Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Went trough a flat tire rodeo last year up on Grand Mesa CO.
My bud had 7 flats in 2 days,
He had 1 tire with tire ject, 3 tires with slime on his quad, All flats in the tires with slime.
Used all the our plugs and wore out a small 12v air compressor.
Had to drive to town for more plugs, sealant, and a new compressor.
Driven on gravel roads and 50" trails. In fairness the tires were original on a 2002 quad.
He could have been on the cheapskate thread and he has still not replaced those tires.
My SXS had the Kevlar sportsman multi seal. No flats in 3 years.
At home we have the locust thorns, some cactus and the occasional antler

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

same for me. Went from constant flats to zero running this stuff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ledvm

I looked at the specs, and couldn't find much, other than put it in anything that travels under 45mph?

If it's been out there, as they say for more than 50 years, it's older technology. While I like "tried and proven", there's something to be said about the advancing technology in tire sealants.I'm sure there's lots of choices out there, and they all say they are the best. But having no dog in the hunt, and running over 100 inflatable tires on the ground in country that will poke a hole in an anvil, I have seen some actually do work better than others.

Also, I look for what can and will plug a real hole in a tire. The Tireject I use plugs a 3/8" hole. The Multiseal HD I use in my more extreme duty tractor plugs a 3/4" inch hole. Different uses for different machines.

Thought I might also mention that you probably can't mix different tire sealants. That could cause them to ball up and not work at all.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My family farms and ranches in mesquite country. We also used to own a tire service center in Jacksboro, TX that serviced ranch and oilfield trucks and equipment as well. We got free samples of every product. TRC's product is the best ever made. We have used and sold it (quit this in late 90s) since 1976. Still no other product quite as good.

Last edited by ledvm; 05/18/21.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
ledvm, where do you get it?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've never used anything but green slime and never had a flat from anything other than large punctures through the sidewall, but Rockinbar's got a lot more thorns than I do. I'd listen to him.

I use the Tireject in ATV/UTV's and have not even added air to them.

I have it in one tractor as well.

For extra HD stuff, I use Multiseal Pro2500. It's made over by you.

It'll seal a 3/4" inch hole. smile

https://multiseal.us/product/pro-hd-2500-gallon/

I did some research on tire sealants recently after purchasing a new UTV and read lots of good things about the Flat Out product which is Multi Seal's commercial version of their sealant. I ordered that but haven't put it in the tires yet. Supposedly will seal holes up to 1/2", but one selling point for me was that it lasts the life of the tire so is a one time application vs some that dry out and have to be resealed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've never used anything but green slime and never had a flat from anything other than large punctures through the sidewall, but Rockinbar's got a lot more thorns than I do. I'd listen to him.

I use the Tireject in ATV/UTV's and have not even added air to them.

I have it in one tractor as well.

For extra HD stuff, I use Multiseal Pro2500. It's made over by you.

It'll seal a 3/4" inch hole. smile

https://multiseal.us/product/pro-hd-2500-gallon/

I did some research on tire sealants recently after purchasing a new UTV and read lots of good things about the Flat Out product which is Multi Seal's commercial version of their sealant. I ordered that but haven't put it in the tires yet. Supposedly will seal holes up to 1/2", but one selling point for me was that it lasts the life of the tire so is a one time application vs some that dry out and have to be resealed.

Same with the Pro2500. One application.

They even said you could scoop it out and put it in your new tires when you wear the old one's out.. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.texasrefinery.com/products/specialty-products/tireseal/

I just get it straight from TRC. I just call or email them and they ship me a 5 gal pail. I like the original formula better than the one that uses a different antifreeze than ethylene glycol.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ledvm
https://www.texasrefinery.com/products/specialty-products/tireseal/

I just get it straight from TRC. I just call or email them and they ship me a 5 gal pail. I like the original formula better than the one that uses a different antifreeze than ethylene glycol.

Ballpark price on a 5 gallon pail shipped?

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 49 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,756
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.