Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Front end is really an eye sore. I don't know why they don't stick to a basic design like the 94 Toyota P/U I owned. If someone wants a bunch of useless plastic bling, there are plenty of after-market parts for that crowd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I wonder if they worked on the gas MPG ?

You can't have power and fuel efficiency at the same time. It's either one or the other.

Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Ford sucks, Dodge sucks, Toyota sucks. Chevy's the best... The best I says so GFY and LOL...

I'd push a Toyota before I'd buy an OM (Obama Motors) bought with my own money.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You can't have power and fuel efficiency at the same time. It's one or the other."

I'd agree and disagree. Maybe you can't have them at the same instant, but you can have them in the same automobile. That's the beauty of modern turbocharging. When you demand the power, that smaller, forced-induction engine is drinking fuel like it's a larger engine. When you don't demand the power, like when you are cruising, the turbos aren't spooled up and aren't cramming that extra air, so the engine can run more like a typical naturally aspirated small-displacement engine. I've seen it in comparing my 3.5L V6 Honda with the newer 2.0L Turbo I-4 Honda I had. The forced induction engine had better torque but also got about 15-20% better fuel economy in daily driving. The boosted Ford V6 models vs. the 5.0L in the F150 show similar traits, being more torque down low and better overall MPG when not flogging the engines. On the downside, you do have more moving parts to worry with, and you see less of an MPG gain when you are working the boosted engines hard.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are full of [bleep].

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have anything against Tundras but that thing is Fugly. Maybe they will look better in person.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
opinions are just that.i owned ford,chevy and then dodge over the last 40 years.i have owned dodge rams the last 17,would never of owned a dodge 22 years ago.i have owned 2 ram 1500 hemis and now a cummins diesel 2500 the last 2 years.best trucks i ever owned in every aspect.wont buy anything else ever again.might not have too,this diesel might give me 400 thousand miles.the 1st one had body rot in the fender wells after 8 years,the secong after 6 years nothing.this new diesel is a beast and quiet and comfortable.we all have a preference and some blind to a fault.personally i find ford and chevy inferior.if not the dodge i bought last it would of been a toyota.sorry but its my own opinion and im entitled to it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No in
Originally Posted by slobob63
opinions are just that.i owned ford,chevy and then dodge over the last 40 years.i have owned dodge rams the last 17,would never of owned a dodge 22 years ago.i have owned 2 ram 1500 hemis and now a cummins diesel 2500 the last 2 years.best trucks i ever owned in every aspect.wont buy anything else ever again.might not have too,this diesel might give me 400 thousand miles.the 1st one had body rot in the fender wells after 8 years,the secong after 6 years nothing.this new diesel is a beast and quiet and comfortable.we all have a preference and some blind to a fault.personally i find ford and chevy inferior.if not the dodge i bought last it would of been a toyota.sorry but its my own opinion and im entitled to it.

It’s all relative to personal experience and personal need.
If I don’t need a 3500 to pull equipment every other day, I could easily live happily ever after with a diesel cruiser 70 series.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s ugly as [bleep], but how you’re seeing similarities to an F150 I have no idea. Only people I know driving F150’s are beta males thinking a 1/2 Ton truck is badass and blonde tramps with tattoos on their wrist.

If I owned a Ford I’d want to find some connection to a Toyota too, but JFC, this is a real stretch.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Other than the Cummins power plant Dodge/ Ram has no redeemable value. They’re the epitome of Union made Scheit. Aisin transmissions suck cock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
It’s ugly as [bleep], but how you’re seeing similarities to an F150 I have no idea. Only people I know driving F150’s are beta males thinking a 1/2 Ton truck is badass and blonde tramps with tattoos on their wrist.

If I owned a Ford I’d want to find some connection to a Toyota too, but JFC, this is a real stretch.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! WTF is wrong with blonde tramps with tattoos on their wrist? Let's try to keep the ugliness to the topic of trucks and not impune the ladies.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Oh boy, another brand loyal truck thread. I can never get enough of these.

It's what makes a man, like so many trivial things here... How does one GAF what another chooses to buy with their money?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

It's what makes a man, like so many trivial things here... How does one GAF what another chooses to buy with their money?

Truth. I like to argue about cost of ownership and such, because that’s how I’m wired ( copper wire was invented when two Dutchmen found a penny!). I can’t fathom buying a fully loaded $80,000 half ton pickup. If for no other reason than that I would put dents, dog hair and pin-stripes on it the first week I owned it. A truck is a tool., and I’ll darn well use it as a tool.

But if someone wants to drive a truck without ever using it as a tool; well, someone needs to pay for that new-truck smell......... just because I can’t wrap my penny pinching brain around it doesn’t mean it’s any of my business what someone else does with their money.

Even if it’s retarded.... wink.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

The Permian Basin, where almost 30% of US oil production comes from, is FULL of F150's. Occidental Petro probably has 300 of them. Actually there's a lot of Chevy/GMC and Ram trucks out here that actually do work as well. We see a scattering of Tundra's, most of the time they're at the convenience store filling up with gas.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
I
I
No one cares about what someone else drives until they don't drive an XX. Same with scopes, rifles, and whatever. TFF

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Other than the Cummins power plant Dodge/ Ram has no redeemable value. They’re the epitome of Union made Scheit. Aisin transmissions suck cock.

curious here jack , you ever owned a Dodge or Ram ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd run it. Maybe into a big oak tree. But I'd run it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It’s ugly as [bleep],.

Not quite as U G L Y as my 00' flatbed Frontier, but U G L Y nonetheless.
Guess I'm stuck for a while until the 'truck crazy' subsides a bit.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM

Eerily similar to the optics forum. 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by walt501

Yesh, It's so bad Ford outsells the Blundra 7 to 1.

And Biden got a lot of votes.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,198
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.