Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by saskfox
Big tough internet Steve. How's your government pension these days. When are you coming to Moose Jaw? I'm sure I have friends that would love to meet you.

Dont let it get to ya. He's just trying to run you off. Its his MO. This place has become his life and identity. Thats why he tries to control every thread. Sad really. Go and read a few threads and it becomes obvious. If he didnt start the thread, or you dont agree with him, he acts like a spoiled child and starts throwing insults. His intent is to kill the thread and he will stoop to any level to do it. Anyone who has taken psychology would pick up on it right away.

Pretty good summary. Saskfox hits some good points as well

Steve is like a spoiled , sulky child.

Last edited by Lorne; 05/21/21.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Interesting thread, but I couldn’t bear to read much of it. We live in interesting times. Information and reams of it can be found in an instant. When I was young information was found in books and took much time and research to locate specifics. The internet carries much information both real and fabricated. It has been a challenge to keep informed about this crisis, the largest single event in my lifetime. I am not a doctor, not even on the internet so I cannot comment on what medical information has already been posted. What I can comment on is on how our society is evolving in regards to this crisis. We appear to no longer trust our leaders, government, bureaucrats, mainstream media, big tech and big pharma, where does this lead society? How do we move forward in such a fractured disorganized way.

If we had to fight World War 2 today the Allies would certainly lose. With so many dissenting opinions we could never rally together and overcome the challenges. To answer the original post, yes I have had enough. I’m glad I live in a rural area and feel sorry for those stuck in an urban environment in this crisis.

Take care all,
Nick

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Nick1899
We appear to no longer trust our leaders, government, bureaucrats, mainstream media, big tech and big pharma, where does this lead society? How do we move forward in such a fractured disorganized way.

If we had to fight World War 2 today the Allies would certainly lose. With so many dissenting opinions we could never rally together and overcome the challenges. To answer the original post, yes I have had enough. I’m glad I live in a rural area and feel sorry for those stuck in an urban environment in this crisis.

Take care all,
Nick

I wouldn't worry about government or medicine going forward. Rules are still in place. Having the Internet just makes it easier to read more opinions. When all we had was the newspaper, tv/radio and magazines, information travelled slower. I think we're just seeing more of it and quicker, including crackpots. Society doesn't handle social media well yet. Unvetted information gets out fast, and before you know it, everyone has heard several different versions of the same event.

If a major traumatic event happened, I am sure that we would isolate the troublemakers and look after the problem. Despite the bumps, I am confident in humanity.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For context, in the six years of World War Two we had over 44,000 dead. In one year of this pandemic we have had over .25,000. True, a lot were sick and old . But that doesn't mean they weren't a loss.

Who isn't tired of the restrictions ? I look forward to taking my wife out for dinner. I think I owe at least six dinners. But the restrictions worked in BC. The circuit breaker helped bring the daily new cases down by about 1/2.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B2

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'd hate to end up in ICU with Covid knowing I'm here because my pride or is it arrogance would not allow me to accept the medical facts concerning the pandemic. I'd have an awful long time to reconsider the errors, turning things over and over in my mind and wishing I had made better choices.

These thoughts would occur to me:

Where could I have contracted this disease? Who likely gave it to me? If my wife has it, will she die? If not - what's the quality of her life likely to be? Did I pass the disease on to her?

And just as a bonus wondering - what is my life is going to be like if I survive? Will I be a long hauler who no longer can do the activities I used to do? Will I be able to hunt? Ride my mountain bike?

And most important - What could I have done better to avoid this outcome? What precaution did I ignore??

Instead if I get the disease anyway, I would certainly feel better knowing that I had made the best possible decisions with the most informed knowledge I possessed at the time but it was just not in the cards for me to remain Covid free.

I did everything recommended by professionals I could and still live a somewhat normal life albeit with an abundance of caution, but $*** happens so I go to my maker with a clear conscience or live with the future effects on my health. I'm good with that.

I could get lucky and nothing would change. I'd be the same guy that went into the hospital and came out in good shape or maybe not even have to go in the hospital - even luckier still. Am I willing to bet on that???? Am I willing to risk that for my family??

I realize that on this thread these questions largely fall on deaf ears, but for me, this self analysis is important. Take a moment and ask yourself these questions which I can pretty much suspect will be going through many people's minds while laying on the gurney.

Do any of you find it strange that people who have contracted Covid and come out of ICU (or had relatives that did) or even just people who were very sick at home don't blow this off as just the flu? Why is that???

Oh and I don't vote Liberal, believe in a solid work ethic, am not Woke and also enjoy shooting (just for the record). grin

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by PSE
I'd hate to end up in ICU with Covid knowing I'm here because my pride or is it arrogance would not allow me to accept the medical facts concerning the pandemic. I'd have an awful long time to reconsider the errors, turning things over and over in my mind and wishing I had made better choices.

