Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by Judman
Desert and a rocky, so what you drew some permits, whoopty fuucking do. You got lucky, some of us haven’t.. you calf killin dummy!! Haha

Yep, all luck...

Here's a pro tip...you actually have to apply for tags to draw them. You can't bitch on the 'net about someone else ruining your chances. They have application services, clients like yourself use them.

Too bad you weren't paying attention 25 years ago...you'd have a sheep already...dummy. I'll draw a couple more as well...because I was paying attention instead of drunk in a bar getting bottles busted over my head.

Desert:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Rocky:

Judman - how many MT licenses did you not have to "draw"?

Buzz, looks like some awesome AK fishing. And what did that rocky mtn bighorn eat like? Inquiring minds want to know. You look like you're well on your way to a grand slam - here is an option for the 4th?.. laugh Randy's Guided Sheep Hunt Drawing.

GB1

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Are they “special permits”, naw they’re general statewide buck tags. 👍😘

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You still have to draw them. And as you know - just because you draw - doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed of any result.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Montana is a statewide general tag, not a limited entry unit specific tag. Big difference, but you knew that. Used to be 100%, but we saw what happened there.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It is not “statewide” but almost. And even as a general- you have to draw. Just like I have to draw general deer in Wyoming.

Regardless of what that means - you buying a raffle ticket for a guided sheep hunt with Randy? It would be extra great if you “won”. 😃

IC B2

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
So you’re lumping general season, statewide licenses to say, a 380 bull permit or a 441 buck tag? Ok got it. 👍 I did “draw” a special buck permit in a region you’re familiar with. that was after I DREW my statewide general tag. Reg 4. 👍

Yes I will buy a ticket if only to appease you and Buzzy Eastman. 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've got a limited draw tag in lower Alabama this year. Am I special?

Been scouting the antler growth. Good year.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I guess next time I’ll specify for the hunttalk crew, limited statewide/general, or limited unit. But he knew, just trying to deflect for his buddy’s

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We should have known something was up in the AZ series with the over the top quail plug. Jeapers Creepers. Jiminy Cricket. I just love taking a quail break on a deer hunt. This is such an awesome place.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks like his “Arizona buddy’s “ got the hookup for the sheep hunt too. 👍

Hopefully it’s not a “draw” tag!! 😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
We should have known something was up in the AZ series with the over the top quail plug. Jeapers Creepers. Jiminy Cricket. I just love taking a quail break on a deer hunt. This is such an awesome place.

Coues deer are dumb, I’d much rather hunt quail Bama!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes, quail hunting in Texas.

Southern AZ is dangerous. Not only must one worry about illegals, there's killer monkeys lurking. I seen 'em.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Monkeys 🤣🤣

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ribka
Those youtube sensations that pimp out public lands should pay a $10 k video permit to exploit our public lands. Obtained from the state's fish and game offices. good for 7 days. The proceeds used for conservation and predator control and to fight anti hunting groups

They do have to have permits for filming on Government lands. Now that is no promise all of them do go and get permitting.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ribka
Poor buzzy. More fraud and lies. How can anyone support BHA and Randy after learning the truth

The same way they support Meatgobbler, First Lite, OnX Maps, and FHF!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Whatda think? Fish & game departments, state tourism departments etc for running shows, YouTube videos?

They do. And since he's come up here, Randy Newberg is more transparent than most - give him that. It's easy to hate on the individuals who are profiting or trying to, on things we all love doing. Like the outfitting industry, I think all should be required to pay (state agencies) for that profiting - not the other way around, regardless of how small that profit might be. If you've paid to hunt, paid an outfitter, bought information, subscriptions, services, and many of the products today's hunting companies promote, even so much as listened to a podcast, "liked" or "clicked" on some the posts or YouTube videos you hate so much - you're also contributing the the problem. The information age is killing hunting as we know it. That's a fact.

