Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Quote from Sheikh Rashid “Never a truer word was Spoken”:

The founder of Dubai, Sheikh Rashid, was asked about the future of his country and he replied, "My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I ride a Mercedes, my son rides a Land Rover, and my grandson is going to ride a Land Rover, but my great-grandson is going to have to ride a camel again."

Why is that, he was asked? And his reply was, “Hard times create strong men, strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men, weak men create difficult times. Many will not understand it but you have to raise warriors, not parasites."

And add to that the historical reality that all great "empires"...the Persians, the Trojans, the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans and in later years the British...all rose and perished within 240 years. Each "rotted from within". America has now passed that 240 year mark and the "rot" is visible all around us and now accelerating quickly. We are past the Mercedes and Land Rover Years and the camels are in our yards. And 75 million Americans demonstrated that last November by voting for Biden that shows they know nothing of history or think we should all be riding camels!"

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Free stuff trumps all.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sad part, is that as the world becomes smaller through technological advances, we’re becoming the global community most of us fear. There won’t be another group to step up and take over where we pissed it away. No innovation, no exceptionalism. Just a world full of entitled sheep that WILL be led to slaughter, if for no other reason than necessity. Man should have purpose in his life and a value to his skills.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/15/21.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He is not the one who originally made that quote but I can't remember who it was off the top of my head.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Read expats of which I was one for a few years between Dubai and Qatar.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sheikh Rashid probably picked up that quote from Hopf. Hopf was a bodyguard for the Saudi royal family.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sad part, is that as the world becomes smaller through technological advances, we’re becoming the global community most of us fear. There won’t be another group to step up and take over where we pissed it away. No innovation, no exceptionalism. Just a world full of entitled sheep that WILL be led to slaughter, if for no other reason than necessity. Man should have purpose in his life and a value to his skills.

Maybe the really sad part is that our economic system requires growth, and at this stage of the world that assuredly requires globalism.

But, I can't come up with a better system right now, so I wish the future well.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Free stuff trumps all.

Until the free schitt runs out, as it always does.

Then the schitt hits the fan...............................

MM

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Free stuff trumps all.

Until the free schitt runs out, as it always does.

Then the schitt hits the fan...............................

MM

Truth, MM.

Free =‘s on credit.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Maybe the really sad part is that our economic system requires growth, and at this stage of the world that assuredly requires globalism.

But, I can't come up with a better system right now, so I wish the future well.

Our system requiring growth is not the sad part. Easy steady growth is fine. The sad part is we have allowed these people in Washington to spend, give away, and bury us in debt unchecked. It’s that massive abdication of duty that has forced us to have to grow at otherwise unnecessary levels as a country/system.
Yes, all things considered at the moment, failure of this country is not far from the horizon.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 05/16/21.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (160user, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,838
Posts18,496,789
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.