Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 774 of 3,925 1 2 772 773 774 775 776 3924 3925
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

I didn’t know that you could build two houses that close together.

I doubt a normal size human being could walk between those two garages
It's being done all over. The fad in some cities is skinny houses, only 8 to 10' wide.

[Linked Image from images.adsttc.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's being done all over. The fad in some cities is skinny houses, only 8 to 10' wide.

Welcome to liberal Valhalla, aka hell to the rest of us.

Last edited by Fireball2; 06/15/21.

LOL
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My retirement home in Arizona is only 299 Sq Ft
Just under 15ft X 20Ft. with a single level.
I have been a Special Building Inspector working with Ironworkers , Concrete , Masonry and a lot of other trades for over 30 years.
I have to work with the City & County Building dept. as well.
I absolutely Hate Code Enforcement they are nothing more than Nazi's
I was told by the Arizona Building dept. that I could build up to 300 sq. ft of building with out Building Permits as long as the building was not on a foundation. And up to 120 sq ft if it was on a foundation.
I know these tinny homes are in city's and fall under the Building dept and Code enforcement's jurisdiction.
But I for one am sick and tired of their over reaching Communist attitudes and will do what I need to do to avoid them at all cost.
I plan on building several 299 sq ft buildings on my property before I am finished.
The Residents up there think that I am nuts they all have huge homes most of them built before the Building dept. started cracking down on them with all of the permit crap. It takes some people 6 months to get an inspection to proceed with their home construction due to the remoteness or our property's
I found a way to work and live as I want to with out being under the thumb of some bureaucrat.
I can tell them to get the HE!! off my property if they come snooping around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by funshooter
I have been a Special Building Inspector working with Ironworkers , Concrete , Masonry and a lot of other trades for over 30 years.
I was told by the Arizona Building dept. that I could build up to 300 sq. ft of building with out Building Permits as long as the building was not on a foundation. And up to 120 sq ft if it was on a foundation.
I know these tinny homes are in city's and fall under the Building dept and Code enforcement's jurisdiction.
But I for one am sick and tired of their over reaching Communist attitudes and will do what I need to do to avoid them at all cost.
I plan on building several 299 sq ft buildings on my property before I am finished.
The Residents up there think that I am nuts they all have huge homes most of them built before the Building dept. started cracking down on them with all of the permit crap. It takes some people 6 months to get an inspection to proceed with their home construction due to the remoteness or our property's
I found a way to work and live as I want to with out being under the thumb of some bureaucrat.

That's interesting!

About a year ago, I finished gutting a 900 sq ft house, enclosed the carport to make it 1200 sq ft living area.. Everything is new from the floor joist to the ceiling joist, including siding, tin roof, and a 12x12 porch under roof. No permits needed for a remodel if you're going to live in it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I built my garage, I asked the inspector what I could build without a permit. He said that if I could move the building, it didn't need a permit. Since then I've built a small barn and a free standing carport. Neither has a foundation. They're on blocks and anchored by steel cables going down to large underground blocks of cement. I did have to get electrical permits for them but that's FAR easier. The electrical inspectors I've worked with have all been really good guys.

When I built my garage, the inspector was notorious for being a bastard. The 1st time he came out to look at my footings, I asked him what he would be looking for so I could do it his way. After that, he was very easy to get along with.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So, you hate yourself for being a Nazi?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Welcome to liberal Valhalla, aka hell to the rest of us.

A hick living up the holler in a prefab Amish garage building has better living arrangements than that. At least the hick can take a leak in the back yard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For the longest time, this was a great thread. Can we get back to memes, please.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

I didn’t know that you could build two houses that close together.

I doubt a normal size human being could walk between those two garages

That ain't a house....that's a chimney.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
For the longest time, this was a great thread. Can we get back to memes, please.

Your turn bud.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not technologically adept enough to post any.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Honest man.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Honest man.

That's what that Diogenes fellow said, too.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

So, you hate yourself for being a Nazi?

I am not Code Enforcement.
I am Hired directly by the Owner of the Buildings , Engineer and or Architect .
As there Quality Control.
I have to deal with the AZZ Wipes that work for the Building Departments and at time Code Enforcement when they show up to through their weight around.
I have had Code Enforcement write me up several times on my property in Communist Mexifornia and I have won every argument with them.
They even sent me a violation that all of my Structures were in violation of the Codes and 4 pages of filler latter told me that all violations were required to be permanently removed by said date.
It took me 2 years to get out from under that one. I called them a bunch of Nazi's in their office with about 15 other people that were written up for things. The room erupted with cheers when I called them Nazi's.
I win my arguments with them because I know how to read between the lines of the Codes and I know exactly how to twist the Codes for my advantage.
I use that knowledge on my jobs to fight against Building Inspectors and Bad Contractors against their Sub's and vice versa.
I piss everyone off on some jobs Even Company's that Hire me to do inspections for them with their clients.
I see things one way and that is in the best interests of the owner of the building I am working on and I do not care who's feathers I ruffle if they are not looking at following the Engineers designs and get the job completed in a timely manor for the owner. You could call me the Owners Brown Shirt and I would not be offended at all.
I have been Hit on the Job, Threatened with my Life on the Job , Kicked off jobs and Labs Hire me to go on jobs where other inspectors have pissed everyone off so bad that their Contracts were going to be canceled.
So they send me into the Hornets Nest to fix things. 99% of the time when the building is done the Contractors and workers want me on their next projects. Hospital Inspector of Records (IOR's) usually Love me School Inspectors (DSA) Usually love me.
City & County Inspectors Hate me.
When I retire I do not want anything to do with City Inspectors or Code Enforcement so I am doing everything I can to avoid them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 774 of 3,925 1 2 772 773 774 775 776 3924 3925

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (007FJ, 44mc, 808outdoors, 7887mm08, 35, 10Glocks, 10 invisible), 1,257 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.