So you’re lumping general season, statewide licenses to say, a 380 bull permit or a 441 buck tag? Ok got it. 👍 I did “draw” a special buck permit in a region you’re familiar with. that was after I DREW my statewide general tag. Reg 4. 👍

I'm not lumping anything. Montana general is not "statewide", neither is the general elk. Montana is BIG, there's ridiculously good hunting within general deer and elk areas. It's not abound and that's an undeniable fact. Even the best premier limited draw permits don't come with a guaranteed result - even in the "good old days" - anywhere. I'm a great permit drawing SOB and have had my ass handed to me a pile of times on them. But just like true, over the counter, general, free for all public land, no help required.. It's usually time and luck, and time.. my opinion. Buzz is an accomplished hunter, has done lots for hunters, and has had more great success than 99% of those I know hunting on a regular guy budget and general areas. In 2005, he passed on a "general" public land wyoming 192" gross buck that he spotted and opted to let me go kill it, so he could look for better.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Here’s one for the books alright, a nice ass shot ram by some cornholer with both eyes in the same socket and Safariman as the guide.

The one thing you've proven is that you don't know chit from clay about hunting white sheep....

Shot in the ass you say....

Notice the broken shoulders...wonder how that happened? 338's tend to do that. For the record, I've fired exactly 4 rounds at wild sheep in my life...and killed 4.

Last edited by BuzzH; 07/12/21.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Splinting hairs, suffice it to say, a general non resident buck tag is not the the same realm as drawing a limited entry unit specific tag. I’ve been fortunate, all the “unit specific “ permits I’ve drawn I’ve had great experiences and filled, with the exception of a spring bear tag I drew this year, which I coulda filled, left my camp, came home got sick and said fuuck it.

I have a hard time believing someone who doesn’t have a 193” buck would pass one up. Have fun on that ram hunt, hope you kill a goodun. 👍

Last edited by Judman; 07/12/21.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Whatda think? Fish & game departments, state tourism departments etc for running shows, YouTube videos?

They do. And since he's come up here, Randy Newberg is more transparent than most - give him that. It's easy to hate on the individuals who are profiting or trying to, on things we all love doing. Like the outfitting industry, I think all should be required to pay (state agencies) for that profiting - not the other way around, regardless of how small that profit might be. If you've paid to hunt, paid an outfitter, bought information, subscriptions, services, and many of the products today's hunting companies promote, even so much as listened to a podcast, "liked" or "clicked" on some the posts or YouTube videos you hate so much - you're also contributing the the problem. The information age is killing hunting as we know it. That's a fact.

I'm not lumping anything. Montana general is not "statewide", neither is the general elk. Montana is BIG, there's ridiculously good hunting within general deer and elk areas. It's not abound and that's an undeniable fact. Even the best premier limited draw permits don't come with a guaranteed result - even in the "good old days" - anywhere. I'm a great permit drawing SOB and have had my ass handed to me a pile of times on them. But just like true, over the counter, general, free for all public land, no help required.. It's usually time and luck, and time.. my opinion. Buzz is an accomplished hunter, has done lots for hunters, and has had more great success than 99% of those I know hunting on a regular guy budget and general areas. In 2005, he passed on a "general" public land wyoming 192" gross buck that he spotted and opted to let me go kill it, so he could look for better.

Yeah, that buck you killed was a great one...quite a bit better than I thought actually. A few weeks later, my wife and I glassed up this buck and since I owed DG for helping me with a general 184" mule deer the year before...when I relocated this buck, I gave him first option to shoot.

He made the right choice...if he wouldn't have, that buck would be mine...because I wasn't having to decide if he wouldn't have taken it. This buck had a 175"ish frame and 20" of extras...grossed right in that 193 range IIRC. At the time, this tag was 100% odds for NR's, in fact, it could be picked up as a third choice and sometimes OTC as a leftover.

Saw this buck that same year and found him again in 2006 in the exact same place. I felt he wouldn't get any better so after watching him for about 20 minutes through the spotting scope...picked up the rifle. If not for the extra split, he probably would have died of old age...

I found a lot of good bucks in 2002-2007 on the general OTC tags in Wyoming.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Splinting hairs, suffice it to say, a general non resident buck tag is not the the same realm as drawing a limited entry unit specific tag. I’ve been fortunate, all the “unit specific “ permits I’ve drawn I’ve had great experiences and filled, with the exception of a spring bear tag I drew this year, which I coulda filled, left my camp, came home got sick and said fuuck it.

I have a hard time believing someone who doesn’t have a 193” buck would pass one up. Have fun on that ram hunt, hope you kill a goodun. 👍

Not hard for me to believe at all...did it again a few weeks later. How I roll...don't have to be the guy behind the trigger every time.

You should try it sometime...

I'm a good guy to be friends with...judging by your response, you probably aren't. Had that pegged from the get-go...

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,656
Posts18,533,887
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.