Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Glad to hear you’ve come to your senses, Mike. Im still waiting to hear what advances you espouse that I haven’t heeded, though.

Me too.
Bob

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by jwp475
Doc, if you really believe that the physical fitness and educational level of modern humans has declined in the last 60 years we are living in different universes.

As to the modern warriors who are all hat and no cattle, actual experience trumps gun camp theorists every time.

mike r

Doc is correct and you are full of sh it

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_3293846

People Getting Dumber? Human Intelligence Has Declined Since Victorian Era, Research Suggests

You just referenced the Huffington Post. Since the Victorian era men have split the atom, walked on the moon and invented the Glock in 9mm. Get a grip.

mike r

If you like I can show it written by others but the fact is as a whole we've lost 14 IQ points since the Victorian Era

You should get a grip

Here you go.

Were the Victorians cleverer than us? The decline in general intelligence estimated from a meta-analysis of the slowing of simple reaction time

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289613000470

Last edited by jwp475; 05/20/21.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Glad to hear you’ve come to your senses, Mike. Im still waiting to hear what advances you espouse that I haven’t heeded, though.

It is obvious that you are functioning on a higher plane than any of today's trainers and that further advancement of your martial experience and skills is neither required or desired. With that I will yield the field and remain your humble acolyte.

#areallboomersretards?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MOGC
Maybe that should be changed to "any hit is a good start!"
That's a good way to word it Mog. Who ever gets lead in the fleshy parts first gains an advantage. If you do get that initial hip shot it can have the added advantage of cancelling your opponents mobility. Hit to the hip or lower spine, they're not moving so fast.it takes the initiative from them and gives you more options.

To clarify, I prefer the term “lateral pelvis” rather than “hip”, and that’s what I’ve been teaching for 20+ years. It works. It’s a relatively large target area, and fracturing the bones there (upper femur and ilium of pelvis) will put a felon on the ground very quickly. Unfortunately, it’s not exactly a non-lethal option, as many people think... the iliac and femoral arteries are right there, and if you perforate those, you can’t apply a tourniquet...

I have been told by several cops I’ve trained that they used lateral pelvis shots in OIS with excellent effect.

Doc,
Thanks for the technical clarification and tip on the iliac arteries. That's a great reminder regarding the biological complexity of that region:
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

#areallboomersretards?

mike r

Jeez, Mike, you’re a boomer, ain’t ya?

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
AS, yep.

Example: a really good copper I know personally was a member of the firearms training unit at a major metro department that adopted “my” training in the early 2000’s. I say “my” training, but everything in my school was based on readily available data, so I don’t claim Demigod status here...

Anyways, this cop had a run-in with a car thief and the kid turned on him with a knife. He says the thought that popped into his head was “Waitaminit, Doc showed me that I do not have to kill this kid,”, so he shot the kid in the lateral pelvis. His double tap shattered the kid’s hip joint and all those vessels. The kid almost died anyway, but lived. He lost his leg, though. Doing crime in a wheelchair is hard, kid hasn’t offended since.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everybody say it with me....

BooMerrrr Fight!

BooMerrr Fight!

BooMerrr Fight!

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 05/21/21.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Everybody say it with me....

BooMerrrr Fight!

BooMerrr Fight!

BooMerrr Fight!

smile

Remind me again what generation you are, young Jedi? I need to start digging up slurs and insults... wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did some training today in the heat. Figure it'll matter more in the long run than what gun/caliber/capacity ever will....

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

That's wearing my plate carrier with level 4 armor.

Getting old sucks donkey balls.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[

Jorgei,
They make 15 round steel mags for the G48.

My neighbor has them. According to him, they work fine but they are made of metal and from his research you have to change the plastic mag release button to a metal one.

jorge, that is true. We were just having that discussion at the LGS this afternoon. One of the guys is a die-hard G48 fan and claims to have put 7,000 rounds through 8 of those Shield Arms magazines in his G48 without a hiccup. He was explaining it all to another guy that wasn't aware of those magazines for his G48. Iirc, Shield Arms also makes the steel mag release.

PS- Recommendation was to buy direct from Shield Arms. Wait the one month, two months, whatever, instead of getting ripped off by a distributor.

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/21/21. Reason: Should have mentioned mfgr Shield Arms

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 27 invisible), 2,038 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,620
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.