Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve only watched bits and pieces of Apocalypse Now. The most dramatic movie scene that I’ve ever watched was The Deer Hunter scene while they’re being made to play Russian Roulette by the viet cong.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’ve only watched bits and pieces of Apocalypse Now. The most high drama movie scene that I’ve ever watched was The Deer Hunter scene while there being made to play Russian Roulette by the viet cong.
Great scene and great movie. IMO though, The Deer Hunter isn't nearly as good as Apocalypse Now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I’ve only watched bits and pieces of Apocalypse Now. The most high drama movie scene that I’ve ever watched was The Deer Hunter scene while there being made to play Russian Roulette by the viet cong.
Great scene and great movie. IMO though, The Deer Hunter isn't nearly as good as Apocalypse Now.

I need to check it out. I’ve seen the iconic helicopter scene but somehow missed seeing it all the way through.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I need to check it out. I’ve seen the iconic helicopter scene but somehow missed seeing it all the way through.
While it's good to see the Director's Cut, I actually think the original theatrical release is superior. A lot of stuff in the Director's Cut had been edited out...because it needed to be edited out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
One of the best films ever made.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

While it's good to see the Director's Cut, I actually think the original theatrical release is superior. A lot of stuff in the Director's Cut had been edited out...because it needed to be edited out.

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Yep

See the Documentary and you'll see why!!
If you're speaking to me, I've seen the documentary, as implied by my post earlier in this thread, where I cited it with its actual name.

Nope. Previous poster

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
"The Brothers, Bloods" in Platoon were just like the ones in my Company in Germany, '72-73. Not a pleasant memory for me, especially since they and the "Blood wannabe Puerto Ricans" comprised about 70% of our Battalion. No VC Incoming, but plenty of bootheels and knives, plus "Politically Correct" Army BatCrap Craziness.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hacking up the live cow was awesome.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
"The Brothers, Bloods" in Platoon were just like the ones in my Company in Germany, '72-73. Not a pleasant memory for me, especially since they and the "Blood wannabe Puerto Ricans" comprised about 70% of our Battalion. No VC Incoming, but plenty of bootheels and knives, plus "Politically Correct" Army BatCrap Craziness.
yep pretty much my Army experiance in HAAF Savannah GA 83-86.learned my mother was reall wrong about a few things

NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always remembered the scene where the crashed B-52 tail was sticking up in the air as the boat went by ,surreal , kinda cool ,but i didnt think we had any B-52 BUFF'S shot down over South Vietnam or even Loas or Cambodia. North Vietnam ..yes .. . So that kinda made it unreal for me

NRA Life Member
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
It’s okay in my opinion. I really enjoyed Duvall’s character.
The second half of the movie seems to drag on forever.
R. Lee Ermey made an appearance as a chopper pilot.
PBR’s are cool!

Got to meet R Lee Ermey when he was the Glock Spokesman. Very nice fellow. Very gracious and down to earth to.

That was my experience as well. I met him at the NRA convention in Houston a few years back. Had a good conversation with him about the M-1903 Springfield vs the M-1917 Enfield rifles. We was very sincere and quite likeable. He gave my daughter an autographed photo. Really enjoyed talking with him.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have read Heart Of Darkness. It’s pretty wild someone adapted that to the Vietnam war

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Just as an aside, in 2020 the director, Spike Lee, made a movie called Da 5 Bloods. It's about five black Vietnam vets circa 2019/2020, friends who served in Vietnam in the same infantry platoon, who get together to return to Vietnam and find a large stash of CIA gold that went down in a CIA plane in the jungle. The five black soldiers found it (circa 1969/1970) hid it, and planned to return someday, smuggle the gold back secretly to the U.S., and live life large.

But, the best laid plans often go awry. All kinds of obstacles and difficulties arise, and things in Vietnam take a severe downturn in their plans.

It is one of the dumbest, couldn't happen movies Spike Lee has ever made and typically, it is Lee's very anti-white people bias, anti-white soldiers, etc., screed.

If I'd not watched it free gratis for nuthin', had to pay to see it in a theater, I'd have walked out mid-movie and demanded my money back.

Anyone else waste their time viewing Da 5 Bloods?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Just as an aside, in 2020 the director, Spike Lee, made a movie called Da 5 Bloods. It's about five black Vietnam vets circa 2019/2020, friends who served in Vietnam in the same infantry platoon, who get together to return to Vietnam and find a large stash of CIA gold that went down in a CIA plane in the jungle. The five black soldiers found it (circa 1969/1970) hid it, and planned to return someday, smuggle the gold back secretly to the U.S., and live life large.

But, the best laid plans often go awry. All kinds of obstacles and difficulties arise, and things in Vietnam take a severe downturn in their plans.

It is one of the dumbest, couldn't happen movies Spike Lee has ever made and typically, it is Lee's very anti-white people bias, anti-white soldiers, etc., screed.

If I'd not watched it free gratis for nuthin', had to pay to see it in a theater, I'd have walked out mid-movie and demanded my money back.

L.W.

Won’t waste my time watching anything that POS made.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Just finishing up watching this movie for the umpteenth time. The surreal weirdness of this movie has always captivated me for some reason. Anyone else here likes or hates this flick ?

Love it, always have. Especially when super drunk or smoking good ganja or doing shrooms .... three completely different movies than when watching it sober.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any scene with a helicopter was my favorite. An empty Huey has a max payload of 9500 lbs. Maybe 10,000 in an emergency. No way in hell could a D model sling load a PBR. But, I didn't learn that until many years after first seeing the movie. It makes for a good script.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Henryseale
PBR’s are cool!

Got to meet R Lee Ermey when he was the Glock Spokesman. Very nice fellow. Very gracious and down to earth to.

That was my experience as well. I met him at the NRA convention in Houston a few years back. Had a good conversation with him about the M-1903 Springfield vs the M-1917 Enfield rifles. We was very sincere and quite likeable. He gave my daughter an autographed photo. Really enjoyed talking with him.

I shot alongside Ermey at the CMP Eastern Games held at Butner, NC a few years ago. Nice unassuming fella, as long as you didn't stick a camera in his face when you asked him for his autograph.
Here he is at the national matches at Camp Perry responding to someone who had his camera rolling: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zPlqMKYQdrQ

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

WTF?! I try not to watch anything with “‘Da” in the title…

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Henryseale
PBR’s are cool!

Yep. He gave me an autographed photo also. And took a “selfie” with him too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,817
Posts18,516,668
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.