Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Judman
Buzz, I just got a pm, won't mention who from, doesn't matter. Supposedly your a good egg, why won't you just answer the op and own it?

What was that again?

Not that I care or have to answer for anything.

Since you're the OP, I guess you're the guy that asked. No I don't have any problem with a state tourism board spending their money on advertising any way they see fit.

I also don't have a problem with GF agencies doing the same. The way they fund research, management, pay for vehicles is largely tied to license revenue.

Should we shut down GF websites? Are hunting booklets, regulation booklets, with draw odds, names of biologists, phone numbers somehow all a bunch of bullchit because they give out too much information?

Go look at Wyoming's website...anyone with 2 firing brain cells to rub together can figure out what the top units are, where to hunt, names of any biologist, regional offices, game warden phone numbers, access areas for hunting...

Go look at Montana's hunt planner.

Go look at AZ's hunt planner, they give you information and narrow down things to specific drainages, mountains, etc.

Here's what I think...I think people are making a mountain out of a mole-hill when it comes to a few social media guys or the GF paying for advertising.

If anyone wants to be anything close to intellectually honest, its not the influencers that are impacting the sport...its all of us.

Rifles that shoot 500-600-700 yards with ease, spotting scopes you see distant planets with, alpha glass, better clothing, lighter gear, bows that shoot 100 yards, trail cams, aerial photography, GPS units, inreach, spots, better maps, google earth,. Know anyone anymore that shoots a compound without a trigger release? Know anyone that shoots a rifle with a straight 4 power scope anymore? How about open sights? Know anyone that hunts that doesn't have a 4-wheel drive?

I was talking with a good friend of mine, lives on the Front in Montana...one tough old-school SOB and as hardcore of a hunter as I know. Like he said, "when I backpacked hunt, my sleeping bag weighed more than guys entire camps now"...and that isn't no bullchit. That's a fact.

What's happened is the gear technology and as much as you and others (me included) like to bitch about the flat-brimmers...they have the gear, the technology, and the physical ability it takes to pound the game flat. Like Roy told me, these new hunters are no joke, they're tough and there's nowhere too far for them to reach. Its just a fact. And they have the gear that allows them to hunt farther, stay longer and be more comfortable...just a fact.

Then, throw in the huge increase in outfitters as well as shrinking habit, conifer encroachment, aging habitat types, disease issues, leasing, hunt clubs, ATV's, winter range loss, noxious weeds, migration corridors being pinched off, and just the simple fact that by tomorrow at this time, there will be 400,000 more people on planet earth than right now...yeah, things are tightening up.

So, yeah, I won't apologize for saying its BS to blame youtube while a metric chit ton of other things are impacting the sport way more, impacting wildlife populations more.

Is youtube additive to the problem...sure, but its literally worrying about the mice while the elephants run you over...

Its a joke...and just another thing for guys that hunt once or twice a year to be faux outraged over...its ridiculous.

Last edited by BuzzH; 07/12/21.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Buzz, I just got a pm, won't mention who from, doesn't matter. Supposedly your a good egg, why won't you just answer the op and own it?

No good egg supports the likes Buzz supports! Jesus himself could have PM'ed you that, I ain't buying it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I am surprised Randy hasn't sent you all PM's telling you if you happen to be in Bozeman to look him up!

Funny thing is that POS turned and walked away when he saw me. I was with a friend visiting me, she said did that I guy see a ghost or what? I told her the story and she laughed.

I have been telling everyone for a few years now what a bunch of douchbags those Bozeman bunch are!

Oh he's pmd me before.haha

So does he know you? Why'd he get locktail?

He didn't know me when he PM'ed me, But he knew exactly who I was at The Big Sky Total Archery Challenge. The look on his face was PRICELESS.

That's funny.😂😂

Shiit changes when the rubber meets the road and there's not a keyboard to to cover up behind😂😂

YES SIR! There ain't a soul on here I wouldn't meet. That isn't to be a tough guy either. Truth of the matter is 99% would call the police if fist were thrown by anyone. So you know no fist will be thrown! However I will say everything face to face I would take the time to type out on here. Should I get my azs kicked then well lick your wounds and move on! But those like Buzz, Randy, Bennie, and Meatgobbler ain't the type to take an azs whipping. They dial 911.

Meatgobbler😂😂 oh god damn er!!!Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BuzzH

What was that again?

