Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LRhunter75
I picked up a 10x mil quad. This'll be my first 10x fixed scope, so we'll see how I like it. This will also be my first scope with a mil reticle and mil turrets, so I have a feeling that'll be a big upgrade.

This'll be going on a Howa 223 (short action, not Mini). Gonna put a 20 MOA rail of some brand on it. Hard to argue with Burris XTR signatures as advocated by so many here, but I may cheap out and go with something like PRWs or Warnes.

The goal is to have a gun that's fun for young and old to shoot that might take also out the occasional yote or ground squirrel.

10x MQ is a hard act to follow (even for a NF and their schidt reticles.) wink

Last edited by Higginez; 06/07/21.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prefer the UN-Micro Bitch Howies in 223,due the COAL latitude. The Micro Bitches make a handy Grendel though,despite the Dog Schit proprietary mags. Once they get the 224 and 243 ARC's barking in that Bitch,they'll REALLY fhuqking have something,as the COAL is there. Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Howies' long suit ain't Reserve RPM,so you'll be Transonic on the windshield alone,if only for conversation. Hint.

Roll the 1913 rail with whatever inclination you can score and rock the Swiffer Low's and don't fret nothing. It'll do it all,leaving you over 30 Mil's to play with. 20+ on the erector with a 200yd zero and 10 more laying in wait in the windshield. Hint.

You'll be ruint forever,once you dabble schit that tracks,repeats and holds zero,along with guts,turrets and windshield all speaking the same language. The first reaction of EVERYONE,is to be pissed for all them years of guessing,when it's as easy as a shrug of the shoulders and KNOWING what the fhuqk is gonna happen,long before the trigger is pulled. Let that go. Hint.(grin)

Game CHANGER +P+++.......................

HiggyBaby,

NightFarce has made strides and they just might be turning the corner,though it was a fhuqking sllloooowwwwwwwww roll to get there..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

HiggyBaby,

NightFarce has made strides and they just might be turning the corner,though it was a fhuqking sllloooowwwwwwwww roll to get there..................(grin)

You almost talked me into looking at their website.

Almost.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HiggyBaby,

I rock alotta NightFarce,but always on the sly.(grin)

In fairness however,Gazelle makes some nice glass too.

If'n you don't tell anyone,I'll clue you in,that Billabong does too.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Just what reticles is NF offering worth a peak?

Can't stand a floating dot (despite all of the Snipers Hide loving that schidt) fwiw

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NightFarce actually REALLY gets alot right...if'n the 2.5-10x42 NXS was FFP,had a MQ reticle,better parallax control and more erector travel. I read about Swiffer doing capped turrets and Bushie doing locking versions of same on the Wind Knob,but it's all so confusing. Hint.(grin)

If only I had a Garden Hose Rack and a Playground,I could get down to the nitty gritty on this stuff. One would hope an Objective Party would do a video on that which is germane,sleeping bags and all.(grin)

I can do a dot floating to Port. Hint.

The Meoptika Floating Dot RULES. It'll actually save you LOTS of ammo,because can't you see anything beyond it to shoot! Hint.

Cheer up,the replacement was just as fhuqking bad(if not WORSE). Hint.(grin)

"Luckily" though,nobody makes a flip up that'll fit 'em and these drought conditions align no worries.

Reupold RULES.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Holy.

Floating.

Dot!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NightFarce LOVES Meoptika...because it makes their reticles look GOOD. Hint.(grin)

LAUGHING!....................

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 65 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,683
Posts18,534,399
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.