-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When stupid people have dogs and pick up guns.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Then you better not ever let your dog run loose.

Around here they tend to just disappear and nobody ever knows what happened to them.

Although I did call the County Sheriff once when the shot dog got beyond my property line without dying, just to get a report on record in case the owner followed the blood trail back to my property.

I still have pics of the chewed on cows if someone thinks shooting is unwarranted. Fugging dogs. I took me three days to rebuild the three stretched four wire barbed wire fences the dogs ran them through, with one dog hanging from a cow's throat most of the way.

Yep, SSS was a thing before Hornocker started trapping wolves and moving them into Idaho.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sir I agree with you totally protecting your livestock my father inlaw used to have race horses he had plenty problems with dogs and he put them down. When they get in a pack they especially can be à problem.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I would have expended one more round and saved myself a vet bill! Leashes and Hi Vis goes a long way, though I can understand the not putting a leash on a dog in the backcountry, we never did.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Sir I agree with you totally protecting your livestock my father inlaw used to have race horses he had plenty problems with dogs and he put them down. When they get in a pack they especially can be à problem.

Yes they can. As a teenager, my buddy and I took out with our .22's 4 dogs of a pack of 5 (THAT 5th one was a real fast runner!) that were attacking a sheep on a ranch that we were hunting on, just out of town. We also put down the mortally injured sheep, then reported all the above to the ranch owner. Since we did kill the sheep, there was some indecision there on our part initially, but that sheep was unsalvageable,by our estimation, but after the owner looked over the situation, we were good....

Keep in mind the town's population was about 400 at the time (300 now). We knew all the dogs, and their owners.

No hesitation if the dog is an active threat, but otherwise...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Agree you should not allow you dog loose in this situation.

^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^

Keeping your animals close at hand eliminates
all the what-ifs and speculation

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Malamutes and Huskies look like wolves to me. And worse than that they act like them. Especially when my neighbors let them breed with their Pit Bulls. Don't mix well with cattle and deer.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I hunt wolves in Ontario great fun. They take down bull Moose. The states I have hunted in where they have been reintroduced and especially not hunted and they basically hate them, and deal with them.....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Potsy
If that was the dog in the pic, they should have had something a bit more hi-viz on it identifying it, but I guess the tall and heavy among us should also start wearing bells and blaze orange, lest ye be mistaken for Sasquatch.

Guy with the gun was the one that shoulda stayed in town. We have plenty of coyotes here and I have no trouble telling one from a dog. I don’t figure it’d be much different with wolves.
The caption with the photo said it's the dog. I wouldn't have any problem telling it from a wolf but I'm much more familiar with what a wolf looks like other than 4 legged and sort of gray.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I shot a wolf, in central Idaho, a few years ago.....full grown female. When I walked up on it, the first thought that flashed through my mind was that I shot a malamute. Spitting image of the pic posted of the shot dog....other than the obesity issue, it has.

If I wasn't such a tech retard, I'd post a pic of it....

Andy3

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Too bad for the dog.He was just doing dog stuff.His owner and the shooter should be whipped for being stupid and ignorant.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I agree, tried to load à link of à wolf I shot link showed but you couldn't click on it and make it work. Maybe I'll figure it out later.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They sell super hi visibility dayglo collars for cheap, might help. In the villages around NW Alaska, there are lots of mix breed malamutes and husky types....and more than a few horribly scarred kids that can testify how adorable those breeds are.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If my dog runs into your camp and is intimidating, shoot him.
Dog owners are responsible for their livestock, no matter how fat,or cute, they think it is.

Only funny part is even trying to justify it by saying they thought it was a wolf. Shooting a nuisance dog doesn’t require any explanation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by catosilvaje
Somebody shoots my dog they will never hear the the next shot. Stupid bunch of jayhawkers.
Originally Posted by Backroads
Only funny part is even trying to justify it by saying they thought it was a wolf. Shooting a nuisance dog doesn’t require any explanation.
I'm with you Backoads but it looks as if this catosilvaje dude has the attitude of a ghetto mom when her precious son gets shot while requisitioning another man's goods.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Free range dogs, wolves, and coyotes are all fair game...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Failures on both ends. Number one, CONTROL YOUR FACKING DOG. Then the rest would not have followed.

Friend of mine had a malamute, Sam. Sam was huge, super athletic, smart, just a great dog with his pack, but had "something" in his makeup that was off. Sam looked at kids kinda funny, smaller dogs kinda funny, and other potential meals kinda funny, pretty much stalking behavior. Finally, Sam initiated take on another dog, and got within feet. Dog was frozen. Friend yelled, Sam instantly veered off, but his wife had looked at Sam from the front and saw something scary.

So that night my friend took Sam for a final walk to a favorite hilltop with his 44 mag and a shovel.

As for the poster saying "Don't shoot my dog" -- please understand rule number one.

Last edited by Dave_Skinner; 06/17/21.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Somebody shoots my dog they will never hear the the next shot. Stupid bunch of jayhawkers.

Amen to that! I'd be the last thing they never say.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DCAN59

Amen to that! I'd be the last thing they never say.
You would shoot a man for shooting your free ranging dog that was attacking his animals? He would have a gun also and be on his own property or camp. Sounds like murder or hopefully just attempted murder.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The winner would be the one with the plan and the excavator. GD

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.