Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
When enough customers ask me the same question over and over, by phone, email and on social media, it tells me there is some confusion about a certain facet of bowhunting so I fore up the video camera and provide them answers and insight. You get to benefit from that.

In this case, it centers around single bevel performance.

To that end, Im being approached by more and more broadhead makers that want to partner with me to improve their offerings to both make them better and sharper.

This is one such example.

Then I get to work with a variety of entertaining bowhunters that are real ambassadors to the sport. Ive helped these guys up their broadhead game. I enjoy their content and not just because they mention me but because they care about sharp.

If you are headed to Reno Nevada, look me up. Im giving a seminar at the Pope and Young 60th convention titled "Maximizing broadhead lethality"

While there, Im sponsoring (actually my bowhunting company that I dare not name as it will trigger a few tender hearts here) the Friday night Awards Banquet. If your a Pope and Young Member, stop by and say high.

Im also in the process of working with the Professional Bowhunters Association on some future efforts. Bowhunting has been very good to me and Ive been able to give back to many Local, state and national orgs. and I couldnt be more proud of the work being done. Ive enjoyed a great deal of success thanks to the sport of bowhunting and giving back is important. While I cant give back here in a financial way, I can share my knowledge and experiences with you. (despite how a few protest such information sharing)

There are a lot of exciting things happening in the bowhunting world and while many here dont bowhunt, im pleased with the direction the broadhead maker community is going. Its been a joy to work with more and more of these companies that are focusing on quality and lethality rather than how much profit they can make by shipping manufacturing over seas.

Consider taking up the sport of bowhunting.

**Edit** June 30th. Today I (my bowhunting company) just signed on as a national sponsor to Raised at Full Draw's youth camps in an effort to introduce more youth to the sport of hunting with a bow and arrow.

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter.

Now, I will predict the usual peeing and moaning an whining (many here have been patterned) and Its almost funny how I can control them and their emotions. A few here (and they know who they are) have contacted me via PM. They pretend to be one thing here and another in private messages.

Like this joker.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/30/21.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
good videos on how to sharpen broadheads ! thanks for posting,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, good one shart!!! I like how you made it look like you were blacking out my name, but let it show through. That took some graphics skills, but too bad your skills weren't good enough to erase the tell-tale partial image of the PM with your name on it and the same time stamp as my supposed PM. That was amateurish.

I changed your post to "twinkies and oreos" and you got me back by making up a PM with my name on it. Now we're even.

And just FYI, I get any advice I need on bow setup from the local shop where I bought my bow, and where I get my arrows. They're excellent and not full of shart like you are. It wouldn't make sense to ask for advice from an internet shart stain like you when I have a resource like that right nearby, with their own indoor range.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i think sharp things does fine with what he post on here ,he is never negative always remains positive with his posts and replies. as far as pro shops go myself i have my own 20 yard range,all the equipment to set-up any brand bow up new or old. if you really wanna become a good archer maybe even a great archer you learn your own equipment ,build your own arrows and practice plenty . after 55 years of archery hunting, competing in archery , teaching and coaching some to become state champions in the harder free style classes i have not seen many pro shops that are that good at service , tuning or teaching archery anymore and that includes shops out west, most pro shops are only after the mighty buck ! so free information from Sharp things is kinda nice to get and thanks again Sharp Things ! Pete53

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53
i think sharp things does fine with what he post on here ,he is never negative always remains positive with his posts and replies. as far as pro shops go myself i have my own 20 yard range,all the equipment to set-up any brand bow up new or old. if you really wanna become a good archer maybe even a great archer you learn your own equipment ,build your own arrows and practice plenty . after 55 years of archery hunting, competing in archery , teaching and coaching some to become state champions in the harder free style classes i have not seen many pro shops that are that good at service , tuning or teaching archery anymore and that includes shops out west, most pro shops are only after the mighty buck ! so free information from Sharp things is kinda nice to get and thanks again Sharp Things ! Pete53

So you'd rather get advice on the internet from some dickhead convicted poacher than your local archery shop.

Somehow, that's not surprising. To each his own.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by smokepole

So you'd rather get advice on the internet from some dickhead convicted poacher than your local archery shop.

nope i have my own small archery/gun shop with a FFL license, rifle range ,small heated / air conditioned indoor 20 yard archery range i don`t go to any archery shop when you live in the country you learn to do things yourself , sometimes i help kids learn to shoot a bow or a gun too . i also have know problem with polite positive people either, being positive and polite maybe try it sometime you might start too feel more like a likeable positive human being ? good luck ,Pete53

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's funny pete. You kiss ol' shart's butt regularly on here and he's one of the most smarmy, offensive dickweeds who posts here.

If he wasn't that way he wouldn't catch so much grief from me or the others on here who share my opinion of him.

Oh yeah, and there's that shooting deer over bait illegally thing that he denies responsibility for. That may have something to do with it too.