These thoughts would occur to me:

Where could I have contracted this disease? Who likely gave it to me? If my wife has it, will she die? If not - what's the quality of her life likely to be? Did I pass the disease on to her?

And just as a bonus wondering - what is my life is going to be like if I survive? Will I be a long hauler who no longer can do the activities I used to do? Will I be able to hunt? Ride my mountain bike?

And most important - What could I have done better to avoid this outcome? What precaution did I ignore??

Instead if I get the disease anyway, I would certainly feel better knowing that I had made the best possible decisions with the most informed knowledge I possessed at the time but it was just not in the cards for me to remain Covid free.

I did everything recommended by professionals I could and still live a somewhat normal life albeit with an abundance of caution, but $*** happens so I go to my maker with a clear conscience or live with the future effects on my health. I'm good with that.

I could get lucky and nothing would change. I'd be the same guy that went into the hospital and came out in good shape or maybe not even have to go in the hospital - even luckier still. Am I willing to bet on that???? Am I willing to risk that for my family??

I realize that on this thread these questions largely fall on deaf ears, but for me, this self analysis is important. Take a moment and ask yourself these questions which I can pretty much suspect will be going through many people's minds while laying on the gurney.

Do any of you find it strange that people who have contracted Covid and come out of ICU (or had relatives that did) or even just people who were very sick at home don't blow this off as just the flu? Why is that???

Oh and I don't vote Liberal, believe in a solid work ethic, am not Woke and also enjoy shooting (just for the record). grin

My wife and i both had covid. For us it really was like a mild flu. Our son in law had it too. He was sicker than we were although never hospitalized. My wife and I have both been on high dose vitamin D for a couple years now. Maybe that made the difference?? Im not sure. I think myself and many others just evaluate risk differently than you and others do.

The data is there and not even debatable any longer. Your chances of surviving covid with no interventions is over 98%. You can put a period after that, because every source out there says that now. Compare that with the fact that 1 in 4 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Heart disease is still the number 1 killer in north America. In 2019, 189 people out of every 100,000 died from heart disease in Canada. Covid, accounted for less than half that number. I dont think anyone doubts that some of the covid deaths that are included in the official numbers were people who died with covid; not from. Big difference there. So the real number is likely even less, and makes heart disease look even scarier.

Diet plays a huge role in both cancer and heart disease. If the media did a case count every single day on the number of people who die, are hospitalized or lose their quality of life because of these diseases, it would put covid in the proper perspective. The media has struck fear into the hearts of the vast majority of the population with the covid BS, yet the fast food joints, and junk food sections in the grocery stores are doing a booming business. Largely because of that, far more people are dropping dead with heart attacks than they ever will from covid. Makes absolutely no sense to me that people are scared out of their wits of covid, but totally ignore what is most likely to kill them.

The science says, and has said from day one, that people with asymptomatic covid dont spread the virus, so I dont worry about that. If Im sick I would just stay home. It should be noted, that our health officials know this. As EMTs our protocols are to go to work, even if we know we have been exposed, as long as we dont have symptoms. Doctors, nurses and home care workers have the same protocol. To anyone with any common sense, the next question would be, if thats the case, then why do people with no symptoms have to self isolate??

I've been on an ambulance crew for over a decade now. Only part time until covid, but full time since. I have yet to take anyone to the hospital because of covid, but I see heart attacks, and strokes almost daily. I certainly know what im worried about, and covid is way down near the bottom of the list.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
PSE, you made the right decision. You thought about your family, others, and are doing what the medical community recommends. That's all that matters.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Truthfully, I don't know all that many people who have had covid. This is because the vast majority have not had it. I have had several family members who did catch it but none of them were seriously ill. One was allegedly a "long hauler" but she's a bit of a drama queen so it's far from certain. Subsequent to recovering from covid, all consider themselves to be immune. So, what are the medical facts? I don't know. The reason I don't know is because politicians and health officials have lied to us. They have claimed covid deaths which were not covid deaths at all. Once they did that, they lost all credibility to me. When they refused to identify centers which had outbreaks they lost more credibility. They made rules and imposed restrictions which had little justification and lost. If officials want me to follow their "science", they have to not lie. I am not necessarily opposed to the vaccines but I am opposed to the coercive tactics being employed. I wonder at the science behind inoculating children when the evidence says they are unlikely to show any effects from the virus.
I have said, from the start, I might get a vaccination but it will only be when I can get it without standing in line and only when I can get doses at the recommended interval. Until that happens, it's a non-starter for me.
We have over a hundred people in our campground and none of them (all from Alberta) have had covid. Some are nurses, paramedics, home care providers, and firefighters. None of them are seeing a bunch of covid cases yet, on the news, their area is a hotspot. GD

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
“yet the fast food joints, and junk food sections in the grocery stores are doing a booming business. Largely because of that, far more people are dropping dead with heart attacks than they ever will from covid”

This is what I refer to as the Covid-20. The 20 pounds that I, and many others, have gained from being locked down, bored, with no exercise and little to do than eat and drink.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
GD, makes a good point. Two brothers, both of whom are doctors in Alberta have fished with us for a few years now. Their experience doesnt match what the news is saying at all.

