Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SShooterZ
I tip just about everyone. I've even tipped people through the drive through. Even a $5 puts a smile on their face and it doesn't hurt my financial situation in the least.

Holy Crap! You don’t deserve a tip, you earn it! Where does anyone in a kitchen or restaurant deserve a tip any more than a grocery clerk stocking a shelf or a guy sweeping a floor. Why don’t you tip the Walmart greeter?

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yep, it got out of hand pre Covid here.

Tip jars everywhere, even at a self serve frozen yogurt joint. I don't put money in a jar for just being there. A tip jar means you ain't doing anything special enough to get a friggin tip.

Local owned restaurant's servers get good tips for good service. Even some take out's if I'm feeling generous.

Been interesting so far, as places opened up for sit down service it got around in a hurry where the food and service was best. Locally owned popular joints got rave reviews, chains not much.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hate the whole process of tipping. Restaurants, hotels, guides etc. Use to be extra for exemplary service, now it is expected and relied upon to cover wages.

Just wish they would post a price and pay their staff appropriately.

Every place you go seems to have a tip jar. Reminds of the people standing on the corners.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Whenever I go to Lowes, I’ll ask one of the persons in Lumber/Bldg Mat if they can assist me in pulling some boards or plywood.

If they do from start to finish and get me loaded outside; I’ll usually give someone 5-10$ each. I am never getting more than a few sheets or a couple dozen boards. I appreciate them, and they seem really surprised to get anything.

I also like to give the ready mix concrete drivers $20 and a cold drink cause they’re always so patient with me. I am often or was pouring and floating 4-8 yards by myself. Have not done any slabs in about 4 yrs though.
I once gave a driver $50 cause he walked right out with me and helped me dragged a screed board across several times and helped me rake. He had Mucks on already so he didnt get too nasty giving me a hand.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Another classic 'fire thread. Folks having an opinion how folks choose to spend their money. WGAF?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Mandatory fees added Ed?

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Pay the server the rate of $15.00 per hour based on the minutes of service you actually get.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by EdM
Another classic 'fire thread. Folks having an opinion how folks choose to spend their money. WGAF?

Without a bunch of Wabigoon pointless topics and no interest in guns, that is all that is left on the Campfire.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I hate the card swiping machines that ASK if you would like to add a tip before the transaction will go through. The clerk almost always watches to see what you choose. It's like bitch, all you did is hand me a can of Copenhagen.

NO, you're not getting a tip.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by CRS
I hate the whole process of tipping. Restaurants, hotels, guides etc. Use to be extra for exemplary service, now it is expected and relied upon to cover wages.

Every place you go seems to have a tip jar. Reminds of the people standing on the corners.

Well, look at it this way. They can continue to rely on tips and you can continue to reward good service as you see fit or punish bad service if you see fit by not leaving a tip. Or, they can do away with tips, pay their employees the going rate and you can get really a schitty service from servers who have no incentive to do better and pay 40$ for a hamburger.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by CRS

Well, look at it this way. They can continue to rely on tips and you can continue to reward good service as you see fit or punish bad service if you see fit by not leaving a tip. Or, they can do away with tips, pay their employees the going rate and you can get really a schitty service from servers who have no incentive to do better and pay 40$ for a hamburger.

Well put, hourly people ain’t gonna jump and run to get your food to you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by CRS

Double bingo

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I tip:
15% of the pre-tax total for a waitress that gives me full service. I may go 20% if the service was really good.
15% for a bartender, if I'm at the bar
10% for folks delivering my order to the house-- usually about $2 per trip
10% for the buffet staff
Drive thru? Nope. Carry out? Nope.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The very few times I put money in a tip jar was because I was handled back coin change and I just didn’t want it jingling in my pocket. At a buffet I will leave a couple of bucks if the wait staff come by often offering a drink refill and are quick to pick up the old plates and bring more napkins.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Tip the carry out people. They work harder than anyone else, especially these days. They are ones who make sure you actually get home with what you ordered.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by CRS

Double bingo

Yeah....thats why they do it.....continued excellence.

Sheesh.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by CRS

Double bingo

Yeah....thats why they do it.....continued excellence.

Sheesh.

Well, go ahead and start paying 40$ for a hamburger and see if that makes you feel better.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You are already paying for it!

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Don't tip here as it is generally viewed as slightly bemusing or downright rude...if there is a jar or a tin it will be for a cancer research charity (Canteen) or for the Children's hospital.

That’s the way it is in most of the world. In the U.S. tipping has become a status symbol, a way to show you’re a high roller. Witness the number of guys on here bragging about how much they tip. The restaurants and servers play it up because they they want the money. The rest of the world thinks we’re a bunch of obnoxious braggarts trying to flaunt wealth.

I tend to tip well because I don’t want to be “that guy”, but tipping is out of control and stupid in the U.S., everybody’s got their hand out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
At Cici,s bout 3 weeks ago bus boy table clean up guy.
Cleaned off my table while I was up getting more pizza.
Went back to table
WTF,???
Told him you just threw away my dog Blackjacks pizza crust I had wrapped up in napkins.
Blackjack aint gonna be happy with that at all dude.....
Kid was so sorry about it.
LOL!!!
I gotta say I over dramatized it slightly.
Little spankerella manager came over after and asked what hapoened.
Told her he cleaned my table and threw away Blackjack,s pizza crust.
She laughed I was mad about the pizza crust and gave me a free next time ticket.
I normally leave the bus boys a dollar.
Most people dont leave em jak schitt.
Bus boy that day didnt get a buck tip.
Blackjack got his pizza crust also and some cheesy bread.

Golden corral and china king tips are based on filling my lemonade without me having to ask.
# of glasses filled equal 1 buck each.
Normally leave 3 to 5 buck tip.
If I have to ask 1 time
Your getting 1 buck.... thats it.
If I have to go to the drink station and fill up my drink myself then you as a waitress or waiter are all boo boo face I did it....
You aint getting schit, and a word will be said to a manager on the way out.
"So and so could have made a 3 to 5 buck tip by simply filling my glass even though they walked by 9 times and cant see a empty glass"

You work food service job waiting tables.
Your tip is 100% on you and not playing aloof you dont see a empty glass while a customer is at the buffet or while the customer is eating and you walk within 3 feet of em numerous times.

Just fugging ask.
"Do you need a refill sir"
It is part of your job........

Tip jars and homemade our house burned down jars at places.

FU............

Saved your dog a vet vist... they were helping u.....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

282 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 36 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,614
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.