I can post pics for days too, fishing pics too, as we don't have to travel for Chrome.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Ill ask you this buzz, what happened to the draw odds on the unit Randy's boy drew that you guided them on the following years? No bullshiitin either.

I'm betting the same thing that happened when rinella drew lick creek over here in the blues..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Ill ask you this buzz, what happened to the draw odds on the unit Randy's boy drew that you guided them on the following years? No bullshiitin either.

I'm betting the same thing that happened when rinella drew lick creek over here in the blues..

Everybody that watches those videos, is paying for that to continue.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Truth. I work with a buncha fuucking dummies that thrive on this stuff. Guy even blew up a pic on a tagged bull to see what area born and raised were huntin in Idaho. No shiit! Went there the following year. We now have seen what Idaho has done.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

Everybody that watches those videos, is paying for that to continue.

I don't disagree with your statement one bit. Sorta like all the jack wagons that pay BHA, First Lite, OnX, and FHF!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Didn't guide anyone...hunted with a friend that I've known for a long time.

Essentially nothing...it has always been a near max point or one under max unit. Same with most of the surrounding units...been that way for years.

Its been 10-11% odds for Residents the 21 years I've lived here...fluctuates a percent or two.

Get real...7, 19, 16, 23, 24, 22, 100, 124, 30, 31, 113 all the 50's and 60's units near Cody, 1, 2, ....draw odds suck...all...and have for 20 years.

How tough is it to look at draw odds and wonder "Gee, funny thing, all these guys applying for tags in unit_____(fill in the blank)...wonder why that is?

Are units 380, 622, 621, 700, 690 some big secret in Montana for elk?

Anyone heard anything about unit 270 in Montana for mule deer? I hear its a real sleeper...with awesome draw odds.

Anyone hear anything about 680 for sheep?

How about 12AW late for mule deer in Arizona?

Anyone ever shot a big buck on the Arizona Strip?

Unit 10 any good for pronghorn in AZ...how about 5B on Anderson Mesa?

The Gila any good for elk in New Mexico?

Red desert in Wyoming have any big pronghorn?

Unit 128 late any good for mule deer bucks in Wyoming? How about region G?

Come on man...

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
So your saying odds stayed the same? Come on man.. Bullshiit...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Truth. I work with a buncha fuucking dummies that thrive on this stuff. Guy even blew up a pic on a tagged bull to see what area born and raised were huntin in Idaho. No shiit! Went there the following year. We now have seen what Idaho has done.

Let them...watching guys hunting dead bulls is always funny to watch...

Wait until guys hack your GF accounts to find out where you hunt...fun times.

Those guys are no competition...and that is a fact. I don't worry about that stuff in the slightest...pretty obvious they don't have a clue.

Its the how, not the where...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So your saying odds stayed the same? Come on man.. Bullshiit...

Wasn't max points this year...

Let them burn points on that unit, they're wasting them. Things have changed in that unit, big-time.

The coat tail riders are in for a real slap in the face...and a reality check. I laugh every time some 10-watt draws it, they don't know what they don't know.

They'll come back smarter, with no points...and long-faced. Maybe a raghorn...maybe.

You seen any pics of any half decent bulls off public lately in that unit? Wonder why not?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Are units 380, 622, 621, 700, 690 some big secret in Montana for elk?

Anyone heard anything about unit 270 in Montana for mule deer? I hear its a real sleeper...with awesome draw odds.

You missed a few!

270 isn't what it use to be. But a guy that knows what he is doing can do well in there.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BuzzH is not lying. But I still want to kick him in the balls for pushing the 90/10 stuff. it's only a matter of time. laugh

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
BuzzH is not lying. But I still want to kick him in the balls for pushing the 90/10 stuff. it's only a matter of time. laugh

I don't think you have much to worry about...I have talked to LH more than I probably ever have...and without one of us being red-assed over something.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I don't think you have much to worry about...I have talked to LH more than I probably ever have...and without one of us being red-assed over something.

So you're saying I'll have to kick 2 guys in the balls?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

So you're saying I'll have to kick 2 guys in the balls?

Something along those lines....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Kind of hard to argue with this...

What was that again?

Since you're the OP, I guess you're the guy that asked. No I don't have any problem with a state tourism board spending their money on advertising any way they see fit.

I also don't have a problem with GF agencies doing the same. The way they fund research, management, pay for vehicles is largely tied to license revenue.

