Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust you're fairing acceptably, getting the weather you're requiring and all who matter to you are well.

Thanks for the well thought out and articulated post, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

For sure and certain I trust medical practitioners - doctors and folks who've been trained in chemistry, biology and such - much more than I'd trust a politician of any stripe.

That said then Steve, throughout this, I've been chatting both with my own doctor - had to see him last year for a totally unrelated minor issue - and a doctor with a strong background in science as well. They've been very helpful in aiding my understanding of the situation and yes emphatically their views changed somewhat as the situation evolved.

What I have come to not trust are folks like Dr. Tam who to me has a conflict of interest in her position with the UN and the Canadian government as well as being a doctor.

The message or perhaps better said the method of messaging from Dr. Tam is markedly different than BC's Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and for that matter Hon. Adrian Dix who is our provincial Health Minister.

Despite the fact that Premier John Horgan is very much an NDP politician, we've had much more continuity with regard to how various aspects of government directives have been communicated and then enforced.

Giving the devil his due, Horgan has for all appearances left the decision making to the scientific and medical community. We've not seen some of the suppression of personal freedoms that Quebec has faced for instance or for that matter some of the interesting stuff seen in Alberta under the watch of Jason Kenny.

Please note that's not a ringing endorsement of the current NDP in any way, shape or form. For instance as noted by my friend from up the valley- 673 - First Nations communities have been allowed to run by different rules - their own by all appearances - as well as having just passed legislation that will no longer allow us to take kids to any certified gun range. I'm working my way through the legal aspects of the gun range thing, but so help me it looks as is nobody without a PAL can shoot at an approved range in BC anymore... cool stuff there.

Anyways Steve, I am acutely aware the situation is "rapidly evolving" to say the least, but stand by my thoughts that the method and manner in which the Feds communicated with us - or didn't - gives me no faith in them whatsoever.

Lastly for sure on the vaccination issue, I attempt to be as neutral as possible when addressing it as I'm the very least qualified to make any statements on the subject. Again I respect folks who are for and against and am doing my best to understand the reasons for their positions.

Thanks again Steve and all the best to you folks out east.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
There is a measure of trust that everyone must advance. It is human nature that when we are threatened, scared, or unsure of the future, we lash out, looking for someone to blame. I believe that you are a religious man. Trust that God will look after things by guiding the doctors in the right way.

If you can begin to believe that it is not you, but the power and presence of God working through you that does all types of good in your life, you will have discovered the secret to success!

For those who are not religious, trust in those who have trained to be scientists or doctors. Know that they do not ignore any possible treatments or medicines. They are vetted. If, after a peer review, the majority agree that a medicine or procedure will help, they adopt it. If not, it is rejected. That is why we put our trust in them. We don't go to a veterinarian for car repairs. We go to a mechanic.

This might sound like a fundamentalist's view, but these distractions from the truth are reactions driven by fear. No matter who you are, you must conquer your fear before things will get better. Trust those whose job it is to find a way forward. Try not to focus on their particular personality traits. They want this over just as much as you.

Stay positive. Smile. Keep the faith.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Thanks for the reply and the real encouragement contained therein sir, I very much appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Indeed I am a believer in the God described in the Bible and am endeavoring to be the best servant possible in this and well all things in life really. Since I grew up in the church, sometimes I'll take issue with the use of religious, but I perceive you meant it in a positive way this time.

Now just why I take umbrage with the term "religious" is more something I need to work through than anything else truthfully Steve.

For sure though sir, I do appreciate your message and in fact do believe that God is ultimately in control in this and all things.

Again, my task is to be an effective servant and do what I'm supposed to be doing - which admittedly isn't always as clear to me as I'd like. grin

Thanks again and all the best to you and yours Steve.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
should someone who had covid be required to get vaccinations doctor? What happened to the educational system up in Canada? No more science classes required?

Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Originally Posted by WTM45
All we can do is vaccinate our way out of this. Those that refuse vaccinations are dooming us .

Sugar-free Koolaid?

In the latest Angus Reid poll numbers, 84% of Canadians believe as I do. And that number has been on a steady increase !

Hugh, the questions you ask are all valid They simply do not know !! It's been only little over a year since they took this seriously. .Studies do take time. But I don't think it's a conspiracy. They lack courage to confront it, and brains to understand it. The lack of courage is Greydog's pet peeve. Politicians are only average smart, likely even less than us. .

Last edited by ribka; 05/20/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Soul in a Dark Place

Into the air he screamed aloud,
But no one heard his voice.
He begged to be released that night.
The locked door gave no choice.

"Please come for me! I've lost my way!
The darkness does confound!"
But no one heard his voice cocooned,
Through the stone walls in the ground.

