Ya don't wanna get Corona with Lyme.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Be careful out there.

Ya don't wanna get Corona with Lyme.

LOL !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Get yourself some fire ants. That’ll take care of your tick problem 😁

probably why i haven't seen any in years.

Yep. That’d be my guess. Haven’t seen one in years.

Now if we could just get rid of the damn chiggers !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There are LOTS in my area. I stay out of the woods with the exception of riding my ATV on my trails. I got 5 bites so far and found quite a few on my clothes. All the bites were just started and picked off easy, they weren't buried in. Still the bites stay itchy and swollen for weeks. I get tested for Lyme once a year when I have blood drawn for my annual physical. I hate those vile little things.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't like to get chemicals on me. I have used DEET many times in my misspent youth. I am hearing advice on several other chemicals that you can douse yourself with.
I get 10 to 15 tick bites per year and they have never made me sick yet, although, I know that they can. Some things are worse than tick bites, no way I am spraying those chemicals on my clothes and running around in the woods for 10 hours.

Twenty years ago, I was made very sick by lead poisoning and I still don't know how I contracted that ailment. No way I am spraying the DEET or other noxious chemical on my skin or clothing.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I don't like to get chemicals on me. I have used DEET many times in my misspent youth. I am hearing advice on several other chemicals that you can douse yourself with.
I get 10 to 15 tick bites per year and they have never made me sick yet, although, I know that they can. Some things are worse than tick bites, no way I am spraying those chemicals on my clothes and running around in the woods for 10 hours.

Twenty years ago, I was made very sick by lead poisoning and I still don't know how I contracted that ailment. No way I am spraying the DEET or other noxious chemical on my skin or clothing.

Hose all your schit with Permethrin.

It will be a lot better than the schit a tick from the east coast can give you. Especially if you’re old.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If a single woman visits the farm, a “check you for ticks” is mandatory. I get all kinds of “thank you” sex for removing even a single tick .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BobBrown
If a single woman visits the farm, a “check you for ticks” is mandatory. I get all kinds of “thank you” sex for removing even a single tick .

lot of ticks in your cistern?

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Methed out whores tend to be appreciative.

Beaver’s a perfect example.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We have lots of ticks here. I go around the outside of my yard and spread tick granules every year. Spread then around the house too. Never get ticks in the yard and repels ants from coming in the house. At deer camp we spread tick granules over the whole yard never have to worry about them.
Our dog gets medicine that kills ticks if she has one bite her.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
SOBs got six off and out of me from this mornings trek .
Going to have to resort to spray , dam it .
Kenneth

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Holy [bleep] , ole lady just came home and found five more bit in . Definitely going to spray now , wasn’t in the woods but 2 hours or less .
Kenneth

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was working in the yard for an hour or so 2 days ago, wife checked me and I check myself, (found one) took a shower and later still found a little one bit in!
Worst I have seen them in years

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Years ago it was rare to even see the smaller deer ticks in northern WI., but the wood ticks were common enough. Now the smaller Lyme carrier small deer ticks are everywhere up north and a lot harder to spot. I blouse my socks over my pants legs before I walk around in the woods now that and long sleeves keeps them on the outside before they get me.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have a boy in our scout troop who just came down with Rocky Mtn Spotted fever from a tick bite. Yesterday he had a fever of 103. Thank God for modern antibiotics.
Spotted fever is actually a rarity, about 2000 cases nationwide in an average year and most of those in the south. Regardless of the name, its actually rare in the Rockies.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just heard about a trick to do with duck tape. You wrap it around the bottom of your pants leg and sleeves with the sticky side out. The idea is that it works like fly paper and the ticks get stuck to it before they can crawl up your pants. May try that as I have nothing to loose

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Get you some chickens and Guinea fowl and you won't find any of those little bastards.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 30338
I started spraying clothes with Sawyer and letting them dry in the sun. Wearing those socks, pants, and shirts in KS with a lot of ticks present. Zero ticks on me.

Keep in mind that light, especially sunlight diminishes the effectiveness and duration of Permethrin.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not to keen on chem dousing. What about dusting with Diatomaceous earth? Old timers I knew would use sulfur dust.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Diatomaceous earth isn't going to scratch them to death just being on your clothes.

DEET is nasty but 40% or better applied properly and on schedule works. If you use concentrated permethrin to blend your own, use caution. I accidentally spilled a little on my hand once mixing up a tank for the garden. That spot was numb for half an hour. I would get the permethrin concentrate that isn't in a petroleum solution. It doesn't stink as bad.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,268
Posts18,486,569
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.