Should we shut down GF websites? Are hunting booklets, regulation booklets, with draw odds, names of biologists, phone numbers somehow all a bunch of bullchit because they give out too much information?

Go look at Wyoming's website...anyone with 2 firing brain cells to rub together can figure out what the top units are, where to hunt, names of any biologist, regional offices, game warden phone numbers, access areas for hunting...

Go look at Montana's hunt planner.

Go look at AZ's hunt planner, they give you information and narrow down things to specific drainages, mountains, etc.

Here's what I think...I think people are making a mountain out of a mole-hill when it comes to a few social media guys or the GF paying for advertising.

If anyone wants to be anything close to intellectually honest, its not the influencers that are impacting the sport...its all of us.

Rifles that shoot 500-600-700 yards with ease, spotting scopes you see distant planets with, alpha glass, better clothing, lighter gear, bows that shoot 100 yards, trail cams, aerial photography, GPS units, inreach, spots, better maps, google earth,. Know anyone anymore that shoots a compound without a trigger release? Know anyone that shoots a rifle with a straight 4 power scope anymore? How about open sights? Know anyone that hunts that doesn't have a 4-wheel drive?

I was talking with a good friend of mine, lives on the Front in Montana...one tough old-school SOB and as hardcore of a hunter as I know. Like he said, "when I backpacked hunt, my sleeping bag weighed more than guys entire camps now"...and that isn't no bullchit. That's a fact.

What's happened is the gear technology and as much as you and others (me included) like to bitch about the flat-brimmers...they have the gear, the technology, and the physical ability it takes to pound the game flat. Like Roy told me, these new hunters are no joke, they're tough and there's nowhere too far for them to reach. Its just a fact. And they have the gear that allows them to hunt farther, stay longer and be more comfortable...just a fact.

Then, throw in the huge increase in outfitters as well as shrinking habit, conifer encroachment, aging habitat types, disease issues, leasing, hunt clubs, ATV's, winter range loss, noxious weeds, migration corridors being pinched off, and just the simple fact that by tomorrow at this time, there will be 400,000 more people on planet earth than right now...yeah, things are tightening up.

So, yeah, I won't apologize for saying its BS to blame youtube while a metric chit ton of other things are impacting the sport way more, impacting wildlife populations more.

Is youtube additive to the problem...sure, but its literally worrying about the mice while the elephants run you over...

Its a joke...and just another thing for guys that hunt once or twice a year to be faux outraged over...its ridiculous.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
What happened to the deer rifle tags and OTC archery tags in the unit Randy pimped?

Its simple. The more an area is pimped, the more specifics that are given, the more the internet warriors are coming. Not hard to figure out. There is a balance. I'm not at all against Randy in his early years. I thought he struck a nice balance. As a matter of fact I was for him and actually enjoyed watching his episodes.

But he crossed the line and sold out the farm. His pimping episodes stick out like a sore thumb and hurt a lot of locals. Randy knows this. He is no dummy. It was a calculated decision. Where Randy got caught is COVID, which to his defense, increased all outdoor activities including hunting. There was going to be an increase in applications without Randy having pimped it. But now his face is on most all dart boards for those who have always hunted deer in southern AZ.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ctsmith
What happened to the deer rifle tags and OTC archery tags in the unit Randy pimped?

Its simple. The more an area is pimped, the more specifics that are given, the more the internet warriors are coming. Not hard to figure out. There is a balance. I'm not at all against Randy in his early years. I thought he struck a nice balance. As a matter of fact I was for him and actually enjoyed watching his episodes.

But he crossed the line and sold out the farm. His pimping episodes stick out like a sore thumb and hurt a lot of locals. Randy knows this. He is no dummy. It was a calculated decision. Where Randy got caught is COVID, which to his defense, increased all outdoor activities including hunting. There was going to be an increase in applications without Randy having pimped it. But now his face is on most all dart boards for those who have always hunted deer in southern AZ.

I could make one regulation change and reverse whatever has caused the jump in AZ bowhunting...fact.

Take away the training wheels...you could probably let the handful of longbow and recurve guys remaining in the sport have 2 tags each and extend the season by a month.

Technology in archery equipment, range finders, trigger releases, sights, cams, arrows, broadheads...that's the problem. Not Randy, not social media, not the AZFG.

Nobody willing to give up anything that makes it easier...same with rifle and muzzleloader hunters too.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.