Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by MAC
They are doing this in an attempt to prevent a quorum which requires at least one member of the DEM Party to be present. What they should do is have one of the GOP members "officially" switch to the DEM Party, cast their vote in favor of the bill and then "officially" switch back to the GOP. Simple, devious, and effective. Problem Solved.

Perfect response. Still doc the paychecks of the Dems and their staff.
I wonder if charges could be brought against the entity or person who chartered the bus/plane.
GreggH

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
For my Texas friends: or anyone that may know.

At what point does/can it be assumed that the seat is vacant? How long of an absence would that be? MUST it be a death??? Once an absence or vacancy is established can Abbott then call for a special election or appoint a replacement?

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hatari: Sort of sad to see this happening in the once great state of Texas!
Seems the demonrats have no bounds and of course we all know they have no morals.
But, Texas?
I am still baffled by the nation wide campaign on the part of elected demonrats to do every thing they can think of to diminish and destroy this country?
Including but not limited to expanding the welfare rat roles, destroying our borders, importing third world Democrat voters and welfare rats, creating hate and division in our communities, destroying our energy self reliance, indoctrinating our children, destroying any and all traditional American values, eroding our citizens constitutional rights, spending our country into oblivion and on and on and on!
I am beginning to believe the demonrat party IS an active tool of the ccp (chinese communist party) and putin!
I have poo-pooed this "conspiracy theory" for the last 30 - 40 years but I can now see NO other explanation.
Sad.
Long live Texas (I hope!).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG - This is my analysis of the Democrat strategy.

1.) They miss the complete control they had in Congress and lawmaking they enjoyed from 1932-94 virtually uninterrupted. They ran the show. They want that back. Everything they do at the national, state, and local level is designed solely to gain power in Washington.

2.) They do not care about the consequences. Not a bit. They figure any mess they make they can fix once they have 300 seats in the House and 60 in the Senate.

3.) Anything goes to get them there. Unemployment at 7-10%, unfettered invasion from Central America, cities that are lawless and ungovernable are all acceptable to reach the goal.

4.) Anyone who stands in their way MUST be punished, cancelled, and nullified.

There you go. Applies to all Democrat moves currently.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
“As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested, they will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done,” Abbott stated. “Everybody who has a job must show up to do that job, just like your viewers on watching right now. State representatives have that same responsibility.”

Abbott also said the Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives Dade Phelan (R) can “issue a call to have these members arrested.”

Phelan, who was elected speaker on January 12, 2021, issued a statement Monday, only saying he “expects all members to be present in our Capitol in order to immediately get to work on” election integrity.

Abbott continued to press the withdrawn Democrats by stating he will “continue to call a special session after special session after special session all the way up until election next year.”

“And so if these people want to be hanging out wherever they’re hanging out on this taxpayer-paid junket, they’re going to have to be prepared to do it for well over a year,” the Texas governor warned.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...to-tx-democrats-flying-to-washington-dc/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari

1.) They miss the complete control they had in Congress and lawmaking they enjoyed from 1932-94 virtually uninterrupted. They ran the show. They want that back. Everything they do at the national, state, and local level is designed solely to gain power in Washington.

2.) They do not care about the consequences. Not a bit. They figure any mess they make they can fix once they have 300 seats in the House and 60 in the Senate.

3.) Anything goes to get them there. Unemployment at 7-10%, unfettered invasion from Central America, cities that are lawless and ungovernable are all acceptable to reach the goal.

Pretty good analysis.

They don't care about consequences because they never have any. Ever.

That needs to change.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Those selfies make them appear to be level headed and mature individuals.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Who payed for those chartered jets and the accommodations in DC. If taxpayer funds were utilized it should be used as a hammer. Can the gov control/punish those funds' use?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Texas House Votes to Send Law Enforcement to Arrest Democrats Who Fled State to Block GOP From Passing Voting Laws

https://twitter.com/nickabc13/status/1414968788789911552

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I also think a camera or two showing up where the fools work (if they do) and asking their employers how long do the intend to allow the employee to lay out of work would be a great idea.
GreggH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Abbott plans to arrest their sorry asses !!!

Texas’ Abbott says Dems who ‘fled’ state over elections bill will be arrested upon return

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/te...ctions-bill-will-be-arrested-upon-return

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hatari

Pretty good analysis.

They don't care about consequences because they never have any. Ever.

That needs to change.

I'll double down on this theme by saying that Liberal Progressives believe in therre cause to "make the world better" so much that they are perfectly willing to force those who oppose to conform.

- take your guns
- take your fossil fuels
- give your job/position to minorities
- give college slots to minorities over your kids
- take your money for wealth distribution

Bewcause they are convinced that they can make America more "fair" and "nicer". And if you don't knuckle under they will destroy you because they are nicer and more fair and open minded.

(Insert sarcasm emoji)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Texas’ Abbott says Dems who ‘fled’ state over elections bill will be arrested upon return

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/te...tions-bill-will-be-arrested-upon-return.

I'd rather they just stay in D.C. with the rest of the criminals.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/te...tions-bill-will-be-arrested-upon-return.

I'd rather they just stay in D.C. with the rest of the criminals.

Yep. About time the Heavens opened up for a meteorite strike on that whole Fuqking area

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[quote=lvmiker]Who payed for those chartered jets and the accommodations in DC. If taxpayer funds were utilized it should be used as a hammer. Can the gov control/punish those funds' use?

Defund their "junket"; or what ever you call fleeing their elected responsibility to ALL voters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's simply a sign of good politics staying within the rules by a minority party. Oregon Repubs did the same about a year back and saved us a fortune in potential taxes. Despite threats, no one will be arrested.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have the Texas Air National Guard order the plane to turn around?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
New News on the situation:

Texas House Speaker charters flight for Democrats to return to state

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-house-speaker-charters-flight-for-democrats-to-return-to-state

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Which in my opinion, is a totally useless alternative

I’d send a small plane load of TX Rangers arrest their sorry asses.
Then buy them a ticket on a Grehound and make them ride that stinky SOB all the way home.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-house-speaker-charters-flight-for-democrats-to-return-to-state

Then buy them a ticket on a Grehound and make them ride that stinky SOB all the way home.

So you would send law enforcement from texas to arrest people in another state huh??? I guess it’s good that you have no say in the matter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

So you would send law enforcement from texas to arrest people in another state huh??? I guess it’s good that you have no say in the matter.

Happens all the time.... what's the problem?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

Happens all the time.... what's the problem?

He’s too stupid to understand that. Typical Libertard.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 3,224 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,630
Posts18,533,199
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.