Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Personally hundreds of TSX's , not that many compared to others. Just the ones I loaded for my rifles and for my friends. As far as the E-tip I have not seen any in real life let alone shoot any. What I am relaying is what is being relayed to me by the testers at Nosler and by the different gun writers who tried them in Texas and various parts of Africa. Reports have been very positive with the bullet's highlights which I stated above. As far as enthusiasm ...yeah it does get the best of me sometimes...... Hey I am human.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Why should I choose the E-Tip over the Partition, and why would I choose the E-Tip over the Barnes TSX, or the Swift A-Frame, or the North Fork?

AD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have too much regard for Nosler bullets as well as the company to think they would nickel-and-dime me for advertising.

I have known about POP's mod status over there for a long time, and I had already asked him once or twice to refrain from promotional posting, to which he agreed. I am very surprised by his hanging multiple identical posts on the 'Fire, as he knows it is against policy, and I have consolidated them here. This clearly is a breach of our agreement.

POP, I would have been GLAD to posts a press-release from Nosler re the E-Tip. MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO IT.

I will assume you're flying solo, so I direct this to you, once again:

"Promotional posts are reserved for paying advertisers only."

Please have the good folks from Nosler contact me, and I will be GLAD to work something out with them so they may make these types of announcements, as we are ALL interested.

There's no reason to transact on this level, and I can't imagine Nosler sanctioned this.

POP, you know better.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You should not choose the e-tip over anything that is working great for you already!

I am just updating on it's availability, not selling them!

By the same token I am immensely exited about the possibility of the introduction of the new Northfork with a super pointy tip! Yeah baby a super high BC Northfork!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I get carried away.........I e-mailed Mike Brady a while back and he said that If and only If the experimentals meet 100% of his expectations (accuracy, penetration, expansion and I am sure much more) then he will release them.

Another toy on the market, Heck yeah I am excited!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickBin
I have too much regard for Nosler bullets as well as the company to think they would nickel-and-dime me for advertising.

I have known about POP's mod status over there for a long time, and I had already asked him once or twice to refrain from promotional posting, to which he agreed. I am very surprised by his hanging multiple identical posts on the 'Fire, as he knows it is against policy, and I have consolidated them here. This clearly is a breach of our agreement.

POP, I would have been GLAD to posts a press-release from Nosler re the E-Tip. MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO IT.

I will assume you're flying solo, so I direct this to you, once again:

"Promotional posts are reserved for paying advertisers only."

Please have the good folks from Nosler contact me, and I will be GLAD to work something out with them so they may make these types of announcements, as we are ALL interested.

There's no reason to transact on this level, and I can't imagine Nosler sanctioned this.

POP, you know better.

rb

Rick I answered your pm on this.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CAS
Pop, do you work for Nosler?

When the Nosler site first got established there was an incredible amount of spam and other "unwanted adult material and links" posted. blush

I volunteered to keep it clean and after a while they agreed to let me.

So no I do not work for them, get paid, kick backs or any of that good stuff. Just one of you guys but with the power to delete nasty stuff over there. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickBin

No sir! This never occurred! As stated this was meant as an update.... by me..... nothing else.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I imagine the E-tip and TSX probably perform about the same. What would hook me as a consumer is to offer a bullet the same as an E-tip, but much cheaper. I still cannot justify these $1 bullets when I have killed everthing I pointed my gun at with a wimpy, non-premium, Core-Lokt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 for POP, he's a good guy and I've had PM's and transactions I truly doubt he's a "plant" from Nosler. That's like saying that Steelie's a plant from McMillan, E from Leupold, me personally from Leica and CAS from .... well some place that sells the damn coolest rifles ever smile

Anyway, POP's a good guy, he's just as biased as the rest of us which isn't a bad thing.

J

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Biased ain't a bad thing, I'm biased towards lots of things I have used.

I ain't biased towards I bullet I have never held or fired.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
True....but if Dick at McMillan told you about a great new stock pattern that eliminated felt recoil, you'd be excited to give it a try...wouldn't you?

POP is just having premature ignition on the e-tip smile

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't wait to try some in 7mm and 30 cal 150 and 165 when they come available.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I'm sure they'll catch hell when their "petals" break off. Never see a Sierra ad with bullets without cores or in pieces. Why do bulletmakers set themselves up this way?
Nosler does stuff up right, but they'd better not quit making the PT like they did the FS and PT Gold's in favor of something "new". A fella gets biased and they quit making them.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Depends on what colors were available. Besides I shoot sissy cartridges, so recoil ain't an issue.......grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At least the 257 Roy has "Magnum" in the name...you can puff out your chest for that one.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So do my condoms, but it's just a name........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LMAO...I give up...can't even think of a response for that one.

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
A 257 Roy has probably never failed him, if it has he knows and he'd tell, he won't tell you if his condoms have, and he doesn't know YET.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I use them for the added reservoir tip.....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hefty huh 32 gal. Oh thats right, you don't care about the name, Ruffies huh? sick

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.