Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I had one in our old house and now our new house for 16 years. The wife wont go out there and use it. I dry almost all my clothes on the line. My T shirts and flannel shirts are dry in 1/2 hour most sunny breezy days. Jeans take about 4 hours. I even put out my jeans in winter time and amazing they dry pretty good , even last year when it was 16 below F. If I take them out when the jeans are warm, the jeans are almost dry in an hour or so. I dont know why, but the liberals in the city have ordinances against clothes lines. They want wind power and demand the wind mills are way out in the country where i live, but refuse to have them along Lake Michigan , cause it's unsightly.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When I was a kid my mom used a ringer washer and hung the clothes out on the line. Some fond memories. (for me lol)

Wife tried the lines for a couple years off and on but with reliable power, and cottonwood and other shidt in the air the drier made more sense.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Schit kickers.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
When I was a kid my mom used a ringer washer and hung the clothes out on the line. Some fond memories. (for me lol)

Wife tried the lines for a couple years off and on but with reliable power, and cottonwood and other shidt in the air the drier made more sense.

Grandmother still had one of those when I was a kid. Remember having to help her.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Grandmother still had one of those when I was a kid. Remember having to help her.

When we lived with grandparents, I pumped many a washtub of water for the ringer washer and then you had to pump a tub for the rinse water. After 2-3 loads, you emptied the washer, put the rinse water in the washer, and pumped more rinse water. Pump long slow strokes to keep the water clear.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i ripped mine down by driving the truck under it last fall. wife just commented today she wants it back up.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got one. Nothing like the fresh air. No need for dryer sheets or softener.

Close lines are against the law here.
What they can't see won't hurt them.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/26/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Why would a clothesline be against the law? HOA?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We don't have one in town.

Out at the farm the uprights are railroad rail, been there years before I was born. Still straight and in use during the warm months.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Why would a clothesline be against the law? HOA?

Good question.
I doubt if they have a good answer.
I suspect that it has something to do with the communist UN Agenda 21 as in 2021.
It's a city ordinance. The other cities have the same thing on their books I'm told.
They want a complete control of the tiny minutia of everybody's lives down to how much water is used in a shower to whether you can air dry your very own clothes outside.
Example, An old girlfriend's property was zoned into city limits, probably 4 miles away. I constructed a line that would be hidden as much as possible when in use and retracted back into the tool shed when not used.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/26/21.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PS:. I use a very heavy gauge solid aluminum wire.
It gets wiped down with a vinegar soaked rag before every use to get rid of any potential mites. Rarely does a bird land on it. Thats all the maintenance it requires and should outlast me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't. Laundry won't dry in incessant rain and the howling winds will blow it away.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Can't. Laundry won't dry in incessant rain and the howling winds will blow it away.

Well, that's why shirts have sleeves and pants have legs. Just tie a good knot and run them up the flag pole!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 75 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,907
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.