Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dale06

I lived in Oregon 40 years ago.
Forgot, why can you not pump your own gas?

The gas dealers organization got the state to make it a law.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I just returned from Oregon. It is very weird to hand your credit card to a guy that pumps gas for a living. Many of those guys also washed the windshield! I gave those high achievers a dollar. I actually enjoyed the Oregon coast and never felt uncomfortable. Maybe the folks outside of the big cities are human like. Who knew?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
You can't pump your own gas in New Jersey, it's far from full service!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I just returned from Oregon. It is very weird to hand your credit card to a guy that pumps gas for a living. Many of those guys also washed the windshield! I gave those high achievers a dollar. I actually enjoyed the Oregon coast and never felt uncomfortable. Maybe the folks outside of the big cities are human like. Who knew?

You missed the excitement today in Coos Bay. 3 dead and they are now looking for the guy (after he burned a stolen pick up). He shot one guy, stole his pickup, ran over 2 others (killing one and critically injuring another), went to a Cannabis store, killed another person, then went to Big 5 and bought more ammo before heading north and ditching the stolen pickup outside of Eugene.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logger

You missed the excitement today in Coos Bay. 3 dead and they are now looking for the guy (after he burned a stolen pick up). He shot one guy, stole his pickup, ran over 2 others (killing one and critically injuring another), went to a Cannabis store, killed another person, then went to Big 5 and bought more ammo before heading north and ditching the stolen pickup outside of Eugene.

Had to stop for some more dope during his killing spree ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No and it sounds like you might have to contact a fkcukin lawyer to figure out where you can and can't pump yer own gas, for all thing holy.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pumping gasoline is awfully dangerous..... Whenever it comes up for vote there's an abundance of ads. Used to be a hot blond chick getting some petrol on her. Nowadays, prolly a phaegit getting scared by an evil whitey vaping, saved by a pair of butch dykes.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton

The gas dealers organization got the state to make it a law.

I don't think gas dealers support no self serve.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Self pumpers can be dangerous sometimes. Of course paid pumpers aren't all perfect either. A couple months ago In Utah I was behind a woman at a Costco when she drove off with the hose in the tank. Luckily the pump was off when the hose broke. Then we've seen the video of the woman filling plastic grocery bags with gas and putting them in her trunk.
I just read that OR's law was passed clear back in '51 because legislators thought their constituents were too stupid to do it themselves. The didn't word it that way but that's what it meant. It was also for creating unneeded jobs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

makes jobs for those too stupid to do any other type of manual labor....where you don't have to use any intelligence they don't have anyway...

on the other hand, does any Oregon resident think they would trust Queen Kate Brown to pump their gas, or pump her own gas?

I certainly wouldn't....and that is our dumbass Governor.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by logger

Had to stop for some more dope during his killing spree ?

"No legalizing Dope, is not dangerous, and in fact decriminalizes the use of it, has decreased violent crime dramatically".. according to Queen " Let them eat Cake" Kate Brown...

and the DemocRat Faithful continue to believe and follow all the leftist Bullschidt lies like it gospel.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,477
Posts18,529,614
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.