So why don't you direct your advice to him, I don't need it. There are very few people on here I don't get along with.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by smokepole

nope i have my own small archery/gun shop with a FFL license, rifle range ,small heated / air conditioned indoor 20 yard archery range i don`t go to any archery shop when you live in the country you learn to do things yourself , sometimes i help kids learn to shoot a bow or a gun too . i also have know problem with polite positive people either, being positive and polite maybe try it sometime you might start too feel more like a likeable positive human being ? good luck ,Pete53

I actually feel embarrassed for you...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Actually, his story has changed since 2012 when he posted this....

"I did a stupid and boneheaded thing, thinking I was helping out my Dad. Like I stated earlier, wanting to help him made me justify his actions on his behalf. I was wrong."

Nowdays he is an even bigger douchebag and narcissistic fool.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, you guys need to listen to pete and be more positive.

Along those lines, I'm going to follow pete's lead and ask 'ol shart for some advice on something where my expertise is lacking.

Shart, where can I get cracked corn at the best price? And when I'm hunting over it, how do I avoid getting a citation from the game warden?

Oooops, looks like you can help me on the first question, but you're not so good with the second, LOL!!

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
> A wise man is frequently humbled < Smokepole what happened to you ?

why not give Sharp Things a break he seems to not be doing anything wrong now ? the past is over you guys hold grudges to long or is it your jealous ?

i do like these little videos he post ,they are kinda educational.

Last edited by pete53; 06/30/21.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
pete, shart stain is an a**hole. You don't see that, but that's not my problem. I wish I could show you the PM string he's been sending me, full of juvenile insults, calling me a POS, etc.

But I can't because I deleted it, life is too short to put up with his juvenile BS. And right after I deleted it, your boy sent me the message below. Open your eyes pete, the guy is a weaselly little dickhead.

The one thing all the little dickheads like him have in common is, they get off saying things online that they'd never have the balls to say face to face.

Originally Posted by sharp_things
I dont blame you for tucking tail now. Im glad I was able to educate you even if the truth upsets you. I think it was for the best and you dont have to live in ignorance any longer. You are welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions. Im here for you tiger.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone who takes ShartThings seriously needs to seed psychiatric help. Just reading through his posts is laugh out loud funny. He’s a joke! I would love to see Mr Fatass adventure bow Hunter try his wares in the western mountains I hunt. He wouldn’t last 10 minutes.

Shart Things stick to what you’re good at, all you can eat buffets and poaching.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He's actually never posted anything from a real hunt.

Just tame moo cows, fenced in elk, and neighborhood deer that bed in yards and his soon to be 20 yard shots over a waterhole in Africa out of a blind shooting critters dying of thirst fulling knowing someone's gonna arrow them. Tough hunting that is.

While eating large amounts of pizza. Gotta maintain the jowels....

He just shoots bows, he doesn't bow hunt...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Genius!

Attached Images
00small62513320.jpeg.jpg (34.47 KB, 149 downloads)

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

As a

Originally Posted by sharp_things
When enough customers ask me the same question over and over, by phone, email and on social media, it tells me there is some confusion about a certain facet of bowhunting so I fore up the video camera and provide them answers and insight. You get to benefit from that.

In this case, it centers around single bevel performance.

To that end, Im being approached by more and more broadhead makers that want to partner with me to improve their offerings to both make them better and sharper.

This is one such example.

Then I get to work with a variety of entertaining bowhunters that are real ambassadors to the sport. Ive helped these guys up their broadhead game. I enjoy their content and not just because they mention me but because they care about sharp.

If you are headed to Reno Nevada, look me up. Im giving a seminar at the Pope and Young 60th convention titled "Maximizing broadhead lethality"

While there, Im sponsoring (actually my bowhunting company that I dare not name as it will trigger a few tender hearts here) the Friday night Awards Banquet. If your a Pope and Young Member, stop by and say high.

Im also in the process of working with the Professional Bowhunters Association on some future efforts. Bowhunting has been very good to me and Ive been able to give back to many Local, state and national orgs. and I couldnt be more proud of the work being done. Ive enjoyed a great deal of success thanks to the sport of bowhunting and giving back is important. While I cant give back here in a financial way, I can share my knowledge and experiences with you. (despite how a few protest such information sharing)

There are a lot of exciting things happening in the bowhunting world and while many here dont bowhunt, im pleased with the direction the broadhead maker community is going. Its been a joy to work with more and more of these companies that are focusing on quality and lethality rather than how much profit they can make by shipping manufacturing over seas.

Consider taking up the sport of bowhunting.

**Edit** June 30th. Today I (my bowhunting company) just signed on as a national sponsor to Raised at Full Draw's youth camps in an effort to introduce more youth to the sport of hunting with a bow and arrow.

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter.

Now, I will predict the usual peeing and moaning an whining (many here have been patterned) and Its almost funny how I can control them and their emotions. A few here (and they know who they are) have contacted me via PM. They pretend to be one thing here and another in private messages.

Like this joker.

What's the professional bowhunters association? You mean PBS? I hope not, I've been a member 40 years. it saddens me if you are working. with them

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Making up a fake PM, then posting it openly is pretty low dude.....

It is entertaining though.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 70 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,783
Posts18,495,955
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.