The US is reporting about 300K excess deaths in 2020, depending on who's numbers you believe. They lay all the blame on covid, but then you hear things like, death from overdose is up a whopping 30%, and suicides up almost as much. Those would obviously be excess deaths, so what the real numbers are for covid deaths is hard to figure. Its gotten to political.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Don’t forget there is hardly any flu or influenza deaths anymore either. Some sort of miracle.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Happy Sunday, folks.
Covid is not prevalent around here either, my neice and her family are confined to there ranch in Central Alberta...all members have it.
We are rural here and and our pharmacist and staff contracted covid .
I will never push the panic button but I see no harm in getting a vaccine of which was unnoticeable to me.
I don't see any great conspiracy, government will inevitably mess up most everything....it is what they do!
When I was young they finally eradicated TB, earlier on, polio and antibiotics have saved lives
.All these treatments of the internet age would be viewed by some as suspicious. Perhaps they provide modern day solutions.
God Bless folks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure you have ridden with some drivers who accelerate then slam on the brakes when they come up to traffic stopped at the light. In Canada we have had provincial premiers whose use of restrictions was the same. Instead of rear ending a car, we had new cases and the resulting hospitalizations with ICUs filling up.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The reason for the clusterphuck is Canada's already maxed out medical system.

The stop and go opening....Canada's medical system. It would indeed be a disaster if we had people laying on the hospital floor like they show us in some of the 3rd World Countries.

We do have People sleeping in beds in hallways, we did before this Wuhan came about, so surgeries are now simply cancelled "just in case".

You could put a gun to my head and I won't take the Vaccine. If you have taken it, good for you, my decision not to receive the "Vaccine" is no issue to you nor you're loved ones, its not irradicating anything like Polio or Measles LOL. There is indeed a Political agenda to all of this.

If there were a gun to my head and I knew that day was coming, I will be waiting out in the driveway.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Given that we can be almost certain that we are being lied to about the number of cases, contributing conditions, and, in the case of deaths, the actual cause of death the response is a little less justifiable. Can we be assured that a drug overdose in which the deceased is positive for Covid is not counted in the Covid column? I don't think so. It has happened. ICU's are far from filling up.
We have a LML politicians saddling interior residents with nonsensical restrictions to no purpose and, as usual, they continue to lie.
Out of a population of five million, less than 200,000 have been confirmed to have contracted covid IN TOTAL. Since most of these are in the LML, it is relatively easy to avoid covid by simply avoiding that region and staying away from people from that region. The truth is, the number of active cases is relatively small. This doesn't mean it is smart to gather in large crowds or hang out in bars but it used to be that we were free to make those choices. We are still free to choose to be alcoholics, drug users, or morbidly obese, all of which burden the health care system as much as Covid does, if the truth is told. GD

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
For context, in the six years of World War Two we had over 44,000 dead. In one year of this pandemic we have had over .25,000. True, a lot were sick and old . But that doesn't mean they weren't a loss.

Who isn't tired of the restrictions ? I look forward to taking my wife out for dinner. I think I owe at least six dinners. But the restrictions worked in BC. The circuit breaker helped bring the daily new cases down by about 1/2.

funny how a border affects the amount of people who get and die of covid.

Funny you should compare your virtue signaling "sacrifices" with Canadians during ww 2. Of c course not one mention of the thousands and thousands of Canadian businesses and families destroyed by the covid scare and govt manipulation of data.

Can you provide the stats of Canadians who died of strokes, cancer, overdoses, alcoholism, heart disease in 2020? lol

Last edited by ribka; 05/23/21.
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
In 2020 approximately 85 thousand Canadians died from cancer. I thought heart disease was the #1 killer, but its not. Cancer is. Heart disease is #2. Cancer accounts for about 30% of all deaths in this country. Heart disease about 20%. Compared to these two diseases, covid numbers are paltry, especially when you consider 90% of those who died from covid most likely had either heart disease or cancer to begin with.

You can expect those numbers to go way up now, because so many people have not gotten the diagnostics or treatments they needed because of covid. That to me, is the worst thing that our government has allowed to happen. We see it every single day. People, especially older people with serious health problems, are so terrified of covid they wont go anywhere near a doctors office or hospital. They are dying because of it. Burying your head in the sand and pretending it isnt happening will just ensure it happens again in the future.

Last edited by yukon254; 05/23/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You Canadian conservatives are to blame this for vaccine roll-out just as we are in the states. I hope we can both change political directions in the near future.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...onservatives_ca_5fbedb65c5b66bb88c63f66d

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,878 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,613
Posts18,473,931
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.