Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My country's data, my state's data, and my county's data for total weekly deaths in Jan 2017 were never matched or exceeded by 2020 or 2021.

[Linked Image]
total weekly deaths in WA from the CDC.

Those who argue with me point out that thing were worse in Jersey and NYC.
My contention is that if persons with the flu were put in a nursing home wards in 2017 we could have beat NYC and Jersey.

Those that argue with me point out that we had a lockdown that prevented a real pandemic.
I cannot prove that wrong. But they cannot prove that right.

I would point out the lockdown for 2 weeks was to prevent hospital overflow. That never happened in 2020 or 2021. Bait and switch.

When my 90 year old father went to the hospital with pneumonia in Jan 2012, we were told the hospital was full of old people with pneumonia. He died a week later in that hospital.

How to make a hoax:
Make something ordinary seem special
Make something imaginary seem real

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RufusG
I don't think he's looking for covid-specific numbers, just the overall rate to see if it actually rose measurably over the last year. Even if they classified basically every death as a covid death, if the overall death rate didn't really change, that would tell you something.
This is the quest stated in the OP. The fundamental gross numbers of deaths. Thanks to any who might help ID sources.

I understand the posts that are aimed outside the stated target. Distrust of reported causal data and resulting frustration abound - and for good reason. No claims or predictions here - just attempting to start simple and clear.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by RufusG
I don't think he's looking for covid-specific numbers, just the overall rate to see if it actually rose measurably over the last year. Even if they classified basically every death as a covid death, if the overall death rate didn't really change, that would tell you something.
This is the quest stated in the OP. The fundamental gross numbers of deaths. Thanks to any who might help ID sources.

I understand the posts that are aimed outside the stated target. Distrust of reported causal data and resulting frustration abound - and for good reason. No claims or predictions here - just attempting to start simple and clear.

Ok I gotcha....I would think that the CDC would be a good starting point. They record the number of deaths based upon the total number of death certificates issued. I think starting with what is considered the “Gold Standard” for the compilation of the raw numbers and break it down from there. I’m sure there are a good many other places one might look to confirm or disprove the CDC ie. CIA fact book, etc. Good luck.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm

In 2020, approximately 3,358,814 deaths occurred in the United States (Table). The age-adjusted rate was 828.7 deaths per 100,000 population, an increase of 15.9% from 715.2 in 2019. The highest overall numbers of deaths occurred during the weeks ending April 11, 2020, (78,917) and December 26, 2020 (80,656) (Figure 1). Death rates were lowest among persons aged 5–14 years (13.6) and highest among persons aged ≥85 years (15,007.4); age-adjusted death rates were higher among males (990.5) than among females (689.2).

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by CCCC
Now preparing a personal effort to get to get clear understanding of actual effects and outcomes of the Covid 19 mess we all have been through. Willing to do some work here, but do not want to spin wheels dealing with poor data.

If anyone here knows of dependable sources of clean and accurate data on overall US death rates for individual years (and maybe months) for 2018, 2019, 2020 and so far in 2021, I will appreciate your providing the contact info. Reliable state by state sources could be helpful as well.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Here you go.

[Linked Image from uctoday.com]

This

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Early last year Johns Hopkins started posting graphs of daily total numbers of covid-19 tests administered, daily total number of positives, and daily deaths attributed to the covid-19 virus for each individual state and the total for the entire U.S. as a whole.

Around the middle of the year they all of a sudden not only stopped including daily covid death numbers, they even went so far as to go back and remove all death numbers attributed to covid-19 from their daily posted graphs all the way back to when they first started tracking.

They still continue to post daily covid tests administered and positives numbers graphs every day now but no covid-19 death numbers.

As to CDC's covid-19 figures being reliable, accurate and trustworthy ... Personally, I can't help but question their figures based on their political contribution history.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/17/cdc-employee-political-contributions-democratic-pacs/

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Since data and information has been weaponized we will never know the truth. A lie becomes more believable as it ages.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks AcesNeights - on target, as usual.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Waste of time. No trustworthy data out there. It's all agenda driven.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.