Oh God! Then came the rancid smell.
The Evil heard his cries.
And in the dead still darkness,
The man slammed shut his eyes.

As if a thousand corpses,
Had erupted from the grave,
Putrefaction filled the lightless room,
His soul would not be saved.

The footsteps that approached him,
From beyond the shackled door,
Struck terror and a boiling sweat,
As he fell onto the floor.

"Oh please! Oh please! Don't take my soul!"
But nothing from the maw,
Except its vulgar, stinging breath,
And touch of the Evil's paw.

The man lay frozen. Deathly still.
The Evil grabbed his throat.
And from the fetid, pitch black room,
A howling did emote.

"I smell your blood and draining life.
I feel your soul corrode.
No god can save your wretchedness,
Or make your essence whole."

Give up your life and die withdrawn
Your spirit yields to me
I devour souls and human hope
I am mans misery"

And in that cold, despairing place,
The man succumbed in course.
The Evil laughed and swallowed him,
And was strengthened by his force

Beware the places dark and foul,
Where Evil seeks repast.
His harrow is calamity,
Where souls can never last.

-copyright 2004, Stephen Redgwell

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My sister picked up a good line " You have been eating hot dogs and chicken nuggets all your life and you worry about vaccine ? "

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's a good one! laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
This was a huge opportunity for people in Southern Ontario that wanted to get vaccinated -- 2 doses -- and take pressure off of the lack of vaccine for those that want it in Canada.

I do not understand the reversal by the Public Health Agency of Canada. This is a huge opportunity that is lost. Is this a lack of courage for the right decision or a case of the government of Canada wanting to keep control of its citizens for a longer period of time through an instilled managed fear of not enough of the population being fully vaccinated?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ma...ng-vaccine-exemption-for-border-crossers

My sister picked up a good line " You have been eating hot dogs and chicken nuggets all your life and you worry about vaccine ? "

Good one -- and we drank straight from the hose as kids.

Hugh
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This is real sad—the Public Health Agency of Canada has become a political organization who obviously cares very little for the health of Canadians.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
From the article ““This provision is in place to allow Canadians who are seeking life-saving medical treatment outside of Canada.”

So, a vaccine for a pandemic virus that has shut the country down for it’s supposed lethality is not a life-saving medical treatment?

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by kkahmann
This is real sad—the Public Health Agency of Canada has become a political organization who obviously cares very little for the health of Canadians.

Yes as has our illustrious NACI, Dr. Tam, Hadju and down the list.

So when I hear ‘follow the science ‘ and ‘trust the professionals ‘ my response is that when they act like scientists instead of like politicians they will regain credibility with me (and others probably).

Whether or not I am vaccinated will be my decision based on my personal risk assessment.

Trust today’s politicians, including the ones I mentioned above? Not so much

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll kick in my 2 cents worth. I have been following the various threads on here an in other locations. As well, I have read the papers I can find ref Covid-19. (Not the MSM but medical papers etc)
I am in the fed up group most certainly. Mandate after mandate dictating what we can and can't do. I have lived my life as closely to normal as possible. I haven't had the virus nor has anyone in my family. There have been some near misses though.

I am a 60 yr old diabetic with other underlying issues. My wife is in her 60's with an immune deficiency issue. One of my sons had open heart surgery the day Alberta locked down. We are doing well.
I have been deemed an essential worker from day one as is my wife. For the vast majority of the year I faced daily threats from my employer that if anyone showed up for work then the entire crew was going home for a minimum of 14days w/o pay as we are contractors and can be replaced. Thank God that hasn't happened as I am not eligible for CERB or the replacement program due to my military pension. At the same time, I decided that if I was required to work even though I am in a compromised position then dammit, I am going hunting and fishing. I am not going to live in fear.

I received my first dose almost 3 months ago. Not due to pressure from anyone but because I want to be able to travel once the border opens. I have family in the US including elderly parents I pray I will see again soon. WRT the vaccine, I have had so many vaccines in my life starting in 1970 when we moved to Turkey for a couple of years. Then as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, I received many vaccines through my 26 yr career. Back in 1970 do you think quality controls are anywhere near where they are today? Hell no! That is a major reason I have minimal concerns about the CV-19 jab and the rapid development of it. (Excluding the AZ jab)

Are we being controlled by Trudeau, darn right, and he is going to continue the control as long as possible. The thing that scares me the most is that many people are happily accepting the control. I cannot believe people are open to the idea of requiring a vacc passport to travel domestically to shop or visit entertainment venues etc. I vividly remember the scenes from the Eastern Bloc of police demanding "PAPERS PLEASE" at random from people on the street. Do wee want that life here? I am happy to carry an International Certificate of Immunization to travel internationally. It is common already, just add a new page. But at home, here in Canada? NO!!
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Jeff, it's fair to say that a lot of people are tired of this, but honestly, I just see people blowing steam. It's frustration.

