Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks... but still more than happy with my decision.

Towing update - towed my 5x9 utility trailer and Yamaha Wolverine X2 (only about 3k lbs total, but, with front and rear windshields, it is a huge windsail) to my lease Thursday and back yesterday. MPG was 1.2mpg better than my F150 averaged with the same load. This truck didn’t squat as much as my F150 (added airbags to F10 due to amount of squat) and felt a little more stable towing. It also didn’t downshift quite as much on small hills. Seats were very comfortable - no sore back or pain during the drive there or home (3hrs each way). Stereo sounds great for a factory (non-premium “branded) system - my buddy has the B&O in his F250 and said mine sounded more crisp/clear than his, just missing a subwoofer for deep bass (easy to add in this truck, and on my list).

I miss a few features from the F150 - phone app to remote start, check fuel level, etc was free (refuse to pay for access via GM app), keypad to get in without keys (came in handy several times), seat coolers/heaters returning to last position on every start, being able to lock out highest gear(s) in drive (have to shift to “L” in this Sierra), rear seats folding forward for just a bit of extra in cab storage, and empty it was just a little quicker and about 1MPG better than this truck.

Anyway, have tried to be as objective as possible in my reviews/updates. I’m not biased on brands (except Do, after the experience with the one). I even steered clear of GM (gov’t motors) for several years after their bailout. If I hadn’t have gotten such a great offer on trading in the F150 and a great deal on this GMC, I’d still gladly be driving the F150.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ASVPRock
I've never understood the argument that I need a new truck to get more mileage.
Agreed, if that's the only reason you're buying it. Gas is the cheapest thing you'll put into one. Each extra payment will fill the tank several times. I would consider mileage to only be a tiebreaker to help decide between 2 vehicles when you're buying one anyway.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ASVPRock
I've never understood the argument that I need a new truck to get more mileage.

In general, I'd agree, but there could be circumstances where it weighs heavily in decision making. This is especially pertinent if you have a high-equity trade-in and are swapping for a vehicle of close to the same value. If you drive 2k miles a month and only get 13mpg and are looking to get something that gets 21mpg, that's about $200 a month if figuring on $3 gas. Now if you are having to upgrade to a much more expensive vehicle, you better have more than just MPG to list as a tangible benefit (warranty, reliability, payload, passenger capacity, etc).

Now with even more aplomb
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,461
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.