good dumb hurts experience when it comes to those damn things. I’m like the little boy and the mud puddle when it comes to the hornets and just can’t leave them alone but I always win the war. One of the best was putting a garbage bag over the nest and cutting the limb off and taking it to the park and ride. One of the employees was in a pissing match with a guy there and was losing so I packed the bag back in my canopy to the park and ride. Nobody left anything in the vehicles and didn’t lock the doors or they would break the window to steal nothing so I opened the door and set the bag in the front seat ripped the bag and slammed the door. I wished I could have saw his reaction and he decided to call a truce.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What about one of those cute little yellow salt pistols we read so much about on an earlier thread...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn! That’s a big one Barry! Never seen one like that here in N. TX. Glad you didn’t get stung.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by MPat70

Naw, put that sumbich in a briefcase and put the briefcase on the side of the road and film..........

Leave it on the sidewalk out in front of negro beer joint

The ole ‘wildcat trick in a suitcase’ trick

lmao

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,215 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,222
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.