Seriously, what would you do to demonstrate your anger? Write your MP? Organize or participate in some sort of protest? What we are experiencing is happening around the world. I might feel more anger if I lived in a city, but with a couple of minor exceptions, the wife and I haven't been affected badly. You and I had it worse when we were in the service.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Jeff

Can’t argue with anything you said, we are similar in situation and attitude

Hopefully the vaccination progress eventually force progress, logic and common sense doesn’t seem to be available 😂

Lorne

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good evening Steve,
My MP is Glen Motz, a good guy.
I tend to avoid people, we haven't really had any protests here.
I express my anger and distain for the bs by going about my business, shopping when I feel the need, heading out hunting, shooting and fishing. Just living my life as normal as possible.
You wouldn't believe how many people are offended by my continuing my activities. I take pleasure in that to be honest.
I refuse to be cooped up slowly going crazy, living in fear of the virus. Living in a city would be horrible. We live in a fairly small town.
You are right, we had some tough times in the Forces but that was by choice. And, we also had some great times.
As my anger builds about life today, I just laugh at the stupidity that surrounds us. And wash my hands like always.
Have a great evening.
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Keep smiling, man. Don't let the bastards grind you down. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
There is a measure of trust that everyone must advance. It is human nature that when we are threatened, scared, or unsure of the future, we lash out, looking for someone to blame. I believe that you are a religious man. Trust that God will look after things by guiding the doctors in the right way.

If you can begin to believe that it is not you, but the power and presence of God working through you that does all types of good in your life, you will have discovered the secret to success!

For those who are not religious, trust in those who have trained to be scientists or doctors. Know that they do not ignore any possible treatments or medicines. They are vetted. If, after a peer review, the majority agree that a medicine or procedure will help, they adopt it. If not, it is rejected. That is why we put our trust in them. We don't go to a veterinarian for car repairs. We go to a mechanic.

This might sound like a fundamentalist's view, but these distractions from the truth are reactions driven by fear. No matter who you are, you must conquer your fear before things will get better. Trust those whose job it is to find a way forward. Try not to focus on their particular personality traits. They want this over just as much as you.

I am also a christian. Like Dwayne, I dislike the term "religious" for a variety of reasons. I am not anti vax, I spent 9-years in the US military and had just about every vaccine there is. The reality of the situation we find ourselves now, directly contradicts some of the things you are saying here. Just in general, some doctors absolutely do ignore treatments and or data that is a huge help to patients. I would even go as far as to say most doctors do this on some level. In a lot of cases its because they are not aware, but that is not an excuse in the field of medicine. Anyone who has an autoimmune disease and has found healing with diet knows all about this. Its a large subject with tons of data, but the truth is diet is more effective than the drugs doctors prescribe for a lot of these chronic diseases. Dr Ken Berry wrote a book on the subject that everyone should read.

When it comes to covid, they are again ignoring peer reviewed science. Not all doctors of course, but some. The data is clear on prophylactics like ivermectin and HQ. Peer reviewed science shows masks dont work, yet they ignore it all. At least the government doctors are. Listen and compare what Dr Tam says vs Dr Kory. They dot agree on much, yet they are both doctors. The difference is Dr Kory has been on the front lines from the beginning treating people, Dr Tam probably hasnt practiced for years. These are just two examples out of thousands. The difference between us is that you just dismiss the doctors and scientists who disagree with the Dr Tams and Dr Fauci's. Myself, and many others dont.

On a brighter note the Yukon Party health critic Brad Cathers, just grilled the Liberal health minister on the rollout of the vaccine passports. The Liberal minister wouldnt answer his questions in the Legislature but reporters followed up later and forced an answer. Turns out the Liberals have not talked to the privacy commission on how this will work, or even if its legal. The reporter then talked to the privacy commission and was told governments must move cautiously on this issue, and even suggested that once the emergency act is lifted, they would be illegal. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
We can be thankful that people like you are not in control of anything. The world will continue to place their trust in those who are credentialed.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah, the credentialed people are doing a great job. They have managed to spread the virus worldwide, shut down significant portions of the economy, eliminate jobs, build debt at unprecedented rates, and walk all over and manipulate their own people for political gain. Wonderful. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
We can be thankful that people like you are not in control of anything. The world will continue to place their trust in those who are credentialed.

Like I said, you would believe anything the government told you. This is what the FDA knew in October of 2020. Surely you dont discount the FDA ?? Scroll down to page 16.

https://www.fda.gov/media/143557/download

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,264
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.